Elgin Pedestrian Accidents Attorneys
The Elgin pedestrian accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC work with the victims of tragic accidents and their families to recover the compensation that they need to be able to afford their medical care, recoup lost wages and continue to take care of their families despite life altering injuries. When such tragedy occurs needlessly at the hands of irresponsible drivers, it is important to make sure that the victims are able to be made as close to whole again as possible and to see that they have everything they need to be able to maintain the highest quality of living they can after their accidents.How We Determine Fault When Investigating an Elgin Pedestrian Accident
In order for us to be able to win your case in court, we first need to determine exactly what happened to cause your accident and who was at fault. If we are able to collect enough evidence that shows the driver was at fault, we can proceed with your claim and put together a case for a court to review. Some of the ways we can accomplish this goal include the following.
- Going over police reports to review evidence, witness statements and contact information so that we can interview witnesses and officers who were at the scene at a later time. This will allow us to decide where our investigation needs to head and whether we need to prove or disprove contradicting claims.
- Collecting video evidence from cameras in the surrounding area. There are cameras all around us in this age of modern technology and what is being recorded can be used to provide clear evidence on what may have occurred leading up to your accident.
- Reviewing 911 call records to help recreate the events in order as described by the callers. This can be used to dispute any testimony that conflicts with the true version of events and assist us in recreating the accident.
- Issuing a subpoena on the driver’s phone records so that we can determine if he or she was talking or texting before the accident. Driver distraction is an influencing factor in most accidents now and proving distraction can also prove liability.
- Relying on the expertise of accident reconstruction specialists to determine factors such as the speed the vehicle was moving at the time of the accident, whether the vehicle was slowing and whether any other factors were in play at the time of the incident.
- Creating a three dimensional model of the accident to present to a jury in the event that your case goes to trial that will accurately represent how things transpired in a manner that will be easy to understand and visualize.
After we have established fault, we can begin to determine how best to seek the compensation that you are entitled to receive. Much of this process will involve working with insurance companies, as they are the primary source of compensation for many of the cases we’ve worked on. Here are some of the avenues we will explore.
- Working with the driver’s insurance company— we will attempt to negotiate a settlement with the driver’s insurance while being prepared to take the matter to court if needed. This is sufficient in many car accidents, but the nature of pedestrian injuries may require more compensation for full rehabilitation or an adjustment to a life with impairments.
- Working with your own insurance companies— if we are unable to recover all of the compensation you need to cover your expenses through the driver’s insurance coverage, we can look to your own insurance policies. Your driver’s insurance may make up some of the difference while your health insurance covers even more of the gap.
- Filing a claim against the driver’s assets— in some cases, the driver may have assets that can be used to fulfill his or her liability. If all other avenues have been exhausted, we will look at recovering these assets in order to ensure you have the compensation you need to cover all of your losses.
If you have been injured, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help you secure the compensation that you are entitled to for the cost of medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering and more. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you as we have for thousands of clients just like you.
When you meet with one of our award winning Elgin pedestrian accident attorneys, you will be able to learn more about your legal rights and options while we gather all of the information we need to work diligently on your behalf. Should we be unable to secure compensation on your behalf, you are guaranteed that you will owe us absolutely nothing for our services.