Funeral Negligence Lawyers
The loss of a loved one is difficult for a family, but many people find comfort and solace in the ability to honor and visit their lost loved ones one last time before saying goodbye. Funeral home negligence can leave disastrous marks on the psyche of family members whose last recollection of their loved ones will be negative and disheartening. The Chicago funeral negligence attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are committed to aggressively pursuing compensation on behalf of those who have been wronged by those who have promised to provide a dignified and respectable funeral suited to the family’s wishes.
Shocking Forms of Funeral Negligence
It is difficult to imagine that funeral home and medical facilities would take advantage of the recently departed the way that some have, and this is why those found guilty of such heinous acts should be held responsible and brought to justice. Following are some of the negligent actions our Chicago funeral home liability lawyers have encountered.
- Mishandling of remains. The improper storage or transport of a body can affect its appearance prior to burial, making it impossible for family members to see their loved ones one last time before burial. The mishandling of remains can include dropping the body, placing multiple bodies into a single casket, failing to identify the body and mutilation of the corpse prior to visitation.
- Embalming errors. The embalming process is meant to preserve the body long enough for family members to see their loved one as he or she was during his or her life. Errors can result in early decomposition or disfigurement, forcing families to have closed casket visitations.
- Cremation errors. Each deceased person or family has different views on how the loved one’s remains should be handled. If cremation is desired, it is important for funeral homes to ensure that cremated remains are not combined with other bodies, the correct remains are presented to the family and the right person is cremated. Sometimes, funeral directors may cremate a body without permission in order to cover up a different form of negligence. All of these acts show a blatant lack of respect for the deceased and his or her family.
- Theft and fraud. From stealing the deceased’s property to overcharging for services or selling caskets that have been used in prior funerals, there are many forms of fraud that occur within funeral homes. The burial of a loved one is an expensive affair and it is wrong for funeral homes to prey on the grieving by not providing every service they agreed to or by robbing the dead.
- Cemetery negligence. It is the responsibility of the funeral home and cemetery to make sure that the dead are given a proper burial and this includes respecting the family’s wishes post burial. Some funeral operators and cemeteries have been found guilty of burying multiple bodies in the same plot, moving bodies without the permission of the deceased’s family’s permission or failing to provide upkeep.
Let Us Find Justice on Your Behalf Following the Negligent Handling of Your Loved One's Remains
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is an award-winning personal injury law firm that is dedicated to holding wrongdoers accountable for their egregious actions. If your family has suffered due to the actions of a negligent funeral home, our Chicago funeral home negligence attorneys can help you find the justice that you deserve. Contact us today to arrange a free consultation so that we can gather the information we need to get to work on your behalf, let you know more about your legal options and answer any questions you have about the legal process. We will never accept compensation unless we are able to recover the damages your family is entitled to on your behalf.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.