Crawford Memorial Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Crawford Memorial Hospital is a 63-bed Government owned medical facility providing cares and services to residents of Robinson and Crawford County, Illinois. The Center is located at:
1000 N. Allen St.
Robinson, IL 62454
The facility offers various medical services that include:
- Laboratory services
- Infusion center
- Rehabilitation and therapy services
- Pain management
- Emergency services
- Diabetes education
- Diagnostic imaging
In a comparative analysis of all hospitals and medical centers throughout the United States, Crawford Memorial Hospital maintains an overall ranking “B” score, in the 50th percentile. According to Analytics MD, the areas of strength at the hospital include medical staff communication with patients.
The smooth flow of patient care through the emergency department ensures that everyone is seen quickly and treated appropriately. While Crawford Memorial Hospital ranks in the 60th percentile or higher for incoming patient flow, discharge patient flow and admitted patient flow, the level of frustrated patients leaving the emergency department ranks much lower in the 50th percentile.
Illinois State Designations
Crawford Memorial Hospital maintains threes specific state designations including:
- Perinatal I – The hospital participates in the Illinois regional perinatal system that was created to enhance perinatal outcomes of pregnant women and newborns. The system was created to reduce the incident rate of perinatal complications. The program incorporates sub-specialty medical professionals at facilities throughout Illinois that provide high-risk medical services.
The Level I perinatal hospital provides a superior level of care to women of childbearing age and their newborns at high risk for medical complications. While the facility does not offer neonatal intensive care or special care, they do offer intermediate levels of care and complex care to infants.
- Standby Emergency Department for Pediatrics (SEDP) – For nearly 20 years, hospitals throughout Illinois have been recognized by EMSC (Emergency Medical Services for Children and the IDPH (Illinois Department of Public Health) for providing essential resources to injured and seriously ill children to ensure their critical care and emergency needs are met.
The SEDP level of recognition is given to Crawford Memorial Hospital for participating in the Illinois emergency medical system by providing a high level of emergency care to children. In addition, the facility ensures the transfer mechanisms and agreements are in place when the child requires more definitive care.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The state of Illinois maintains accurate records using the Standardized Infection Ratio (SIR) to monitor bloodstream infections involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infections (CDI). The statistical measurement is used to determine if the rate of bloodstream infections occurring at the hospital are statistically the same, better or worse than the national average. For the year 2017, Crawford Memorial Hospital’s bloodstream infection rate involve:
- MRSA – zero infections out of 2927 patient days
- CDI – two infections out of 2548 patient days which is not significantly worse or better than the national average.
Patient Safety Concerns
Illinois monitors patient safety measurements of all hospital and medical center settings to determine the number of adverse events and in-hospital complications. Using a Report Card methodology and inpatient quality indicators from data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), specific patient safety concerns at the hospital for the year 2015 include:
- Accidental Laceration and Puncture – 4.6 per 1000 or 3 of 620 patients. The risk-adjusted rate for the hospital is significantly higher (more than three times) than the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hematoma or Hemorrhage – 9.29 per 1000 or 1 of 129 patients. The risk-adjusted rate for the hospital is significantly higher (almost double) than the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure – 9.47 per 1000 or 1 of 93 patients. The risk-adjusted rate for the hospital is only slightly higher than the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
Resolving a Medical Malpractice Compensation Claim
Receiving substandard care at an Illinois hospital can often result in filing a medical malpractice claim against the facility, medical staff, pharmaceutical distributor or a device manufacturer. However, personal injury cases involving medical errors, mistakes or malpractice are complex, and often require the skills of an experienced attorney. In addition to building the case, taking depositions, and reviewing medical records, the lawyer will file all the necessary paperwork in the appropriate court. In Crawford County, the location of the court is at:
Crawford County Circuit Court
P.O. Box 655
Robinson, IL 62454
County Clerk Angie Reinhold
Sample Medical Malpractice Claims & Settlements Against Crawford Memorial Hospital
Family Brings Claim after Man Dies Following ER Visit
Here, a patient died shortly after visiting Crawford Memorial Hospital. He entered the facility because he had a bad cough, congestion, and other problems. Staff identified several important symptoms such as tachycardia, lots of white blood cells, and pericarditis. However, instead of admitting him, they said he just had pneumonia and let him go home with some medication. They failed to diagnose him for sepsis. He came back the same day but did not last long. He died of sepsis and pneumonia. His children and wife survived him. They brought this claim against the medical center and staff involved. They allege that their negligence contributed to or caused his wrongful death. They are seeking compensation for the damages that resulted including grief, pain, expenses, and lost companionship.
Robinson Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe your loved one died prematurely or has suffered serious injuries while a patient at Crawford Memorial Hospital, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help stop the neglect now. Our Robinson medical malpractice attorneys have represented clients with cases involving mistreatment or neglect. Our law firm can assist your family in successfully resolving your financial recompense claim against every individual and entity that caused your damages.
Call our Crawford County medical malpractice law firm now at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your no-obligation comprehensive case consultation with our lawyers at no charge. We provide you and your family immediate legal representation without the need for an upfront payment. Our fees for services are paid only once we have one your case through a jury trial or negotiated an out of court settlement on your family’s behalf.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.