The Evanston slip and fall accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers work diligently to hold negligent property owners and employers accountable when they fail to meet their duty of care to those who occupy or visit their properties, or who work under their supervision. These types of accidents can result in some of the more serious injuries we encounter, especially when falls from considerable heights are involved. It is our goal to ensure that every victim has access to the compensation needed to help him or her afford the cost of medical care, long term rehabilitation and any lost wages.How Slip and Fall Accidents Happen in Evanston
A slip and fall accident and hit you completely out of the blue and change your life forever afterward. The physical and emotional pain that can follow are unwarranted, considering the fact that it is the duty of property managers to make sure that guests have access to a safe environment. Here are some of the causes of these tragic accidents.
- Inclement or wintry weather— it is an expectation that property owners in Illinois be prepared for all kinds of hazardous weather, including snow, sleet and freezing temperatures. In order to protect tenants and guests, parking lots must be cleared, walkways shoveled and interior floors kept dry.
- Defective staircases— it is important that staircases are regularly inspected to make sure that they are free from hazards, such as loose steps, poor lighting and objects that may cause a fall. When someone is injured because of a poorly maintained staircase, the property owner may be held liable.
- Poor lighting— providing adequate lighting is essential to guaranteeing the safety of others, as it allows people to see potential trip or slip hazards. Poorly lit entrances, exits, hallways and staircases make it possible for people to fail to notice a wet floor, patch of ice or object that is in their walking path.
- Defective balconies— a balcony collapse can be tragic and it is completely preventable when property managers make sure that balconies adhere to current building codes and are equipped with proper guardrails to keep people from falling over the side.
- Poorly maintained walkways and parking lots— potholes, uneven pavement and other common hazards that arise from poorly maintained parking lots and sidewalks can be contributors to an accident.
- Failure to warn of hazards— wet floors, open elevator shafts and maintenance work that could place people at risk are all hazards that people need to be aware of so they can avoid the risk. Failure to warn of these risks is irresponsible and property owners can be held liable.
- Workplace accidents— some work environments are filled with hazards, increasing the chance that workers will be injured. When proper safety measures are not taken, an employer can be considered responsible when a worker is involved in an accident.
There are numerous types of injuries that can result from a slip or fall, from very minor bumps and bruises to life changing trauma to the brain, spine or back. Following are some of the different injuries we encounter when we represent the victims of premises liability accidents or workplace negligence.
- Broken bones— whether falling from a great height or simply tripping and falling to the ground, it is possible for victims to suffer serious fractures that can sideline them for months while adding the financial burden of paying for expensive corrective procedures.
- Traumatic brain injuries— these injuries can go unnoticed for some time because they are often asymptomatic until the damage has been done and it is too late. Complications can include cognitive impairment, neurological disorders and the loss of coordination.
- Nerve damage— those suffering from nerve damage following an accident may lose sensation in the affected limb, lose motor function or experience tingling or shooting pain.
- Death— in the unfortunate event that a victim dies from his or her injuries, his or her family may seek compensation on the grounds of wrongful death if they can prove that the accident was the result of negligence on behalf of a property owner or employer.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is committed to providing top quality legal services to any and all who need them, which is why we will work tirelessly to see you recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Never will we require upfront legal fees and we guarantee results or you will never need to pay for our services. If you have been injured, we would like to invite you to arrange a free case review so that we can tell you more about your rights and options.
Contact us today to be connected with one of our award winning Evanston slip and fall attorneys so that we can get to work investigating your claim right away. Once we have all of the information we need, we will leave no stone unturned when exploring avenues to ensuring you recover the maximum amount of compensation possible.