In order to make a claim for injuries sustained in an Illinois motorcycle accident, you will need to provide evidence of your injuries. This is generally done by presenting medical records and bills as part of the settlement negotiation process.
If you have been injured at all, it is usually a good idea to see a doctor to ensure that there are not injuries that may be more serious. Some types of injuries, such as head trauma, back and neck injury and even whiplash may not fully show their symptoms for days, weeks and even longer. A thorough medical examination may uncover underlying injuries that you need to be aware of before trying to settle your accident claim.
Bear in mind that once you settle the injury portion of a motor vehicle accident case, you cannot have the case ‘reopened’ or ‘reevaluated’. You have one opportunity to either resolve your case with an insurance company or to present your case to a jury. Regardless of the outcome, it is important to recognize that the window of opportunity for recovery is brief and it is in your best interest to present the most favorable case possible--- and present the full extent of your injuries.
Do You Need Help Recovering Compensation for Injuries and Medical Expenses Related to an Illinois Motorcycle Accident?
If you have questions about your injuries or medical care related to an Illinois motorcycle accident, we invite you to contact our office for a free case evaluation. Our law office handles motorcycle crash cases on a contingency fee basis where there is never a fee charged unless there is a financial recovery for you.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Do I Have Any Recourse For Injuries Sustained In An Illinois Hit and Run?
- Do I Have To Answer The Insurance Adjuster?
- Do I Need An Attorney To Settle My Illinois Motorcycle Accident Case Or Should I Try To Do It Myself?
- How Much Will It Cost Me To Get A Lawyer To Represent Me In My Illinois Motorcycle Accident Case?
- I Was Found “At Fault” In The Police Report That Was Filed. Does This Mean I Do Not Have A Chance In Filing An Injury Motorcycle Accident Case?
- If I Am Not Able To Go Back To Work Right Away After My Chicago Motorcycle Accident, Will I Be Reimbursed For My Lost Income?
- Is There A Time Limit In Illinois on How Long After A Motorcycle Accident That A Lawsuit Can Be Filed?