Has the FDA issued any warnings concerning the use of Zofran during pregnancy?
The FDA has released a warning regarding the use of Zofran, especially for those with underlying heart issues. It recommends ECG monitoring for those taking it and experiencing electrolyte or heart imbalances. You can read the report here. If you are taking Zofran and experience these problems or any other adverse effect, the FDA encourages you to do the following:
- Complete and submit the report Online:
- Download form or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
For additional information, see the following pages:
- Has there been a recall of Zofran from the market?
- Have there been any lawsuits filed against the manufacturer of Zofran related to birth defects in children?
- If I took Zofran during my pregnancy and my child was born with birth defects, can I file a legal claim or lawsuit to recover compensation for their injuries?