If you are injured in an Illinois bus accident and retain Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC to represent you in your legal claim, our team of dedicated accident attorneys will guarantee you the following:
- The experience to succeed
- Ample resources
- Open communication
- Access when it counts
Winning a bus crash lawsuit can be challenging because many factors are at play in determining fault and liability for the accident. Usually, public transportation vehicles including mass transit buses are owned, managed, or operated by local governments. Different laws apply to local, state and municipal defendants than apply to private defendants, and public defendants enjoy certain immunities. You need the services of an attorney experienced in the complexities of litigating against government entities.
Filing a lawsuit against a privately owned bus operator is a different matter. Private bus companies are required to carry multimillion-dollar liability coverage to ensure there is sufficient insurance to compensate anyone who could be hurt in an accident.
If you retain our law firm, the most important thing we can offer you is our significant history representing plaintiffs in similar circumstances. We can use our considerable knowledge to direct your case quickly and efficiently to an out-of-court settlement or a jury award if it goes to trial. From the first day, our attorneys will build a plan of attack to maximize your recovery.
Our experience usually results in a successful resolution because:
- We have litigated hundreds of truck, car, and bus accident cases in Illinois and other states
- Defense attorneys have faced us before in open court and lost
- Our record-breaking settlements and jury verdicts confirm the fact that we fight aggressively to protect the rights of bus accident victims and their survivors
Do I Have a Case?
Our lawyers handle accident claims for bus passengers, bicyclists, pedestrians, and other motorists injured in collisions with buses. We will review the facts involved in your case to determine the accident’s cause and if you are eligible to file a lawsuit for compensation.
We will then get to work building a compelling case by:
- Reviewing written records associated with the accident—This includes the police crash report, the insurance company’s report, and your medical records, which can all be used as evidence to support your claim.
- Collecting evidence from the accident scene to determine the factors that contributed to the crash before it is intentionally or accidentally destroyed, including evidence of the road and weather conditions at the time of the crash.
- Interviewing witnesses—We’ll track down eyewitnesses to the crash who can provide testimony against the bus driver or other parties at fault.
- Investigating the bus company—Find out if the company that owns the bus has a history of other accidents in which it was ordered to pay compensation to injured victims, and also research the company’s hiring and training practices for its drivers.
- Investigating the bus driver’s driving history—Uncover information from the driver's record that might identify serious problems including alcohol or drug abuse, distracted driving incidents, or lack of training.
- Negotiating with the insurance company—At some point the insurance company for the bus driver and operator will likely request a meeting with you and your counsel to offer you a settlement in order to avoid lengthy and expensive litigation.
- Take your case to trial—If we are unable to secure satisfactory financial compensation for you at one or more settlement meetings, we will likely recommend that you take your case to court and present your evidence in front of a judge and jury. We’ll make sure the complaint and all the required paperwork are filed with the appropriate county court before the state statute of limitations expires.
- Consulting experts—We have access to a network of professionals who can provide expert testimony in depositions and at trial. These may include a medical expert who can describe the extent of your injuries and your need for future medical treatments, rehabilitation and medication; a vocational expert who can explain how your new physical limitations might affect your ability to earn a livelihood; and accident reconstructionists who can provide a detailed analysis of exactly how the crash occurred and who is at fault.
Access When it Counts
The challenges involved in resolving a complicated bus accident case require the services of a personal injury attorney who specializes in these types of accidents. Working with our firm offers significant advantages because we guarantee continuous access to our experienced group of attorneys. We believe communication is crucial because keeping you informed about your case will empower both you and us to resolve your case successfully. Our attorneys will make sure you are well informed throughout every stage of your lawsuit.
The commercial vehicle injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers understand your injuries or the death of your loved one was not your fault. We invest all resources necessary to ensure our clients fully recover their damages. We have won millions of dollars on behalf of bus accident victims and their families to compensate their medical expenses, household bills, lost wages and future earnings, pain, suffering, and emotional damage, and we can help your family too. We get results quickly because we understand you need money now.
How Much Will Your Firm Charge to Take my Case?
We offer every potential client a free, no-obligation initial case consultation. Our attorneys accept every case through contingency fee arrangements, which postpones the payment of our legal fees until we have successfully resolved your case. If we are unable to secure financial compensation on your behalf, you owe our firm nothing.
Call our offices at (888) 424-5757 to schedule an appointment today. Let our team of bus accident attorneys listen to your concerns and explain your legal options so your family receives the financial compensation they deserve.