Franciscan St. James Health – Chicago Heights
Franciscan St. James Health – Chicago Heights is a 312 bed hospital located in Cook County, Illinois at:1423 Chicago RdChicago Heights IL 60461(708) 747-4000
Franciscan St. James Health – Chicago Heights has the following designations:
- Perinatal II +
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health other agencies, Franciscan St. James Health – Chicago Heights reported the following medical errors which may be of concern to patients and their families.
Health Care-Associated Infections
- Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Adult Medical/Surgical ICU (1/1/11 to 12/31/11) with 4 reported infections for 1544 central-line days
- Surgical Site Infections Associated with Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (7/1/10 to 6/30/11) 1 infections out of 127 procedures
- Surgical Site Infections Associated with total Knee Replacement Surgery (7/1/10 to 6/30/11) 1 infection from 140 procedures
- Unexpected Deaths (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 2 out of 2,540 patients
- Risk-adjusted Postoperative lung embolism or deep vein thrombosis (clotting) (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 12 out of 1,861 patients
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 14 out of 9,773 patients
- Latrogenic Pneumothorax (health care-associated collapsed lung 3 out of 9,546 patients
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 3 out of 1,860 patients
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 12 out of 773 patients
Maternal Safety and Utilization
- Birth Trauma (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 3 out of 1,305 patients
- Obstetric Trauma – Vaginal With Instrument (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 10 out of 64 patients
- Obstetric Trauma – Vaginal Without Instrument (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 14 out of 885 patients
If you or your child was harmed during an admission to Franciscan St. james Health – Chicago Heights, it may have been related to medical negligence. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is committed to protecting the public from medical errors in all settings. Contact our attorneys todays to discuss your case. All consultations are free and confidential.
Learn more about our Will County medical malpractice cases here.