If you have suffered an injury by the negligent actions of another, you likely filed a claim for compensation. Likely the claims adjuster has already offered you a quick cash settlement to pay your immediate medical expenses. But wait before you agree to accept their offer. The insurance industry provides coverage in exchange for profits, which they generate by offering low settlement amounts to victims who are handling their cases without legal representation.
The attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent many clients who have hired our legal experts after they find out their medical bills and lost wages are much higher than the amount of money the adjuster is offering. So exactly how do you know that you are getting the amount of compensation you are rightfully owed? What can you do to force the insurance company to pay you enough compensation to cover your medical bills, the damage to your vehicle and your lost wages because you are unable to work?
Do I Need an Attorney?
You might believe the getting compensation requires nothing more than filling out paperwork. However, securing the amount of financial compensation you deserve requires much more work. Our attorneys recommend that our clients seek out the best medical care to accurately diagnose their condition and injuries. Obtaining the medical care they need ensures that our clients receive a fair amount of compensation to cover their current and future medical needs.
Also, we use our in-house investigators to gather evidence, speak to eyewitnesses, review medical records, speak to our client’s doctors, analyze police-generated accident reports and talk with the law firm representing the defendant and their insurance carrier. Because we specialize in personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases, our attorneys have years of experience in Illinois civil tort law and have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
What do I say if the Insurance Company Calls me?
You may receive a call from the insurance company offering you a financial settlement. The attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC recommend that you not speak with any insurance representative. If you have yet to secure legal representation, it’s important to choose a lawyer now. While on the phone, tell the representative you are currently in the process of hiring a lawyer and will have the attorney’s law firm returned the call.
We recommend never discussing any circumstance associated with the accident to the insurance representative or any other individual except your lawyer. Do not feel pressured to carry on a conversation. Remember that anything you discuss can be used to diminish your claim for compensation, even if you believe what you say supports your case.
What is my Case Worth?
Each case is unique, and there is no accurate measurement to determine an exact amount of compensation you might receive. However, we can evaluate your long-term and short-term medical expenses, missed wages, the lost capacity to earn wages in the future, emotional anguish, pain-and-suffering. If the actions of the defendant were egregious, you might be entitled to receive punitive damages given by a trial jury to effectively punish the defendant in the hopes that their actions are never repeated.
Valuating a case requires proven methods and years of experience in handling simple to complex cases. Our law firm uses this process before we send a demand letter to the defendant and their insurance carrier seeking a financial compensation amount to ensure you have adequate monetary recompense to cover all of your damages.
About Englewood Illinois
In the early 1800s, the landmass now recognized as the Englewood neighborhood was mostly swampland that was home to the Algonquin-speaking Mascouten Native American tribe. By 1839, Chicago planners and developers claimed the land stating that it was habitable. Economic prosperity hit the area just before the Civil War that lasted until 1871 when the Great Chicago Fire destroyed the city. It was during this time that many more individuals moved out to the Englewood area in search of undeveloped suburban land to build their families a new home.
Before the turn of the millennia, the Chicago Mayor announced a multimillion-dollar revitalization plan for the area involving raising the old Englewood shopping center to make way for the Kennedy-King College. Today, the neighborhood residents have access to downtown Chicago on the Dan Ryan Expressway and the Chicago Transit Authority Green and Red Line.
The community is also recognized for its educational opportunities including those operated by Chicago Public Schools system. These educational centers include elementary schools in Harvard, Hinton, Yale, Parker, Benneker, Woods, Holmes, Dewey, Nicholson, and Sherwood. Other schools in Englewood include Paul Robeson High School, Hope High School, Johnson College Preparatory School, and Dyett High School.
Englewood Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 6 Alderman Roderick Sawyer
700 E. 79th Street
Washington Park Chamber of Commerce
5720 S. Indiana Ave
Chicago, IL 60637
Logan Square Chamber of Commerce
3107 W Logan Blvd
Chicago, IL 60647
Chamber of Commerce
11302 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60628
Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
855 W Adams St., Suite 100
Chicago, IL 60607
815 W. 63rd Street
Chicago, IL 60621
Chatham Business Association
806 E. 78th St.
Chicago, IL 60619
Continental Africa Chamber of Commerce
2929 S. Wabash Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
Metropolitan Family Services
One North Dearborn, Suite 1000
Chicago, IL 60602
World Trade Council
1257 S Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60607
1436 West Randolph Street, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60607
Resident Association of Greater Englewood
6623 S. Union Ave.
Chicago, IL 60621
6921 S. Halsted Street
Chicago, IL 60621
I Want to Hire Your Law Firm
Great. Your first step to hiring legal representation requires speaking with our attorneys through a scheduled free, no-obligation consultation. Call (888) 424-5757 or fill in the online intake form now. During our discussion, our attorneys will ask questions about the events of the accident including how and where it occurred and what all the participants did following the accident. After you answer our questions, we will evaluate the merits of your case and provide legal options on how to proceed.
As your legal representative, we will begin the process of building your case, speaking with the insurance company or their attorneys to inform them that they will be receiving a demand letter for compensation very soon. At this point, we handle every part of your case, so there is no need for you to have any future contact with the insurance company or the defendant.
At some point, the insurance company will attempt to negotiate an out-of-court settlement to avoid going to court and paying the expenses of putting on a trial in front of a judge and jury. The amount of time it takes to settle or win a case at trial depends on the complexity of your claim and the extent of your injuries.
Fortunately, our attorneys work on contingency. This arrangement postpones payment of our fees until after we have successfully resolved your case and obtain financial recompense on your behalf.
- Andersonville Illinois Neighborhood
- Austin Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Boystown Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Bridgeport Neighborhood Area
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Bucktown Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Chinatown Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Gold Coast Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Grant Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Residents of Humboldt Park Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to Hyde Park Illinois Residents
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Lincoln Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln Square Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Little Italy Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Logan Square Neighborhood
- Chicago Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Magnificent Mile Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Millennium Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Near North Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to The Near West Neighborhood
- Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Old Town Neighborhood
- Pilsen Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Portage Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pullman Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving River North Neighborhood
- Riverdale Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Roseland Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Rogers Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Law Firm Serving South Shore Neighborhood
- Ukrainian Village Personal Injury Attorneys
- South Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Office
- West Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wicker Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Wrigleyville Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys