Attorneys for Patients Mistreated at Emeritus at Prospect Heights
Emeritus at Prospect Heights is a 30 bed nursing home located in Cook County, Illinois at:
Emeritus at Prospect Heights
700 East Euclid Avenue
Prospect Heights, IL 60070
According to state nursing home data, the patients at Emeritus at Prospect Heights are primarily admitted for the care relating to the following areas:
- Circulatory System
- Blood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Genitourinary System Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Musculo-Skeletal Disorders
- Nervous System
- Other Medical Conditions
Concerning Findings Regarding Patient Care at Emeritus at Prospect Heights
A nursing home survey carried out by private health inspection firms and the State Department of Health, discovered poor patient care, inadequate patient supervision and cases of abuse which can be construed as patient negligence. The nursing home lawyers of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC reviewed the findings of ProPublica—a private health survey firm—and discovered the following:
- Failure to follow physician’s order: “During initial tour on March 20, 2012 at 9:50 am, E2- Director of Nursing (DON) identified R10 as a resident that uses oxygen on an as needed basis. The Physician order [REDACTED].O.S) dated February 9, 2012 documented that R10’s oxygen 2.5 liters by nasal cannula should be in use continuously. R10 was observed from 10 AM until 12:45 AM on March 20, 2012, and was not wearing the oxygen nasal cannula during that time.
On March 20, 2012 at 11:00 am, E10 (Resident Assessment Coordinator) stated that R10 is now on continuous oxygen because her oxygen saturation has been low.”
- Failure to dispose of medications of discharged patients: “During observation of Skilled Unit Medication Room on 4/21/11 at 11:05 AM, the following were found: R9’s Anucort 25 milligram (mgm) – 15 suppositories were still in the refrigerator. According to E9 (Staff Nurse) on 4/21/11 at 11:15 AM, the medications of discharged residents are either returned to the pharmacy or given to the Director of Nursing for proper disposal. E9 does not know when R9 was discharged from the facility.”
Prospect Heights, IL Nursing Home Attorneys
The Illinois Nursing Home Attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent families and individuals who have suffered an episode of abuse or neglect during an admission to a facility. Many of our nursing home lawsuits involve the following situations:
- Bed Sores / Pressure Pores
- Dropped Patients
- Medication Errors
- Repeated Falls
- Physical Abuse
- Patient Wandering
- Wrongful Death
Concerned about a loved one? Take the first step today.
Knowledge is power and knowing the legal actions to take against nursing home negligence is sure to empower you and the loved one involved, receive the justice he or she rightly deserve. Call (888) 424-5757 our experienced nursing home lawyers today for a free consultation to discuss your grievances. At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC we do not quit until your family receives the compensation they deserve.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.