Chicago Condominium Accident & Injury Lawyers
It is the responsibility and duty of your condominium association to ensure that the premises remain safe of hazards and dangers for all residents and visitors. Homeowner and condominium associations are governed by state statute where the laws require property owners and managers to upkeep and maintain the condominium property.
The association can be held legally accountable for any negligent action that causes an accident, harm or injury to others. Many condominium accident claims involve serious injuries that occur because of:
- Negligent hiring of on-site workers, staff, contractors and subcontractors
- Elevator malfunctions
- Leaky pipes
- Exposed electricity and electrocution
- Falling or leaking ceilings
- Playground accident
- Missing or defective railing
- Uneven surfaces
- Exposure to toxic mold causing serious health problems
- Stairway falls
- Parking lot accident caused by slippery or oily surfaces
- Failing to follow national, state and local building codes
- Lack of maintenance
- Violations of state and city safety codes
- Defective decks
- Lack of security
- Sexual and physical assault
Slip and Fall Injuries at Condo Buildings
The most common type of condominium accident injuries involve slip and fall incidences where residents and visitors lose their footing on slick, oily, icy, wet or slippery surfaces. These types of accidents can occur in various locations throughout the condominium property including in doorways, cluttered hallways, ramps, or any unstable surface. Victims suffer a variety of injuries including severe head lacerations, brain trauma, spinal cord injury, broken bones, sprained wrists and ankles along with lower back injury and bruising.
If a visitor or resident of the condominium slips and falls on the premises and sustains mild to severe injuries, they likely have a cause of action to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the association. Their actionable cause can ensure they receive adequate compensation to cover a variety of their damages and losses including:
- Hospitalization and medical bills
- The cost of rehabilitation, physical therapy, medications and procedures
- Recompense for any lost income and the inability to earn a wage in the future
- Mental anguish, emotional trauma, pain and suffering
If the victim died as a result of a condominium accident, the surviving family members have the legal right to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Filing for Compensation for Injuries Against a Chicago Condo Association or Management Company
If you have suffered serious injuries as a result of a Chicago condominium accident, it is essential to seek out medical attention right away. Once under the care of a doctor, it is important to hire the skills of a reputable personal injury attorney who handles cases involving condominium accidents. This is important because these types of premises liability cases are complex.
A successful claim or lawsuit for compensation will require filing extensive paperwork, gathering evidence, speaking to eyewitnesses and building a solid case for recompense. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC will take all the legal steps necessary to ensure you are fully compensated for the injuries you suffer as a result of negligence on the part of the condominium association.
Our tenacious and aggressive legal team works on your behalf when negotiating an out-of-court settlement or taking your case to trial. Our law firm determines the value of your case and holds every liable party accountable to ensure your rights remain protected. The amount of recompense you can receive is determined by a variety of factors that include:
- The type and extent of the injuries you have suffered
- The permanency of your injury
- Whether any spinal cord damage or brain trauma is involved
- The amount of earnings you have lost as a result of the injury
- Whether punitive damages are available
- Any emotional trauma you experience including anxiety and post-traumatic stress
How We Operate When It Comes to Charging Legal Fees for an Injury at a Chicago Condominium
Our Chicago premises liability attorneys will handle every legal detail of your case to ensure you obtain the highest compensation possible to cover your losses and damages. We will take your case on contingency so no upfront fees are accepted or required. Our legal services are paid from your jury award or settlement from your condominium association insurance carrier.
We invite you to speak with our lawyers today regarding your claim for compensation by calling our law office at (888) 424-5757. Your no risk, no obligation consultation is free of charge. We can provide you a variety of legal options on how to start the process of obtaining compensation today.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.