HSHS St. Francis Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
HSHS St Francis Hospital is a 25-certified-bed ‘for profit’ church-operated Hospital providing services to residents of Litchfield and Montgomery County, Illinois. The Facility is located at:
1215 Franciscan Dr.
Litchfield, IL 62056
Along with providing emergency services to Litchfield and Montgomery County, HSHS St. Francis Hospital also offers other services that include:
- Rehabilitation Services
- Radiology Laboratory Services
- Cardiopulmonary Services
- Sleep Studies
- Family Birth Center
- Community Outreach Program
Comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the United States, HSHS St Francis Hospital maintains an overall “A-” score, ranking it in the 71st percentile. According to Analytics MD, the facility ranking was calculated by using publicly available data. This data includes overall patient satisfaction, patient flow, patient/physician communication, and reported complications. Low percentile scores might be indicative of a high percentage of medical errors, mistakes and malpractice negligence happening at the hospital.
The emergency department at HSHS St. Francis Hospital is crucial to the local community four providing emergent care and critical services. Analytics MD collects publicly available data on every medical center and hospital nationwide and releases the information is a ranking percentile to be used as a comparison. The current ranking percentiles for this facility include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (60th percentile) – The measurement ranks the efficiency of how every patient is initially evaluated when arriving at the emergency department.
- Discharged Patient Flow (60th percentile) – The measurement ranks the efficiency of how patients who will not be admitted to the hospital from the emergency room after they are treated.
- Admitted Patient Flow (60th percentile) – The measurement ranks the efficiency of how very sick patients who need to be admitted to the hospital from the emergency department are treated.
- Frustrated Patients (50th percentile) – The measurement ranks the level of frustration patients feel when leaving the emergency room after being treated.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (83rd percentile) – The measurement ranks the patient’s overall experience from data collected in every department of the hospital.
HSHS St Francis Hospital currently holds one state designation that includes:
- Perinatal I
Surgical Site and Bloodstream Infection Rates
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors and evaluates infection rates at every hospital and medical center statewide. This includes total knee replacement surgery and coronary artery bypass graft surgery associated surgical site infections along with Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI).
Monitoring these infection rates help determine whether they are statistically higher or lower than the national average. The current surgical site and bloodstream infection rates involving HSHS St. Francis Hospital for 2015 include:
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery Surgical Site Infection Rate – 1 infection incident out of 34 procedures
- Facility-Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Bloodstream Infection Incident Rate – 1 infection incident out of 5360 patient days
- Facility-Acquired Clostridium Difficile Infection Incident Rate – 1 infection incident out of 4966 patient days.
The IDPH determined that the infection rate at the facility were “not statistically significantly worse or better than the national average.”
Readmission, 30-Day Mortality, and Inpatient Mortality Rates
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors data collected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and posted on their Hospital Compare website along with information gathered by Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). This data involves readmission, 30-day mortality and inpatient mortality rates for every Medical Center statewide. Readmission rates are important because a certain percentage of patients discharged from the hospital needed to be readmitted to the facility after being transferred to a nursing home/the family’s home or developing an unexpected complication.
Mortality rates are important because a certain percentage of patients die within 30 days after being admitted to the facility. Other information determines inpatient mortality rates that are used to develop better processes for providing care that have the potential of reducing short-term mortality rates. The Readmission, 30-Day and Inpatient Mortality rates for HSHS St. Francis Hospital between 07/01/2012 at 06/30/2015 include:
- Pneumonia Patients Who Needed to Be Readmitted to the Facility within 30 Days – 15.4 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Needed to Be Readmitted to the Facility within 30 Days – 21.1 percent.
- Pneumonia Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Being Admitted to the Facility – 19.6 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Being Admitted to the Facility – 13.3 percent.
- Pneumonia Patient Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate – 35.82 per 1000 or 3 incidents out of 81 patients, which is nearly 1.5 times greater than the Illinois state average of 23.48 per 1000 patients.
Litchfield Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe your loved one was harmed by medical malpractice while a patient at HSHS St. Francis Hospital, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC now. Let our Litchfield attorneys file case documents in the appropriate court and successfully resolve your medical malpractice compensation claim. In Montgomery County, that courthouse is located at:
120 N. Main Street
Hillsboro, Illinois 62049
Circuit Court Clerk Holly Lemons
Call our Montgomery County medical malpractice law firm today at (888) 424-5757 to speak with our representatives who can assist you in scheduling your free, no-obligation case evaluation. No upfront payments are required because our law firm accepts all medical malpractice compensation claims, personal injury cases and wrongful death lawsuits through contingency fee arrangements.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.