Daycare Sexual Abuse Lawyer
Many families have no other option than to place their young child in a daycare facility to ensure they receive care while the parents are at work. Daycare centers and schools have legal and moral obligations to provide optimal care in a safe and compassionate setting.
Unfortunately, many times, staff members fail to meet the specific demands required in their job, leading to child abuse or neglect. The daycare sexual abuse attorneys at Rosenfeld injury lawyers LLC handle cases involving the sexual abuse of children.
If your child has suffered, contact us at (888) 424-5757 to speak with our legal team to discuss a compensation claim during a free consultation. Our experienced legal firm is here to listen to your horrific story and answer your questions on how to hold the daycare facility and workers financially and legally accountable.
Sex Abuse in Child Care Facilities
Sexual predators and pedophiles working in child care facilities have continuous access to young children. The number of daycare abuse cases have risen dramatically in the last few decades as the need for their services has increased.
While the facility must ensure that any working staff member has appropriate licensing, many care centers fail to complete background checks and verify licensing requirements.
Many facilities compromise the child's care, safety, and well-being in numerous ways, including ensuring it has enough staff members on hand to meet each child’s needs.
Some facilities failed to adequately supervise the staff, creating an atmosphere where a child can be easily isolated away from the group to benefit a predator.
Identifying Sexual Abuse
It can be challenging for families to identify when a predator has sexually abused their child at a child care center. In many incidents, the child becomes anxious and cries what it is time to go to the daycare facility.
Often, the potential indicators of alleged child care abuse involve:
- Children acting frightened, scared, or terrified when around a caregiver
- Sudden displays of unexpected behavioral changes or their performance while at daycare centers
- Unexpected bruising or bleeding around the genitals and anus
Common Daycare Sexual Abuse FAQs
My Child May Have Been Sexually Abused. What Do I Do Now?
If you suspect that your young child has been sexually molested or abuse, it is crucial to take the following steps:
- Have your child physically examined by a competent pediatrician trained to spot the common indicators of sexual abuse who can document medical proof
- Report the incident at the daycare facility to Child Protective Services and contact the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at (800) 799-SAFE (7233) that will initiate a state investigation
- Contact local law enforcement to file a police report and start an investigation
- Get in touch with mental health experts including those specializing in psychology and psychiatry to help the child, if necessary
- Talk to an abuse lawyer today
Call our competent daycare centers' abuse lawyers about the sexual assault case. The daycare sexual abuse lawyer will notify all proper channels and initiate action to hold the facility responsible for the horrific event
How Do You Spot Daycare Abuse?
Spotting the signs of physical abuse on your child from harm that occurred at the daycare center might be challenging. An alleged victim of sexual abuse may even be more challenging to identify.
The common signs of sexual abuse and physical abuse in a daycare center include:
- Sleep disturbances common nighttime panic attacks, and nightmares
- Unexpected aggressive behavior around the child’s pets or siblings
- Reluctance or unwillingness to go to the child care center
- New signs of withdrawal or shyness
- Signs of fearfulness or clinginess
- Unexplained injuries including bruises and bleeding around the anus or genitals
- Unusual fearfulness or anxiety
- Angry or aggressive behavior
What is Considered Negligence in a Daycare Center?
The facility is financially responsible to ensure your child's protection while providing care in a compassionate setting. However, the center could be held financially responsible for any neglect that resulted in the child’s physical, mental, or emotional harm.
Common signs of negligent behavior that harms children include failing to:
- Ensure an adequately trained teacher or assistant supervises the children properly
- Provide children with a safe environment
- Screen employees by performing background checks and licensing verification
- Protect the young loved one from any accident involving equipment of choice
- Supervise other children to avoid biting, hitting, kicking, or roughhousing
- Protect the young person from physical injuries including cuts, bruises,
- bumps, and fractures
How Do Daycare Centers Affect a Child’s Development?
Social workers have identified a significant improvement in the child’s cognitive and social development when participating in daycare center-based caregiving that includes:
- Improved language and cognitive development
- Heightened pre-academic skills involving letters, numbers, and communication
- Fewer behavioral problems among toddlers
- More behavioral issues involving aggression and disobedience in older
How Do You Know If Your Child Is Traumatized?
Family suspect a little one has been sexually assaulted can be a horrific experience. While the traumatic event may be difficult for families and victims to accept, it is crucial to act quickly on any suspicions you have.
Take your child to a competent pediatrician immediately to document any physical injuries. If sexual abuse can be verified, file a police report to initiate an investigation. Law enforcement will press criminal charges if necessary.
Parents should never dismiss any complaint that their abused child makes involving what may or may not have occurred. Your sexually abused children may be limited in their communication abilities and styles and not have the words to explain what occurred with the daycare worker.
Both parents should encourage their little one to speak openly about what is bothering them and ask questions to get additional information to ensure you understand what happened. Recognize that there are multiple forms of child sex abuse that can occur at the same time.
Speak with an experienced law firm that can capture the children’s testimony that may be used to hold the daycare center abusers criminally accountable for the alleged sexual abuse.
Many state courts allow closed-circuit or videotape testimony for young abused children to avoid additional traumatization to avoid facing the alleged predator.
Even the words of a very young child victim of sexual molestation may be able to help build a solid civil case against their abuser to avoid an acquittal and ensure justice is served.
The McMartin Preschool Trial
Nearly four decades ago, the Los Angeles District Attorney prosecuted the McMartin preschool trial, holding the Manhattan Beach, CA, McMartin family members responsible for repeated acts of sexual assault of the center’s children.
The first allegations of sexual misconduct from the daycare victims arose in 1983 concerning a two-year-old boy. Over the next few years, numerous daycare center employees were arrested on sexual abuse charges and placed on trial by the end of the decade.
In the end, the seven-year expense of felony trial ended any convictions, due in part to the high-priced defense attorneys. Eventually, the state dropped the child abuse charges in the McMartin preschool case.
To this day, the case remains the most expensive criminal trial ever held in the United States. The initial complaint was made in 1983, where local law enforcement suspected Ray Buckey, a teacher at the school, of molestation allegations. However, after questioning, Buckey was never prosecuted in California due to a lack of evidence and the case was dropped.
Hold the Child Care Center Responsible for Your Child Sexual Assault. Contact the Child Care Personal Injury AttorneyToday for a Free Consultation
Do you suspect that your young child was sexually assaulted at a childcare facility? If so, call us today at (888) 424-5757 or email us at email@example.com. If your child has suffered, the sexual assault attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today can conduct a free consultation to determine the merits of your case.
Take the time to call or email us now and tell us what happened for immediate legal help. Time is of the essence. All necessary daycare injury documents and paperwork must be filed by a competent lawyer in the appropriate county courthouse before the state statute of limitations expires.
After your free consultation, your experienced abuse lawyer can begin working on your case to recoup your medical bills and therapy costs.
Currently, our daycare child abuse lawyers follow the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines to ensure everyone’s protection during the time of Covid-19 (coronavirus).
Our law firm practice areas include cases involving sexual abuse, physical assault, car accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, premises liability, clergy abuse, and occupational injuries.