The FDA has released a warning regarding the use of Zofran, especially for those with underlying heart issues. It recommends ECG monitoring for those taking it and experiencing electrolyte or heart imbalances. You can read the report here. If you are taking Zofran and experience these problems or any other adverse effect, the FDA encourages you to do the following:
- Complete and submit the report Online:
- Download form or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
For additional information see the following pages:
- Why were pregnant women prescribed Zofran?
- What types of birth defects in children have been associated with Zofran usage?
- Has there been a recall of Zofran from the market?
- Have there been any lawsuits filed against the manufacturer of Zofran related to birth defects in children?
- If I took Zofran during my pregnancy and my child was born with birth defects, can I file a legal claim or lawsuit to recover compensation for their injuries?
- Are there any time constraints for pursuing a lawsuit related to Zofran-birth-defects?
- What must be alleged in a Zofran lawsuit in Federal Court?
- What damages are available for myself and my child in a Zofran birth defect lawsuit?
- If a took a generic version of Zofran, can I still pursue a legal claim for damages related to my child’s birth defects?
- Are there any class action lawsuits against GlaxoSmithKline, the manufacturer of Zofran, for children who have birth defects following Zofran usage during pregnancy?