Elgin owes much of its growth to its diverse economy, which has attracted major employers from multiple industries. Industrial work poses an elevated risk of harm to employees, and the Elgin workers compensation attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are dedicated to ensuring that workers are treated with the respect, dignity and fairness they deserve following a workplace accident. Seeking the counsel of an experienced workers comp attorney can ensure you will not be taken advantage of by your employer or its insurance company when filing your workers’ compensation claim or seeking damages on the grounds of negligence or the reckless actions of coworkers.
If you or a family member was injured on the job and are in need of an Elgin, IL workers compensation lawyer, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today for a free consultation.
Important Employers in the Elgin Area
Throughout its history, Elgin has become the home of some of the world’s most innovative companies due to its diverse approach to commerce and industry. Among its most notable companies is American NTN Bearing, which produces bearings used in automotive manufacturing and industrial applications. Colony Display Systems also calls Elgin home and is a leading manufacturer of the point-of-sale equipment used by some of the nation’s largest retailers. Dynacast USA creates zinc die castings used by manufacturers to create machinery, engines and other components and has also taken up residence in the area. Other notable manufacturers located here include Fisher Nuts, the Elgin Sweeper Company and the U.S Can Company.
Industrial work carries with it the risk of bodily harm and Illinois law protects workers by guaranteeing them benefits in the event they are injured. Unfortunately, some employers refuse to carry the insurance required to protect their workers in the event of an accident and insurance companies often use unethical tactics to avoid paying claims. Our Elgin workers comp lawyers work diligently to ensure that every one of our clients receives the benefits that the law affords them so that they can cover their expenses throughout their physical recovery.
Common Injuries Suffered on the Job by Workers in Elgin, IL
It isn’t uncommon for industrial workers to come home with the occasional bumps and bruises that are expected due to the nature of their work. More serious injuries that require time off and medical treatment qualify workers for benefits, even if the accident was their fault, so if you’ve been forced to take time off of work and needed to seek medical attention for your injuries, you have the right to seek compensation to cover your expenses. The most common injuries that our Elgin work accident lawyers encounter include the following.
- Trauma to the head— these injuries often result from being struck by a falling object, slipping and striking the head or being hit by a projectile due to a mechanical error. Whenever you have suffered a blow to the skull, it is important to seek medical care in order to rule out the possibility of traumatic brain injuries. TBIs are often asymptomatic at first and result in the development of neurological disorders in the weeks or months following the injury.
- Broken or shattered bones— workers who have broken bones must not only endure the pain that accompanies the injury and subsequent recovery, but they are sidelined during their recovery period and unable to work. Needing to pay for expensive medical procedures while also being unable to make a living results in added stress on the individual and his or her family.
- Loss of digits or limbs— pinch point accidents are common in industrial settings and are the result of an employee getting a finger, hand, foot or other part of the body caught between two moving parts. These injuries can be difficult to move on from due to the emotional distress that accompanies the adjustment to a life with a permanent disability.
- Contact with hazardous materials— factories and production facilities often expose workers to toxic or hazardous materials. The impact of these materials on employees’ health over time may not be apparent until they have developed serious medical conditions. An example of this is the development of asbestosis or mesothelioma after prolonged exposure to asbestos.
Your Rights as a Worker Injured in Elgin, Illinois
Employers and the insurance companies that are responsible for paying workers’ compensation claims might attempt to take advantage of victims that are not fully aware of their rights. It is for this reason that 86% of workers now seek legal representation when filing claims. One of the greatest benefits our Elgin workers’ compensation attorneys provide is valuable information about your rights so that you can avoid agreeing to a settlement that is not in your best interests. Your rights include the following.
- The right to seek medical advice and treatment from any doctor. Insurance companies may threaten you if you try to see your own doctor because they want to limit their financial obligation by having you see doctors they have special pricing agreements with. You may see whoever you wish, however, and this includes specialists who can help speed your rehabilitation.
- The right to recover the full value of your past and future medical expenses. It can be difficult to place a value on medical care you have not received yet, which is why we rely on the assessment of actual medical experts who have treated similar injuries. This helps us ensure that you are able to collect compensation that is fair and will not leave you in financial distress.
- The right to continue collecting two-thirds of your wages throughout your recovery. If your injury has sidelined you permanently, you are also entitled to a lump sum settlement to cover the loss of income and opportunity caused by your inability to resume your duties.
- The right to seek compensation from a negligent employer or third party who has contributed to your injuries. We will investigate your claim in order to explore every avenue available to recover the compensation you deserve.
The Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission is responsible for arbitrating workers’ compensation disputes. Claims for workers in the Elgin area are heard at the hearing site located at the Elgin Community College. The address for this site is:
1700 Spartan Drive
Elgin, IL 60123
Have Your Elgin Workers Compensation Case Reviewed by a Lawyer for Free
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is the leading workers’ compensation law firm for the Elgin area because of our commitment to the wellbeing of each client. Our team includes a network of quality medical professionals that are able to provide the medical treatment and rehabilitative options you need to get better faster and experienced and knowledgeable attorneys who have a track record of success when handling similar cases. We are so sure that we can help you receive the care you deserve and maximize your financial recovery that we will never accept payment unless we secure damages on your behalf.
Contact us today to arrange a free case review with an Elgin workers compensation attorney who will evaluate the details of your case and review your legal options with you. If you are unable to meet with us at one of our offices, we will be happy to come to you.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Aurora Workers Compensation
- Champaign Workers Compensation
- Cicero Workers Compensation
- Decatur Workers Compensation
- Joliet Workers Compensation
- Naperville Workers Compensation
- Peoria Workers Compensation
- Rockford Workers Compensation
- Schaumburg Workers Compensation
- Springfield Workers Compensation
- Waukegan Workers Compensation