Yes, we have compiled the following documents to better serve you for a potential FELA case:
Railroad Workplace Incident Checklist
If you get hurt on the job as a railroad or common carrier employee, you need to move swiftly to protect yourself and your future compensation. The clock is ticking (to learn how long you have to file a case for railroad employee injuries, read our article: FELA CASE TIME LIMITS). There are any number of things you need to gather, investigate, ask for, perform, and research in order to present a successful case in a court of law.
Below we present you with a list of some of the most important actions you must take to preserve your right to redress. Naturally, there will be others but this is a good start. To understand why these are important to learn what else you should be doing, give us a call today! We can explain to you the various steps and stages your lawsuit will take and instruct you on the best court of action!
- As soon as safely possible after the railroad injury, contact an attorney.
- Detail all of your immediate injuries, symptoms, long-term pains, and any changes in kind/quality of life since the railroad incident.
- Make a list of all of your recollections of the injury including how it started, who was there, where it occurred, what the weather was like, etc.
- Note the identities and locations of all people present at the time of the incident.
- Complete a detailed log of your work history and list the number of work days you missed and investment opportunities you lost due to the accident.
- If the railroad incident involved any equipment or tools, list them and try and note their model/make number.
- Log your medical expenses and experiences including ambulance trips, ER visits, doctors’ examinations/consultations, rehab care, medications, and any devices.
- Make a list of all of your co-workers, managers, and supervisors.
- Do not speak to your boss or co-workers about the incident.
- Do not speak to any representatives of other people or parties about the incident.
- Do not speak to any retailers, distributors, or manufacturers of products involved in your railroad incident.
Make Sure You Have Everything You Need For Your Fela Case
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC wants to ensure that you have all the tools to turn your railroad injuries into an effective legal claim. Also, we can stand side-by-side with you in court so that you have an experienced attorney representing your rights. Your suit requires great care and attention. We can deliver all of that and more. Contact our offices to see what recovery might be in store for you.
For additional information see the following pages:
- How Can Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers Help Me in My FELA Case?
- How Much Have Other Plaintiffs Recovered in FELA Cases?
- How Much Time do I Have to File a FELA Case?
- What Are The Facts on FELA Cases?
- What Are The Most Common FELA Injuries?
- FELA Laws
- What Can I Recover For in a FELA Case?
- What Is a FELA Case?