Electrician Workers Compensation Injury Lawyer
Electricians are skilled tradesmen that work with the highly dangerous element of electricity, installing and repairing wiring and electrical systems. In 2010, there were over half a million electricians working in the U.S., most qualified to work as electricians through either formal apprenticeships or start by completing a course at a technical trade school.
Most states require some type of specialized license to work as an electrician and the industry growth outlook is higher than average for electricians over the next ten years. Illinois has one of the highest employment numbers for electricians, ranking 6th highest in the U.S.
If you or a family member was injured while working as an electrician, you are likely entitled to workers compensation benefits. Contact the workers compensation attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC for more information and a free review of your legal rights and options.
Unsafe Work Environments = Serious Injuries to Electricians
Electricians may be employed by a company or self-employed, working in a variety of industries. Over 350,000 of electricians work within the building contractor or construction industry installing and repairing electrical systems in residential homes. Other industries that employ a high number of electricians are commercial building construction, electrical power supply companies and government entities.
Electricians may be working in a variety of different environments, some which have high risks for injury. Since the majority of electricians work in the building contractor industry, they are at risk for many of the same dangers as roofers, construction workers and laborers. Electrocution in the 2nd highest killer in the construction industry, however electricians are also at risk for falls, being struck by objects and getting caught in or between objects.
Injuries From Electricity
Electricians are trained to understand and know the risks of working with electricity. However, the danger is always present and if an accident does occur, the results can be deadly. There are several injuries that can result from electrical shock.
- Electrical burns. Almost all electrical injuries will have an electrical burn where the electrical current comes in contact with the body. These can be surface burns with only skin or slight muscle damage or they can be enter and exit burn wounds that may be signs of more severe internal damage.
- Electrocution. High voltage electrical shock can cause serious damage to the internal organs in the body. The level of injury depends on the voltage, the areas affected and how soon the current leaves the body. Electrocution is often fatal, however, if the person survives they may have cardiovascular, nervous system or other internal damage.
The Electrical Safety Foundation International did a review on electrical injuries at the workplace over a five-year period, from 2003-2007. It found that 47% of the electrical workplace deaths in the construction trade were electricians. Of all workplace electrical non-fatal injuries, 4,100 happened in the construction industry. 42% of these injuries were electrical shock and the other 58% were electrical burns.
Contact An Electrician Workers Compensation & Injury Law Firm
Electricians who are injured on the job, either by electrical shock or any other hazard, need to have someone on their side to fight for their right to compensation. Trade accidents can be complex, with many different entities that may be liable when an accident occurs. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is an experienced work injury law firm that understands the intricacies of the construction and trade industries and can advise you on what your options are for financial compensation for your injuries. Call us today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.