Evanston Car Accident Lawyer
Evanston car accident lawyers at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC know all too well that it takes just a moment to change the life of a car accident victim forever.
Nearly every year, the Illinois Department of Transportation deals with multiple serious accidents that cause severe injuries and fatalities to helpless victims traveling on the community's roadways.
Our legal team of injury lawyers has experience settling and litigating injury cases in Evanston, IL, to recover compensation for your damages.
Contact our Chicago car accident lawyers at (888) 424-5757 for a free consultation. Everything you share with our car accident lawyers is confidential under the attorney-client relationship.
Recent Fatal Auto Accidents on Evanston Streets
Severe accidents in Evanston are nothing new.
- A Wilmette woman faced charges concerning a litany of criminal offenses from an April 2014 driving rampage in Evanston. Her erratic behavior caused her vehicle to strike three other cars, a bicycle, and a scooter in violation of local laws. The 63-year-old motorist faced charges, including fleeing the scene and alluding local police. The initial hit-and-run accident occurred in the late hours of Sunday morning at Ridge Avenue and Church Street.
- Two years earlier, two people in the city died in serious car accidents, including one Evanston car accident at Crawford Avenue at Grant Street and another on Judson Avenue at Kedzie Street. The annual deaths had lowered slightly from the previous year when three fatal accidents occurred.
- In December 2014, a commercial truck driver working for UPS hit a pedestrian in Evanston just days before Christmas. The incident occurred when the victim was in a crosswalk on Ashland Avenue. Law enforcement officers cited the at-fault driver of the UPS delivery truck for failing to exercise reasonable care and provide a safe environment for the pedestrian. The victim, suffering severe personal injuries, was transported to Evanston Hospital on Ridge Avenue to treat her critical condition.
- In a hit-and-run incident in June 2015, two individuals suffered severe injuries after being hit by a vehicle at Brown Avenue and Emerson Street. One of the victims was a 15-year-old boy walking westbound in the crosswalk in broad daylight. EMT transported the boy to Evanston Hospital, where he received treatment for a severe injury to his hip.
Dangerous Evanston Intersections Involved in Auto Accidents
The most updated detailed list released by the Evanston Police Department outlines the city's dangerous intersections based on the number of Evanston car accident claims occurring at each location.
The three leading crossroads in the community intersect with Ridge Avenue at Church Street, Lake Street, and Emerson Street. Other hazardous junctions in Cook County include:
- Ridge and Davis
- Dempster and Dodge
- Asbury and Howard
- Asbury and Dempster
- Green Bay and Emerson
- Maine and Dodge
Local police indicate that the lanes on Ridge Road were narrower than surrounding roadways, which may be a leading factor in causing a car accident.
All these roads are highly traveled routes in the community where tens of thousands of vehicles use the streets daily, creating hazards for potential victims of negligence.
Common Causes of Evanston Car Accidents
Even though the City of Evanston is miles away from Interstate 94, it still has dangerous roadways throughout the community. The leading causes of accidents in smaller communities often involve:
- Distracted driving: It is the primary factor of most car accidents occurring in small communities. Distracted driving often includes inattention when the motorist consumes food, drinks beverages, sends a text message, or talks on their cell phone, usually leading to rear-end collisions.
- Speeding: Driving just ten or fifteen miles over the speed limit injures and kills many helpless victims yearly, likely because reaction time is minimized, and roadway designs often make it impossible to avoid a car crash.
- Drunk driving: Driving while intoxicated strips away the driver's ability to focus their attention while operating the vehicle.
- Reckless driving: Changing lanes too quickly, driving too fast, or tailgating can easily cause a car accident. Many motorists act recklessly or aggressively when impatient while driving in heavily congested traffic.
- Adverse weather conditions: Chicagoland's slick surfaces caused by rain, ice, and snow are a leading factor in many accidents in Evanston and Cook County. The slippery roadway can cause cars, motorcycles, trucks, and other vehicles to skid while braking or spin out of control.
- Running a red light: Red light runners injure and kill other motorists and passengers yearly. Most of these accidents involve severe side-impact collisions that cause serious injuries.
- Running a stop sign: Many rollover accidents result from a side-impact collision caused by a driver running a stop sign.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Most young motorists are inexperienced behind the wheel and are often unaware of how to react quickly when driving defensively.
If you are a car accident victim of a careless driver, it is critical to seek attention from a medical professional and legal representation immediately. Hiring an Evanston car accident lawyer can help prevent costly mistakes many injured victims make when negotiating with insurance companies to recover compensation.
