Harrisburg Medical Center Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Harrisburg Medical Center is a ‘not for profit’ facility providing services to residents of Harrisburg and Saline County, Illinois. The 77-certified-bed Hospital is located at:
100 Dr. Warren Tuttle Drive
Harrisburg, IL 62946
In addition to providing urgent and emergency care to the local community, Harrisburg Medical Center also offers other valuable services that include:
- Medical surgical services
- Infusion and oncology unit
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Behavioral health
- Operating room/recovery room
- Ambulatory care
- Progressive care unit/special care unit
- Diagnostic radiology
- Digital mammography
- Nuclear medicine
- Laboratory testing
- Respiratory therapy
- Sleep diagnostics
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Aquatic therapy
- Sports medicine care
Comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the United States, Harrisburg Medical Center maintains an overall “B-” score, ranking it in the 43rd percentile. According to Analytics MD, the facility ranking was calculated using publicly available data that includes patient satisfaction, staff responsiveness, cost per patient day, patient flow, nurse/patient communication, front-end initial assessment flow, and reported complications. Low percentile scores might indicate a high percentage of medical errors, mistakes and malpractice negligence happening at the hospital.
Like all emergency departments in Illinois hospitals, the ER room at Harrison Medical Center is crucial to the health and well-being of Saline County residents. Data on nationwide emergency rooms accumulated by Analytics MD is posted as a percentile ranking and is used as a comparison against all facilities in the United States. Currently, the percentile rankings for the emergency room at Harrisonburg Medical Center include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (17th percentile) – This low ranking measures the efficiency of how the medical team evaluates patients upon their arrival in the ER room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (73rd percentile) – This ranking measures how the medical team treats patients who received care and are discharged from the ER room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (82nd percentile) – This ranking measures how the medical team provides care and treatment to sicker patients who will need to be admitted into the facility from the ER room.
- Frustrated Patients (52nd percentile) – This ranking measures the level of frustration that patients feel after receiving treatment and leaving the ER room.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (66 percentile) – This ranking measures the overall patient’s experience in all hospital operations and departments.
Bloodstream Infection Rates
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors facility-acquired bloodstream infection incident rates involving CDI (Clostridium difficile infection) and MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus). The data of contagious diseases and hospitals are collected using laboratory testing results obtained by medical professionals from patients who have been at the facility for more than three days.
Monitoring these infection rates is crucial to determine if the number of bloodstream infections “are statistically different from the national average.” For 2015, the contagious infection rate at Harrisburg Medical Center it involved:
- MRSA Facility-Acquired Infection Incident Rate – 0 infection incidents out of 6073 patient days.
- CDI Facility-Acquired Infection Incident Rate – 0 infection incidents out of 6016 patient days.
Patient Safety Concerns
Data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and posted online through report card and risk adjustment methodologies helps measure patient safety concerns and any potential complication or adverse event that could occur after procedures and surgeries. This valuable information can help the public health department determine if these cases are statistically better or worse in the state average. For 2015, the patient safety concerns at Harrisburg Medical Center involve:
- Accidental Laceration and Puncture Rate – The risk-adjusted rate 2.79 per 1000 patients or one death out of 2946 patients. This number is nearly double the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 14.17 per 1000 or one death out of 90 patients. This rate is more than three times the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
A certain percentage of all patients discharged from the hospital will need to return to the medical center due to an unexpected complication or the inability to make a transition into a nursing facility or their home. Between 07/01/2012 at 06/30/2015, the readmission rates for this facility involved:
- Pneumonia Patients – 19.4 percent
- Heart Failure – 21.4 percent
Harrisburg Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you have suspicions that your loved one was injured or harmed while a patient at Harrisburg Medical Center, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC. Allow our Illinois personal injury attorneys to file your claim for compensation against every party responsible for causing harm to your loved one. Our years of experience in medical malpractice cases can ensure a successful financial resolution to make sure your family receives the financial recompense they deserve.
Let our attorneys handle every aspect of your medical malpractice claim or wrongful death lawsuit and file all the necessary documentation in the appropriate court. In Saline County, the courthouse is located at:
10 East Poplar Street
Harrisburg, Illinois 62946
Circuit Court Clerk Randy Nyberg
Contact our Saline County medical malpractice law firm now at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your comprehensive, no-obligation case consultation with our attorneys at no charge. Our law firm does not require any upfront payment because we accept every medical malpractice claim and wrongful death lawsuit through contingency fee arrangements. All information you share with our law offices will remain confidential.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.