How can Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC Help me?
Many injured victims believe that if they hire a personal injury attorney that the case will end up going to court. Most believe that they will lose money by hiring a lawyer to settle the claim with the insurance company, when they can just accept the offer from the claims adjuster. Neither of these beliefs are true. The statistics do not live. Hiring an attorney can help ensure that you receive all the financial compensation you deserve if another's negligence or intentional action caused you harm.
The attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have years of experience in handling big insurance companies with endless resources and huge legal teams. Our reputable law firm is highly skilled in Illinois tort law and civil procedure rules and can handle every aspect of your case on your behalf. We fight aggressively for all our clients and serve as legal advocates until the case is successfully resolved through negotiation or at the end of a jury trial.
Without Legal Representation
The insurance company is in business to generate profits for its shareholders first before providing benefits to their policyholder who is usually the defendant in a lawsuit who caused the victim's injuries and damages. The insurance carrier's considerations are never directed toward the injured victim who is often faced with extensive medical bills, lost wages, severe injuries, and temporary/permanent disabilities.
In the days following an accident or incident that caused the victim harm, the insurance carrier will turn the case over to a claims adjuster who will seek to settle the case almost immediately. While an initial offer from an insurance company might be enticing to the victim who is in dire straits and facing years of financial burden, the amount being offered is usually significantly lower than what is actually owed.
The adjuster dangles a check in front of the injured victim in the hopes that the case will be wrapped up soon. If the victim accepts the check, the case is closed. However, the lowball amount of compensation could cause significant problems when bills begin arriving or there is a need for additional surgeries and therapies but no money to pay the bill.
In some cases, an insurance company will be unwilling to make any reasonable offer or might deny your claim for compensation outright claiming you do not have a valid case. Other times, they may delay paying you in the hopes that the intense distress and financial burden you faced with mounting medical bills will be unbearable. At that point, they offer a tiny amount of monetary compensation to close your case and save the rest to pay profits to their shareholders at your expense.
With Legal Representation
Our attorneys understand that personal injury lawsuits and wrongful death cases are extremely complex even if the victim is suffering minor injuries or minimal damage. Instead of recommending that our client accepts the first offer, we begin building a case based on the available evidence and facts surrounding the incident. We do much more than coordinate the legal aspects of your case. Through investigation and experience, we may identify multiple parties who are at fault for causing your injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one that can be held legally liable to provide additional compensation.
Our law firm hires investigators and accident reconstruction experts to determine who is at fault and review medical documents and police records to gather pertinent facts. Our attorneys speak with eyewitnesses and record their accounts of what happened and hire professional experts that will offer testimony during a negotiation settlement meeting or at trial, if necessary.
The Discovery Process
At some point, both the plaintiff and defendants involved in the lawsuit will participate in the discovery process that can take six months or longer to complete. Our legal team will send interrogatories (legal questions) and take depositions of every relevant witness, including the plaintiff and defendants, to gather testimony and evidence. This information will be used to build or defend a case at trial. Both sides share all pertinent facts and evidence obtained during discovery.
Settle or go to Trial
If your injuries are minor and your damages are small, you will likely settle your case before its even filed in the proper county courthouse. However, that does not mean that you will receive inadequate compensation. Before we recommend settling, we will calculate the worth of your case and talk to you about making a demand and beginning the negotiation process with the defendant's insurance company or attorneys.
If you agree that we should settle the case out of court, we will send the defendant a demand letter knowing that you have reached maximum improvement in your health or determine your medical needs for the future. At that point, the defendant's attorney or insurance carrier will agree to schedule a negotiation meeting where we will present our side to prove why you need the amount of monetary compensation we demand to receive. Our attorneys know that it may take more than one settlement meeting to reach an agreement or prepare to take the case to trial when the defense attorneys are unreasonable in their settlement offer.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
As a personal injury and wrongful death law firm, we handle many different types of cases where our clients have suffered injuries, losses or damages. These include:
- Bad faith insurance claims
- Bad medications
- Bike accidents
- Boat crashes
- Bus collisions
- Construction site accidents
- Defective medical devices
- Defective products
- Dog bite (animal attack) injuries
- Environmental injuries
- FELA injuries
- Maritime injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Nursing Home abuse, mistreatment, or neglect
- Pedestrian injuries
- Premises liability
- Public transportation crashes
- Slip and fall events
- Spinal cord traumatic injury
- Toxic exposure
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Worker's Compensation claims
- Wrongful death
- Other personal injury claims
Eleven Things to Consider
The dust has not yet settled from the crash that caused your injuries before you are feeling overwhelmed in filling out paperwork for the police officer, emergency room doctor, and insurance companies. You are likely confused about how to answer any question involving what happened or what to do next. Without legal help, you may make the wrong decision that could cost your family thousands of dollars or more in missed compensation that was available to receive.
