The Chicago auto accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent the interests and needs of car, truck, and motorcycle victims and make every attempt to ensure that they receive the financial compensation and access to quality medical care they need to move forward with their lives. Hip fractures can make it challenging for victims to recover fully. The rehabilitation process is often long and painful. In some cases, the victims must receive replacement hips when other treatment measures were not as effective as doctors hoped. These implants may help victims recover their mobility but come with the risk of complications and the need for expensive procedures and ongoing care.
Causes of Hip Fractures in Auto Collisions
Tremendous force is involved in auto accidents, which can cause severe injury and death. Our Chicago auto injury lawyers specialize in representing clients who have suffered serious injuries in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Fractures occur in accidents from force and pressure being exerted on the human body. Human bones have the strength to support the body. However, but the excessive force of a crash can make bones break or shatter. Serious hip fractures can result from the following.
- T-bone collisions at intersections — A blindsided collision from the side places the hips in the path of devastation. The side impact forces during an accident can dislocate or fracture the joint or long bones.
- Motorcycle accidents — Motorcyclists place themselves at the risk of suffering numerous catastrophic injuries. The biker's hips are especially vulnerable because they can come into contact with another vehicle in an accident, with the ground when the rider is thrown from the bike, or with road debris. Catching a leg between two objects moving in opposing directions may also cause an injury to the hip.
- Truck accidents — Operating a large commercial vehicle irresponsibly can result in incredible devastation. Lacerations, broken bones and internal injuries are all possible when a truck crushes a vehicle and occupants beneath its weight. Victims may suffer fractured hips in addition to numerous other injuries.
- Rollover accidents — When a vehicle rolls over, the occupants can be at risk of colliding with objects attacking from all directions. If the occupants are not properly buckled in, they may be ejected from the vehicle or strike the dashboard, steering wheel or the back of a front seat. Their hips may also fracture when the side of the vehicle impacts the ground during the rollover.
- Bicycle Crashes - The lack of any protective equipment makes bicyclists particularly susceptible to orthopedic injuries, from all types of impacts including vehicles merging into cyclists.
Complications Caused by Hip Injury
The hip is a load bearing joint that carries the weight of the upper body and allows us to move our upper legs. When victims suffer hip injuries, their mobility is severely inhibited and placing any weight on the joint can result in excruciating pain. The symptoms and complications that accompany hip injuries suffered in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents include the following.
- The inability to place weight on one leg. Victims will find that they are unable to move the affected leg normally and the excruciating pain is accompanied by stiffness and swelling.
- The shortening of one leg. When the hip is fractured or dislocated, it can cause one leg to be longer than the other. This makes it difficult for the victim to recover his or her mobility and surgery may be required to restore the legs to an equal length.
- Damage to blood vessels and muscles. A hip dislocation or fracture can threaten the tendons and ligaments supporting the joint. When this occurs, tissue and nerve damage is possible, both of which make recovery more difficult. When significant nerve damage occurs, it could impact mobility permanently.
- Severe pain following the injury and during recovery. Hip fractures elevate the risk of regular pain and victims frequently require medication to manage their pain. In addition to the pain caused by the injury itself, victims may experience arthritic pain and nerve pain.
Our Chicago auto injury attorneys understand the physical and emotional turmoil that victims must endure when they are recovering from hip injuries. Treatment options tend to be cost prohibitive and no value placed on a victim’s pain and suffering ever feels adequate. It is for these reasons that we will always seek the maximum amount of compensation the law allows on behalf of our clients so that they can recover the cost of their medical care, the value of their lost wages and additional financial compensation to cover out of pocket costs along with pain and suffering.
If you have been injured in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help you with award-winning legal services. Our legal team has extensive resources and access to an extensive network of medical experts equipped to ensure you receive the best care available. Our attorneys handle every aspect of your case so you can focus completely on your physical recovery without worrying about mounting bills and medical expenses. Our firm will explore all avenues available to successfully resolve your monetary recompense claim.
Contact us today to arrange a free case evaluation with one of our qualified Chicago auto accident attorneys. Allow our lawyers to collect all of the information we need to make a proper assessment and review your legal options with you. Our law firm will answer all of your questions so that you know just what to expect in resolving your case. We assure you that our services will not cost you a thing unless we are able to recover the financial compensation that you rightfully deserve on your behalf.