Galesburg Cottage Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Galesburg Cottage Hospital is a 173-bed “not for profit” medical facility providing services and cares for residents of Galesburg and Knox County, Illinois. The Center is located at:
695 North Kellogg Street
Galesburg, IL 61402
In addition to providing emergency medical care to the community, the facility also offers other services that include:
- Cardiac care
- Bariatric weight loss services
- Intensive care
- Diagnostic imaging
- Maternity services
- Rehabilitation services
- Pain management
- Respiratory and pulmonary health care
- Transitional care
- Surgical services
- Stroke services
- Sleep disorder care
- Orthopedic care
- Wound care
In comparison to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the US, Galesburg Cottage Hospital maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 55th percentile. According to Analytics MD, the facility’s areas of strength include physician communication with patients. The calculated ranking involves publicly available information including inpatient cost efficiency, nursing staff training and education, patient flow, patient satisfaction and reported complications. Low scores often indicate a high percentage of medical mistakes and errors that are happening at the hospital.
The quality of service provided by the facility’s Emergency Department is crucial to the care of the community. The measurable level of care provided at Galesburg Cottage Hospital includes:
- Incoming Patient Flow (56th percentile) --The measurement of care efficiency involving patient evaluations.
- Discharge Patient Flow (47th percentile) – The measurement of how the facility treats less sick patients.
- Admitted Patient Flow (40th percentile) – The measurement of how the facility treats sicker patients who must be admitted to the facility.
- Patient Frustration (52nd percentile) – The measurement of how often a patient leaves the emergency department frustrated.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (44th percentile) – The measurement of patient satisfaction out of every department in the hospital.
Illinois State Designations
Galesburg Cottage Hospital maintains three specific state designations that include:
- Perinatal II – This perinatal designation means that the facility is a part of the state’s Regionalized Perinatal System that was initially developed as an effective tool to improve perinatal outcomes of childbearing women and their fetus/newborn. The success of the program is based on early identification of at-risk complications and effective treatment to minimize potential risk factors. Because of the level II designation, the facility must provide a specific level of care to childbearing women and their newborns who are at risk of serious medical complications. However, the facility does not provide a neonatal intensive care nursery or special care unit.
- Trauma Center Level II – The Level II designation means that the facility is a part of the Illinois Trauma System where the Medical Director serves double duty as the facility’s Trauma Surgeon and offers emergency medical care, subspecialty surgical care, intensive care, radiology services and anesthesiology services. The Level II designation ensures that the community has 24-hour essential trauma care services and other ancillary services will be readily available in one hour or less.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – There only approximately 100 plus hospitals in the state of Illinois that are recognized by the Emergency Medical Services For Children (EMSC) program and the Illinois Department of Public Health for providing essential services and resources to injured or seriously ill pediatric patients who require critical or emergency care. The success of the program is due to the specially trained professionals who have a comprehensive understanding of pediatric critical and emergency care. These services must be provided to the community 24/7.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors facility-acquired incident rates involving highly contagious Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).” This data is collected through laboratory test results on patients who have stated the facility for four days or longer. The bloodstream infection rate is used as a summary measurement to determine if the rate is significantly different than the nation’s average. For the year 2017, the bloodstream infection rate for Galesburg Cottage Hospital involved:
- Facility-Acquired Incident Rates Involving Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) – 1 infection out of 6981 patient days.
- Facility-Acquired Incident Rate Involving Clostridium Difficile Infections (CDI) – 2 infections out of 6981 patient days. The Illinois Department of Public Health determined that this rate is not “statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.”
Sample Medical Malpractice Claims & Settlements Involving Galesburg Cottage Hospital
$1,275,000 Settlement; Illinois Hospital Malpractice Case
Here, a man brought a claim against a hospital after he was involved in an accident there. The facility was Galesburg Cottage. That is an Illinois hospital. He entered the facility to undergo an operation to have an artificial hip put into his body. He had a degenerative disease which required the operation. That procedure went smoothly. However, roughly one week after the operation, staff tried to move him to have x-rays done. In that process, they dropped him. He broke his pelvis. He also dislocated his new hip. This claim came about as a result of the mishap. It sought compensation for his damages including medical bills, pain, and suffering. In a private agreement, the man ended the dispute for a reported $1,275,000 settlement. That was paid by the hospital.
Galesburg Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you suspect your loved one suffered serious harm or premature death from medical malpractice while a patient at Galesburg Cottage Hospital, call the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC law offices now. Our skilled Illinois medical negligence attorneys can successfully resolve your victim case involving medical mistakes and hold those who caused your loved one harm financially accountable.
Our law firm will file all necessary documentation in the appropriate County Courthouse. In Knox County, the facility is located at:
200 S. Cherry St.
Galesburg, IL 61401
Circuit Court Clerk Kelly Cheesman
We encourage you to contact our Knox County medical malpractice law offices by calling (888) 424-5757 today to schedule your comprehensive compensation lawsuit evaluation at no charge to you. No upfront payment is necessary because we accept all hospital malpractice cases through contingency fee arrangements. This means all payments for our legal fees are made only after we have successfully resolved your case in front of a judge and jury or we have negotiated an out of court settlement on your behalf.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.