The Chicago auto accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers represent the interests and needs of car, truck and motorcycle victims and make every attempt to ensure that they have the financial compensation and access to quality medical care they need to move forward with their lives. Hip fractures can make it difficult for victims to recover fully and the rehabilitation process is often long and painful. In some cases, the victims must receive replacement hips after the determination that other treatment measures are not as effective as doctors hoped. These implants may help victims recover their mobility, but come with the risk of complications and the need for expensive procedures and ongoing care.Causes of Hip Fractures in Auto Collisions
Great amounts of force are involved in auto accidents and our Chicago auto injury lawyers specialize in representing clients who have suffered serious injuries in car, truck and motorcycle accidents. Fractures are the common result of force and pressure being exerted on the human body. Our bones have the strength to support us and make up the frames of our bodies, but excessive force can make them break or shatter. Serious hip fractures can result from the following.
- T-bone collisions at intersections— being blindsided from the side places the hips in the path of devastation. When the side is the focal point of the forces displaced during an accident, it can result in the dislocation or fracture of the joint or bones comprising it.
- Motorcycle accidents— motorcyclists place themselves at risk of suffering numerous forms of catastrophic injury. The hips are especially vulnerable because they can come into contact with another vehicle in an accident, with the ground when the rider is thrown from the bike or with road debris. Having one’s leg caught between two objects moving in opposing directions may also cause an injury to the hip.
- Truck accidents— the irresponsible operation of large commercial vehicles can result in incredible devastation. Lacerations, broken bones and internal injuries are all possible when a truck crushes a vehicle beneath its weight. Victims may suffer fractured hips in addition to numerous other injuries.
- Rollover accidents— when a vehicle rolls over, occupants are at risk of colliding with objects coming from all directions. If they are not properly buckled in, they may be ejected from the vehicle or strike the dashboard, steering wheel or the back of another seat. Their hips may also fracture when the side of the vehicle impacts the ground during the rollover.
- Bicycle Crashes - The lack of any protective equipment makes bicyclists particularly susceptible to orthopedic injuries, from all types of impacts including vehicles merging into cyclists.
The hip is a load bearing joint that carries the weight of the upper body and allows us to move our upper legs. When victims suffer hip injuries, their mobility is severely inhibited and placing any weight on the joint can result in excruciating pain. The symptoms and complications that accompany hip injuries suffered in car, truck and motorcycle accidents include the following.
- The inability to place weight on one leg. Victims will find that they are completely unable to move the affected leg and the pain is accompanied by stiffness and swelling.
- The shortening of one leg. When the hip is fractured or dislocated, it can cause one leg to be longer than the other. This makes it difficult for the victim to recover his or her mobility and surgery may be required to restore the legs to an equal length.
- Damage to blood vessels and muscles. A hip dislocation or fracture can threaten the tendons and ligaments supporting the joint. When this occurs, tissue and nerve damage is possible, both of which make recovery more difficult. When significant nerve damage occurs, it could impact mobility permanently.
- Severe pain following the injury and during recovery. Hip fractures elevate the risk of regular pain and victims frequently require medication to manage their pain. In addition to the pain caused by the injury itself, victims may experience arthritic pain and nerve pain.
Our Chicago auto injury attorneys understand the physical and emotional turmoil that victims must endure when they are recovering from hip injuries. Treatment options tend to be cost prohibitive and no value placed on a victim’s pain and suffering ever feels adequate. It is for these reasons that we will always seek the maximum amount of compensation the law allows on behalf of our clients so that they can recover the cost of their medical care, the value of their lost wages and additional compensation to cover their out of pocket costs and pain and suffering.
If you have been injured in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers can help you with award winning legal services and access to an extensive network of medical experts equipped to ensure you receive the best care available. We want you to be able to focus completely on your physical recovery without worrying about mounting bills and medical expenses and will explore all avenues available to achieve that end.
Contact us today to arrange a free case evaluation with one of our qualified Chicago auto accident attorneys and we will collect all of the information we need to make a proper assessment and review your legal options with you. We will answer all of your questions so that you know just what you can expect and we assure you that our services will not cost you a thing unless we are able to recover the compensation that you rightfully deserve on your behalf.