For over five decades, Heritage Enterprises has offered health care services at facilities throughout the state of Illinois and Indianapolis, Indiana. This includes 21 owned facilities, 10 managed facilities and 6 Evergreen centers. Heritage of Care in Elgin is the only Heritage Enterprises in the Chicago area.
Heritage Enterprises offers a variety of services including restorative therapy, skilled nursing, supportive and assisted living solutions, memory care, independent living options and wellness communities. Their locations include:
- Glenhaven Gardens Supportive Living (Alton)
- Evergreen Place Supportive Living (Beardstown, Decatur, Litchfield and Streator)
- Evergreen Place Assistive Living (Chillicothe, Normal)
- Colonial Manor (Danville)
- Country Healthcare & Rehab (Gifford)
- Evergreen Crossing & The Lofts (Indianapolis, IN)
- Castle Manor Supportive Living (Lincoln)
- St. Clair’s Manor (Lincoln)
- Burnsides Community Health Center (Marshall)
- Mason City Area Nursing Home (Mason City)
- Odd Fellow – Rebekah Home (Mantoon)
- Vonderlieth Living Center (Mt. Pulaski)
- Adelaide Apartments Independent Living (Normal)
- Evergreen Village (Normal)
- Evergreen Villas – Normal (Normal)
- Illinois Knights Templar Home (Paxton)
- Sunny Acres Nursing Home (Petersburg)
- The Villas Senior Care Community (Sherman)
- Regency Care (Springfield)
- Walnut Manor Nursing Home (Walnut)
- Heritage Health (Beardstown, Bloomington, Carlinville, Chillicothe, Dwight, Elgin, El Paso, Gibson City, Gillespie, Hoopeston, Jacksonville, LaSalle, Litchfield, Mendota, Minonk, Mt. Sterling, Mt. Zion, Normal, Pana, Peru, Robinson, Springfield, Staunton and Streator)
Heritage health Enterprises offers restorative care including rehabilitation and therapies to treat medical conditions and diagnoses that include:
- Physical therapies including gait training and fall management
- Occupational therapies including community re-entry and living skills retraining
- Speech therapies to rehabilitate from swallowing disorders (dysphagia) and Parkinson’s disease
Many of the therapists providing services that Heritage Healthcare Centers are Geriatric Specialization certified or hold DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) degrees to provide optimal care to residents.Supportive and Assisted Living Solutions
Many senior citizens eager to remain independent later in life lose the ability to live alone. Because of that, many of these individuals will move into an assisted living facility to retain independent living at many levels of daily life. They often require assistance with daily medical, hygiene and living needs including bathing, medication reminders, transportation, housekeeping and meal preparation. Heritage Healthcare Centers provide lifestyle solutions at their Evergreen Place Assisted Living facility in Normal, with additional facilities opening in Chillicothe (2015) and Orland Park (2016).
Heritage Enterprises also offers supportive solutions for senior citizens at every income level. The supportive living facilities accept payment through long-term care insurance, private pay and Medicaid. The Evergreen Village Supportive Living centers are located in Normal, Litchfield, Streator, Beardstown, Decatur, Lincoln and Alton.Lawsuit Filed Alleging Neglect at Heritage Enterprises
In the summer of 2014, a lawsuit was filed by a former employee of Heritage Enterprises alleging her wrongful termination was the result of reporting negligent care at the Alton Glenhaven Gardens Supportive Living facility. The complaint claims the woman informed supervisors of improper treatment of patients residing at the facility due to understaffing and overwork of the nursing staff. Apparently, after voicing concerns of how Glenhaven Gardens was managed, she was discharged from her employment.
Many nursing facilities throughout the nation reduce or limit the number of staff on hand to save money and generate higher profits. However, the understaffing at the facility usually results in overworked nurses, nurse’s aides, vocational nurses and nursing assistants. The demand on minimal staff charged with monitoring residents usually leads to some type of neglect, causing injuries or death of the resident.
Neglect and abuse in nursing facilities can cause significant harm to the patient including the development of bedsores, malnutrition, dehydration and loss of function. In many incidences, understaffing leads to deplorable living conditions, poor hygiene and disease. When a nursing facility does not develop, implement and enforce effective standards of care for all residents, and a patient is injured, they can be held legally liable to the victim and surviving family members.Is It Time For You To Explore a Potential Claim Against Heritage Nursing Home?
Many families and victims will file a personal injury claim or wrongful death lawsuit seeking financial compensation for their injuries, damages and losses. Hiring an attorney to take legal action can usually stop the abuse and neglect immediately. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers works on behalf of the victim to ensure that nursing home operators are held fully accountable when a patient is injured or killed. Our team has successfully prosecuted nursing home negligence lawsuits in many different jurisdictions and we are here to serve you.