Filing a Claim of Compensation for Injuries Related to an Evanston Car Accident
We assist the injured party in bringing car accident claims to seek compensation for:
Present and Future Medical Bills
Your past, present, and future medical expenses might be recovered by the car accident lawyer representing you. These medical charges could be for hospital stays, physical therapy, or anything related to the initial or ongoing care for an injury.
Your everyday life may have ended due to your vehicle accident, and you may be unable to work due to your injuries.
Our accident lawyers know your current stress levels due to mounting expenses and missing income. The focus is on obtaining the fair compensation you are entitled to from the insurance claim.
Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
Various injuries can be sustained in auto accidents. You could sustain soft tissue injuries and a stiff neck even after a minor car collision. Some of the more common injuries sustained in car accidents include:
- Neck injuries from whiplash
- Brain injuries caused by trauma
- Broken bones
- Internal blood loss
Our car accident lawyer will ensure that the insurance provider pays for your current medical expenditures and any further costs incurred due to continued care.
Emotional distress and mental anguish
Car accidents are traumatic events that can cause mental agony, emotional discomfort, and physical damage to the victim.
Through insurance claims, we strive to obtain the compensation that also pays for the expenses of your subsequent suffering, including despair and stress.
Loss of Enjoyment in Everyday Activities
A significant auto accident may result in an injured victim losing joy in their daily activities. An auto accident's catastrophic effects may severely impact the person, making them retreat from social connections and lose interest in activities they had previously enjoyed.
Loss of Companionship
A loss of consortium may occur if you were seriously hurt in a car accident. Loss of consortium, expressed simply, is the deprivation of the advantages of parenthood or married life brought on by the incapacity to express love or affection.
We also assist our clients in bringing wrongful death lawsuits against negligent drivers to bring closure for the loss of loved family members and secure their families’ futures.
How Can an Evanston Personal Injury Lawyer Help Your Case
- Investigating Claims: They take great care in selecting prospective clients and assessing the merits to review if they have a valid claim because they frequently finance litigation and advance any legal fees. A car accident lawyer won't want to take on a case they don't think will be successful for their client. Therefore, they will conduct a thorough investigation before filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Gathering Evidence: Evidence for an injury claim may be gathered by the plaintiff, such as:
- Locating witnesses and obtaining witness testimony.
- Obtaining any police or the incident report that may be required
- Taking photos of the accident report
- Keep a record of any evidence for the case, including photographs, video, or other kinds of evidence such as property damage.
- Reach a settlement with the insurance company: Insurance companies frequently try to settle outside of a courtroom because they don't want the attention that comes with litigating their civil claim. Working with an Evanston car accident lawyer experienced in settling cases could increase your chances of receiving fair and full compensation.
- Send demand letters: After carefully reviewing the matter, an Evanston car accident lawyer may write an insurance company a letter of demand outlining the accident's specifics and requesting a specific sum for financial recovery for the harm the defendant caused, even if their client is only partially responsible.
- Preparing pleadings: The Evanston car accident lawyer may draft a complaint against the defendant if the insurance company declines to make a reasonable settlement offer. The legal justifications for why the defendant is accountable for the accident are laid out in the complaint, and the dollar amount of the client's requested damages.
- Conducting discovery: The attorney for the plaintiff may start the discovery process. This includes contacting the defendant through interrogatories to request specific information. Deposition parties, witnesses, and experts may also be involved.
- Representing clients at trial: In the event that the matter goes to trial, an attorney specializing in personal injury law and trial represents the client in court. They can ensure that these measures are meticulously followed because they know court customs and procedures.
Hiring an Evanston Car Accident Attorney Can Help You Recover Maximum Compensation for Your Injuries
Your attorney can assess and evaluate the evidence in your case to determine if negligence caused the accident. The lawyer can file a claim against every party at fault and provide legal advice in a free consultation.
Having a motor vehicle accident lawyer on your side is crucial because it is the victim's responsibility to link how another's negligence or intentional act caused them direct harm.
The burden of proof involves showing how another did not act reasonably and that their failure caused injuries, damages, or other losses.
Contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC at (888) 424-5757 to set up a free legal consultation. We have years of experience handling Evanston motor vehicle accidents with injuries.
We accept Evanston car accident cases involving injuries and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis.
We provide legal assistance through a no-obligation free initial consultation to help you determine the best possible legal ways to proceed to obtain the monetary compensation you deserve.