Chicago Homeowners Insurance Injury Claims Attorneys
The fundamental purpose of homeowner’s insurance is to protect policyholders from costs associated with incurring loss, either due to an accident, theft or an unforeseen disaster. Consumers hand over a lot of money for the right to feel secure in the knowledge that in the event that the unexpected happens, they will be able to receive compensation comparable to the value of any items or property that has been lost. Insurance companies are infamous for devising tactics to reduce their liability in the event that policyholders attempt to file claims, however, and some of these tactics are both dubious and illegal in that they violate the agreements they have made with their customers when underwriting the policies.
When it comes to personal injuries sustained at the home of a friend or family, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can assist you with getting the compensation you are entitled to under Illinois law. Our Chicago homeowner insurance claim lawyers have helped people from all parts of Illinois when a dangerous condition or negligent conduct results in an injury. Many of our Chicago homeowner insurance claims involve:
- Stairway accidents
- Slip and fall on snow or ice
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Dog attacks
- Premises liability
If you were injured at the home of another person, we invite you to speak to an attorney at our office about your legal rights. As with all of out personal injury cases, we work on a contingency fee basis where there is only a legal fee charged when there is a financial recovery for you.
Damages Covered by Homeowner’s Insurance Policies
Consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the small print that insurance companies include in their policies but some still allow themselves to be duped or bullied by their insurers when it comes time to file a claim. The damages covered by many typical homeowner’s insurance policies include the following.
- Damage to the property resulting from a break in or robbery, including the cost of any items stolen during the theft.
- Damage to the property due to vandalism or negligent actions of a third party.
- The cost of repairs following storms, floods or other natural disasters such as hail, water, fire, wind and electrical damage.
- Damage caused due to an accident such as a fire which started on accident, regardless of whether the fire was the result of individual negligence.
- Damage caused by environmental disasters such as toxic material spills or devaluation of property due to excessive pollution.
Attempts at Intimidation: Attempts by Insurance Carriers to Bully Legitimate Claims From Getting Pursued
One of the primary means that insurance companies have to prevent the payment of claims is to intimidate or bully those who submit or consider submitting a claim. If you experience any of the following forms of intimidation, speak with an attorney who is experienced in homeowner’s insurance law right away. The insurance company may be in violation of its agreement with you and its attempts to refuse payment may be against the law.
- Threatening to cancel your policy or refuse renewal in the future if you file a claim. The fear of losing coverage often scares policyholders into deciding to drop their claims.
- Claiming that the damages that you are seeking compensation for are not covered or that they are considered an exclusion in your coverage. Insurance companies love to change the rules after they’ve provided coverage and the right attorney can help you stand your ground when they attempt to redefine what damages are covered and not covered.
- Claiming that your policy is void because you omitted information or provided false information when applying for coverage. Insurance companies often try to find loopholes that they can use to escape payment of claims. In the majority of cases, this tactic is a smoke screen and designed to make the claimant change his or her mind about filing a claim.
- Denying your claim while accusing you of hiding evidence or concealing material facts.
- Claiming that you must submit to an Examination Under Oath in order for your claim to be processed. This proceeding is designed to gather information which can later be used against you and you should never allow yourself to be subjected to questioning or examination without the presence of your legal representation.
Take Control of Your Injury Case Involving a Homeowner's Insurance Claim
Everything that you say or do when attempting to file a claim will be monitored and scrutinized later on in court so it is always advisable to limit your communication with any insurance company until you’ve obtained legal representation. The Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have experience working with insurance companies and are aware of the tactics and trickery that they will use to weasel their way out of paying claims. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation so that you can learn more about your rights as well as what we can do for you while representing you and your interests both in and out of court.
Our Chicago homeowner claim attorneys will only receive payment once we have successfully won your case or negotiated a fair settlement in your best interests. If we cannot secure compensation on your behalf, you will not owe us a thing.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.