Cruise Ship Injury Lawyers
Cruises cost a lot of money and travelers expect services and treatment that is reflective of their investment and to have a carefree and relaxing experience when on vacation. Unfortunately, cruises are not always the pleasure that they are advertised to be and passengers may become ill, be victims of violence or suffer injuries due to the negligent behavior and actions of crew members. Cruise companies have gone to great efforts to protect themselves through legal loopholes and the fine print placed on their tickets, so it is important that you are represented by a qualified and experienced attorney who has a past record of success when pursuing damages following a cruise ship injury.
Causes of Cruise Ship Injuries
There are many things that can go awry during a cruise and most passengers are completely unaware of the many possible causes of harm that exist on a cruise boat and at port. These injuries include the following.
- Illnesses that result from the contamination of food or ship supplies. The confinement of many people on board a single ship makes it relatively easy for diseases to spread once an outbreak occurs, which makes it extremely important that each ship’s crew is diligent about sanitation, disease prevention and early detection of outbreaks. (See here for discussion of food poisoning)
- Slip, trip and fall accidents. There are numerous ways that a passenger can suffer a fall on a cruise ship. Wet or uneven surfaces account for the majority of slip, trip and fall cases, but obstacles placed in the path of travelers and the lack of warning signs may contribute as well.
- Physical or sexual assault by a crew member. Both criminal and civil charges can be filed in the event that a traveler should be the victim of physical or sexual assault. These injuries are simply inexcusable and it is the responsibility of cruise companies to screen their employees properly and take immediate action whenever a customer files a complaint or cites concern with an employee.
- Disappearance of passengers. On occasion, travelers may find that a loved one is unaccounted for and may have been abandoned at port or suffered some ill fate. Cruise companies are responsible for the wellbeing of passengers and accounting for all those who are on board.
- Influence of drugs or alcohol. Intoxicated crew members can cause accidents that result in injuries to themselves and passengers. When these incidents occur, the cruise company may be held liable for any harm that befalls a passenger while a crew member is under the influence.
Your Rights as a Consumer and Victim of an Injury on a Cruise Ship
Being injured, assaulted or contracting an illness due to tainted food or drink are not things that you signed up for when you purchased your cruise tickets. You have the right to be treated with respect and dignity, but foremost, to be able to recover compensation to pay for any expenses that you’ve incurred as a result of your injuries. Such expenses include medical bills, physical or emotional pain and suffering and the loss of income during recovery from your injuries. In some cases of extreme or willful negligence, you may even be entitled to punitive damages designed to send a strong message to the company that the cause of your injuries is purely unacceptable.
The Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are here to help you in your time of recovery as well as to answer the many questions that you have about your rights, legal options and your chances of winning your case. Contact us today to arrange a free consultation with an attorney who has experience handling cases similar to your own and who will review the details of the matter with you before performing a thorough investigation to determine which parties are liable, the value of your case and the best path to take going forward.
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means we will never require upfront payment for you or at any point throughout the process of litigating your case. We will only collect a fee when we have successfully negotiated a settlement on your behalf or secured a favorable judgment for you when taking the matter to trial.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.