The Evanston pedestrian accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC seek justice on behalf of those who have been seriously injured simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Negligent and distracted drivers are becoming responsible for an alarming number of accidents as the portability of technology continues to increase. The focus is no longer on driving safely, but on multitasking and getting to one’s destination in a hurry. Unfortunately, this results in a greater number of accidents, including those involving pedestrians who are unprotected and at risk of enduring tragic and life changing injuries.
Establishing Fault is Critical to Your Evanston Pedestrian Accident Case
In order to prosecute your claim, we must first be able to prove that the driver who hit you was at fault for the accident and liable for any damages that you suffered as a result. There are many ways that we can gather the evidence needed to do this and our resources and access to specialists in accident reconstruction allow us to dig this evidence up from places that you may not expect. Our strategies include the following.
- Looking over police reports to gather evidence from witness statements and other information collected by the officers at the scene of the accident. From here, we can contact witnesses to find out if they remember anything about the incident that they didn’t include in their initial statements.
- Reviewing video footage that we collect from nearby cameras. There are cameras now at many major intersections and a lot of businesses have closed circuit security cameras, so we may be able to access video of the accident occurring in real time that can let us know exactly what happened.
- Requesting 911 records so that we can review what the callers said at the time of the accident and compare it with later statements. This may help us determine which witnesses are most credible.
- Sending our expert team of accident reconstruction specialists to the scene of the accident to review the evidence and see if we can recreate the incident. The information we can gather here may help us determine the speed of the vehicle at the time of impact, whether the driver slowed down and other important factors that may affect who is ruled at fault.
- Accessing the driver’s phone records to determine whether he or she was talking or texting while driving. If this is the case, it makes the argument for distracted driving, making the driver liable for the victim’s injuries.
- Creating a three dimensional visual representation of the accident to show the jury. This recreation can show the jurors how events transpired in a simple manner that is easy to understand.
The Different Avenues We Have to Recover Compensation For Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
If we are able to prove that the driver is at fault for your accident, there are a number of ways we can recover the compensation you have the right to, which include working with insurance companies to share the liability where it is appropriate. Here are the different methods we may use to secure compensation on your behalf.
- Working with the driver’s insurance company— in some cases, we may be able to negotiate a settlement with the driver’s insurer, but this may not be enough to cover the full cost of your medical care and other expenses if those expenses exceed the driver’s coverage limits. Should this be the case, we may be forced to look at other options to ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Working with your own car insurance company— many policies now include coverage for underinsured motorists and this can be used to cover the gap in compensation between what the driver’s policy covers and the actual amount of damages.
- Filing a claim against your health insurance policy— your health insurance coverage should be able to pick up a lot of what we cannot recover from other sources and we have the ability to negotiate with multiple insurance companies to come to an agreement between all of the insurers on which companies will be responsible for what.
- Seeking compensation against the driver’s assets— in the event that the driver has assets that can be used to fulfill his or her liability, we may look at recovering those assets to ensure you have the compensation you need. This is normally a last resort option after we have exhausted all other avenues.
Put Our Proficient Evanston Pedestrian Accident Lawyers to Work for You
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help you recover all of the compensation you are entitled to for the cost of your medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, out of pocket expenses and more. We have helped thousands of clients just like you and guarantee our results— meaning you only pay for our services if and when we secure compensation on your behalf.
Contact us today to arrange your free case review with one of our award winning Evanston pedestrian accident attorneys so that we can collect the information we need to get to work on your behalf.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Aurora Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Champaign Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Elgin Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Joliet Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Naperville Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Peoria Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Rockford Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Springfield Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Waukegan Pedestrian Accident Lawyers