Our reputable personal injury attorneys would like you to consider the ten reasons why you should hire our law firm to handle your case.
- Years of Experience in Assessing Cases – We have handled many cases just like yours and can accurately assess the benefits of pursuing legal action to ensure your family is financially compensated for your damages. We can determine if you are likely to win your lawsuit and how long and how much it will take to prepare your case for litigation.
- No Fees If We Are Unable to Recover Your Compensation – We accept all of our personal injury cases and wrongful death lawsuits through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement means that you will not pay attorney's fees if we are unable to win your case through a negotiated settlement or jury trial award.
- We Can Cut through All the Red Tape – Even simple civil court cases involve complicated legal procedures where the plaintiff must deal with confusing medical and legal terms and file reams of paperwork and documentation in the courthouse. Our attorneys have years of experience in cutting through all red tape to get the case started right away to ensure our clients have a quick resolution to their lawsuit.
- We Have Access to All Necessary Resources – To ensure you receive adequate monetary recovery, we will use our valuable resources and hire expert witnesses and investigators to build your case for compensation.
- We Have a Competent Investigative Team – Our law firm work with the team of investigators who specialize in gathering evidence, finding witnesses, and reconstructing the event that led to a vehicle accident, medical malpractice, defective manufacturing process, or other condition that caused your harm.
- We Provide Legal Objectivity – There are many aspects of handling a personal injury case or wrongful death lawsuit that can cause frustration, pain, anger, confusion, and fear that often distort the facts. Our clear and concise legal objectivity can help you focus on what is important – to receive all available compensation – and not make a rash decision that could cause huge financial problems if things go wrong. Our attorneys provide focused advice and counsel to ensure your best interests are met.
- We Have Alternative Options Available to Resolve Disputes – Complicated trials can drag on for months or years without ever completely resolving the case. Our experienced team of lawyers can guide you through the process to determine if alternative dispute resolution (ADR) processes like arbitration or mediation might better serve you to resolve your case while saving money, time, and the drain on your emotions.
- We Have Years of Experience Working with Other Attorneys – At some point, if you handle the case without legal representation, you will face the team of attorneys working for the defendant's insurance company beginning with the discovery phase. Our legal team has years of experience in working with defendants' attorneys while fact-finding, building the case, scheduling negotiation meetings, settling the case, and preparing for trial.
- We Have Dealt with All Major Insurance Companies – Our attorneys have worked with all major insurance companies and understand their tactics at getting victims without legal representation to accept a minimal financial settlement offer to close the case. We understand their strategies and offer our clients insight and legal advice on how to push forward to ensure the amount that is negotiated or awarded is satisfactory to pay for all their damages.
- Our Attorneys Are Exceptionally Skilled in Negotiating – At some point, the defendant's legal team will accept our offer to settle the case out of court. However, we do not make the demand for negotiation until we are ready and able to prove why we are asking for a high amount of compensation. Our negotiation skills have proven to be highly effective at resolving cases quickly for the desired amount.
- We Have Obtained the Highest Jury Verdicts for Our Clients – If you find that the outcome of the negotiation settlement is unsatisfactory to meet your financial burden, we will begin preparing your case to take to trial. Our litigation legal team have years of experience in zealously representing our clients in court. We use proven processes to ensure that we that will be compassionate about your injuries and damages, and willing to listen to testimony to provide the verdict you desire. Our proven legal strategies have allowed us to obtain the highest jury verdicts for our clients.
Call for a Free Evaluation
The personal injury attorney attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC understand that the negligence or careless actions of others caused your injuries, damages, and losses. We have successfully obtained millions on behalf of the victims and their family members to ensure they were adequately compensated to cover their medical expenses, household bills, lost wages, loss of future earnings, pain, suffering, and emotional damage and we can help your family too.
Our legal team encourages you to contact our attorneys today to schedule a no-obligation case consultation to discuss the merits of your monetary recovery claim at no cost to you. We accept all personal injury cases in wrongful death lawsuits through contingency fee arrangements. This arrangement postpones the payment of legal services until after we have successfully completed your case through a negotiated settlement or a jury verdict.
Our law firm gets results quickly because we understand you need money now. We proudly offer every client a “No Win/No-Fee” Guarantee, meaning if we are unable to secure financial compensation on your behalf you owe us nothing. We have a comprehensive understanding of civil tort law's in your jurisdiction. All information you share with our law office will stay confidential.
For additional information see the following pages:
- What Is Xarelto and What Are Its Side Effects?
- Has The FDA Taken Any Action Against Xarelto?
- Has The FDA Made a Recall of Xarelto?
- Have There Been Any Lawsuits Involving Xarelto?
- Are There Any Class Action Lawsuits Involving Xarelto?
- What Claims Could Be In A Xarelto Lawsuit?
- What Kind of Damages Could I Get In A Xarelto Lawsuit?
- When Should I Bring My Xarelto Lawsuit?