Genesis Medical Center - Silvis is a ‘not for profit’ 145-certified-bed Center providing cares and services to residents of Silvis and Rock Island County, Illinois. The Facility is located at:
801 Illini Drive
Silvis, IL 61282
Along with providing emergency care to the local community, Genesis Medical Center – Silvis also offers other services that include:
- Birthing center
- Diabetes care
- Cancer care
- Imaging laboratory testing
- Trauma Center
- Stroke care
- Physical therapy
- Skilled care
- Critical/ICU care
- Restorative care
- Cardio care
When comparing this facility to other hospitals and medical centers hospitals nationwide, Genesis Medical Center – Silvis maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 54th percentile. The calculated ranking uses publicly available information including reported complications, patient cost, the length of stay, emergency department initial assessment, patient satisfaction, physician/patient communication, quiet rooms, and patient flow. A median to low score is often indicative of a high percentage of medical errors and mistakes occurring at the facility.
Like every hospital or medical center in the US, the level of emergent and critical care provided at the Genesis Medical Center – Silvis Emergency Department is crucial to the county. Analytics MD collects data and releases the information through percentile rankings involving every emergency department at hospitals and medical centers nationwide. This data is used to determine the level of care or lack of care provided by these facilities. The current percentile rankings involving Genesis Medical Center – Silvis include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (61st percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of the medical team in evaluating the patient’s needs when first arriving at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (54th percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team provides care and treatment to less sick patients who will be discharged from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (78 percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team provides treatment to sicker patients who will require admittance into the hospital from the emergency room.
- Frustrated Patients (67th percentile) – This measurement reveals a level of frustration patients feel when leaving the emergency department after receiving care.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (48th percentile) – This low measurement reveals the overall patient experience in every department in the facility.
Genesis Medical Center-Silvis currently holds three state designations that include:
- Perinatal II – The state designation means that the facility is a part of the Illinois Regionalized Perinatal System that was developed as an effective tool for improving perinatal outcomes to childbearing women and their fetus/newborn. As a level II facility, the hospital is required to provide a level of care to childbearing women during labor and delivery and provide a selective level of care to at-risk newborns. While the facility does not have a special care unit or neonatal intensive care nursery, they do offer additional services and access to nearby facilities.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – the EDAP designation means that the facility participates in the Illinois Emergency Medical System and provides the highest level of around-the-clock emergent care to pediatric patients. To do this, the facility ensures of the staff his specially trained and highly qualified in pediatric critical emergency care. In addition, they make available all the essential pediatric medications, supplies and equipment to handle all child-related emergency problems. The facility also follows established protocols for treating critically ill, abused and injured children.
- Trauma Center Level II – The level II Trauma Center designation means at the facility must provide essential emergent services 24 hours a day in-house and make other services readily available within one hour or less. The facility’s Medical Director also serves as the hospital’s Trauma Surgeon and provides various specialty services including emergency medicine, sub-specialty surgical care, intensive care, and anesthesiology.
Patient Safety Concerns and Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors publicly available data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) involving patient safety concerns and bloodstream infection rate. For this facility, those rates in 2015 involved:
- Clostridium Difficile Infection Facility-Acquired Incident Rate – 7 infections out of 11,017 patient days.
- Postoperative Hematoma or Hemorrhage Rate – 13.97 per 1000 or 6 incidents involving 612 patients, which is more than three times the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
Silvis Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe your loved one suffered harm by medical malpractice while a patient at Genesis Medical Center - Silvis, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC now. Our Silvis attorneys can assist your family in successfully resolving your financial compensation claim against the medical center, doctors and/or nursing staff who caused your loved one harm. Let our legal team file all the necessary paperwork in the appropriate court. In Rock Island County, the contact information for the Circuit Court Clerk is:
P.O. Box 5230
Rock Island, Illinois 61201
Circuit Court Clerk Tammy Weikert
Contact our Rock Island medical malpractice law firm now at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your free comprehensive, no-obligation case consultation with our attorneys. No upfront payments are necessary because our law firm accepts all medical malpractice claims through contingency fee agreements. Our legal fees are paid once we have negotiated your out-of-court settlement or won your case in front of a judge and jury.