HSHS Saint Elizabeth Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
HSHS St Elizabeth's Hospital is a ‘not for profit’ 289-certified-bed church-operated medical center providing cares to residents of Belleville and St. Clair County, Illinois. The facility is located at:
211 South 3rd Street
Belleville, IL 62221
In addition to providing urgent and emergency services to St. Clair County, HHS Saint Elizabeth Hospital provides other valuable services that include:
- Cancer care
- Stroke care
- Physical therapy
- Laboratory testing
- Heart care
- Wound care
- Surgical services
- Pulmonary medicine
- Pain management
- Diabetes and nutrition care
- Hospitalist services
When comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the US, HSHS St. Elizabeth's Hospital maintains an overall “B-” score, ranking it in the 45th percentile. The calculated ranking was determined through publicly available data that includes patient flow, patient satisfaction, discharged patient length of stay, and reported complications. Lower scores might indicate a high percentage of medical malpractice, mistakes, and errors occurring at the facility.
The level of care that every hospital emergency department provides is crucial to the local community’s health. Analytics MD collects information and posts it online using percentile rankings as a comparison against all other hospital emergency rooms nationwide. Currently, the percentile ranking for the emergency room at HSHS Saint Elizabeth Hospital involves:
- Incoming Patient Flow 20th percentile) – This low ranking measures the inefficiency of how patients are evaluated after arriving at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (7th percentile) – This extremely low percentile ranking measures the inefficiency of how the medical team provides treatment to less sick patients who will receive care and then be discharged from the ER.
- Admitted Patient Flow (17th percentile) – This extremely low rank measures the inefficiency of how the medical team provides treatment to sicker patients who will require admittance to the hospital from the ER.
- Frustrated Patients (13th percentile) – This low measurement indicates the level of frustration patients feel after receiving care and leaving the emergency department.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (48th percentile) – This ranking reveals the overall patient experience in every hospital department.
HSHS St Elizabeth's Hospital currently holds two state designations that include:
- Perinatal II – This designation indicates that the hospital is a part of the Illinois Regionalized Perinatal System that was originally developed as an effective tool for improving perinatal outcomes to childbearing women and their newborn/fetus. As a Level II facility, the hospital provides a high level of care to childbearing women and their newborns who might be at risk for medical complications. While the facility does provide additional services and access to other facilities, they do not have a neonatal intensive care nursery or special care unit.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – This EDAP designation indicates that the hospital is part of the more than 100+ medical centers in the state recognized by the Emergency Medical Services for Children Program and the Illinois Department of Public Health for providing essential resources to meet the critical and emergent care needs of injured and severely ill pediatric patients. In addition, the hospital is staffed with specially trained medical professionals with a comprehensive understanding of critical and emergency pediatric care.
Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI) that occur in intensive care units in critical care units. Figure 2015, the CLABSI rate included:
- Adult Medical/Surgical ICU-Related Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection Rate – 2 infection incidents out of 2034 central line days.
The IDPH determined that this rate is “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The IDPH monitors facility-acquired contagious infection incident rates involving methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI). The status collected using laboratory testing results obtained from patients who have stayed at the hospital for at least four days. For 2015, the bloodstream infection rate for this facility included:
- Facility-Acquired MRSA Infection Incident Rate – 2 infection incidents out of 42,297 patient days.
- Facility-Acquired CDI Infection Incident Rate – 25 infection incidents out of 40,626 patient days.
The IDPH determined that these rates were “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.”
Belleville Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your family believes your loved one suffered harm or injuries by medical malpractice while they were a patient at HSHS St Elizabeth's Hospital, contact the law offices of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC now. Our skilled Belleville attorneys can work on your family’s behalf to successfully resolve your financial recompense claim against all those who caused your loved one’s harm.
We file claims against hospitals, medical centers, doctors, nursing staff, or facility employees in the appropriate courthouse. In St. Clair County, the courthouse is located at:
10 Public Square
Belleville, Illinois 62220
Circuit Court Clerk Kahalah A. Clay
Our law firm provides extensive case evaluations at no charge. There is no obligation to discuss the merits of your claim for compensation. Call our St. Clair County medical malpractice law offices today at (888) 424-5757. We provide immediate legal representation without any upfront payment. Our legal fees are paid only after we have successfully resolved your case by negotiating an out of court settlement on your behalf or winning the case at trial in front of a judge and jury.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.