- Illinois case law.
- Contemporary and local medical standards.
- Evidence and witnesses.
- Arguments and questioning.
Proving Medical Malpractice In Illinois
Unlike many other kinds of lawsuits in Illinois, medical malpractice requires points to be made with experts. For instance, they will testify what is the expected level of care for patients in the same circumstance and whether the doctor or healthcare professional met this level of care. Now, both sides will have their own experts and it is not uncommon for them to reach totally opposite conclusions. However, if their actions are deemed to fall below the standard level of care, and it resulted in harm to the patient, then they may be found negligent. Here are the general elements of medical malpractice:
- You were treated by the defendant.
- The defendant failed to give you the appropriate standard of care.
- You were injured and suffered damages while receiving care.
- Your injuries were caused by the defendant’s substandard care.
Common Medical Malpractice Errors And Injuries
Healthcare is expanding more and more every day. This is good news for patients except when the care they receive doesn’t comport with what they expected. Here are some of the most common errors that doctors and other medical professionals make. If you have been injured by one of them, then you might have a case for medical malpractice:
- Prescription: Doctors are prescribing more and more medications over the years. However, sometimes they make things worse or combine them with other medications in bad ways.
- Diagnoses: Doctors and other healthcare parties often make mistakes in the diagnosis process. This can include misdiagnosing the problem or diagnosing it in an untimely manner.
- Childbirth: Childbirth is an extremely complicated and critical procedure and mistakes made during it can impair the mother and child for life.
- Surgery: Surgeons performing operations often damage surrounding areas, leave tools in the body, or negligently perform the procedure.
Have More Questions About Medical Malpractice Litigation In Illinois?
Medical Malpractice cases are tough, especially in Illinois. They involve complicated issues and even more complicated procedures. Fortunately, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers has handled a lot of them. Benefit from our experience. Call us today and let us manage your lawsuit so that you don’t miss out on any compensation that you’re entitled to. Plus, we won’t charge you anything if you’re not happy with the award. Contact us now and someone from the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers will begin your claim immediately.
If you would like to know more about medical malpractice cases in Illinois, please read the following pages:
- Can I Pursue A Medical Malpractice Case If I Signed A Consent Form Before I Had My Procedure That Caused The Injury?
- What Should I Do If I Think I May Have Been Injured Due To Medical Negligence At An Illinois Hospital?
- Can I Sue For Medical Malpractice If My Operation Did Not Get The Results I Was Hoping For?