Lawyers for People Injured in Accidents With Con-Way Transportation Trucks
As one of the largest freight transportation companies in North America, Con-Way Transportation has annual revenues in the billions of dollars. This leading Fortune 500 transport company offers LTL (less than a truckload) cargo shipping, full truckload delivery, logistics, supply chain management, and warehousing services to 500+ locations in 20 countries.
When it comes to collisions involving injuries related to a Con-Way Transportation truck accident, you can count on Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers to provide you with the representation you need in order to get the maximum financial recovery for your case. Our truck accident lawyers are committed to your success. Complete our on-line case information form for a free review of your case.Con-Way’s Large Commercial Truck Fleet
As of the end of February 2014, The company along with its five subsidiaries employ 5031 truckers driving 3592 commercial vehicles including semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers and commercial cargo vans. The enormous company fleet travels millions of miles across the nation’s highways every year. Unfortunately, truckers have been involved in 505 Con-Way Transportation truck accidents over the last 24 months, where the collisions caused 11 fatalities in 153 injuries.
In an effort to maintain roadway safety, routine inspections performed by the U.S. DOT and FMCSA (Federal Motors Carrier Safety Administration) have removed 280 trucks from the Con-Way Transportation fleet from service along with 35 drivers. This represents 7.8 percent of the total truck fleet as compared to a 20.72 percent national average. These numbers also represent 0.7 percent of the total number of Con-Way Transportation drivers that have been let go, compared to 5.51 percent of the national average.Causes of Serious Accident Behind Many Trucking Accident Cases
It is the responsibility of the trucking company and all of its drivers to provide basic responsibilities on the roadways, and in properly maintaining every vehicle. The driver must provide their full attention while on the road, and have years of experience and training in handling powerful, large vehicles. When trucking companies and/or the driver are negligent in their actions, catastrophic accidents involving serious injuries and death can happen. Numerous factors can cause a serious accident, including:
- Reckless or Negligent Driving – Truckers are often negligent or reckless in their actions when behind the wheel. Negligent actions can include improperly changing lanes/passing/turning, not using turn signals and failing to obey traffic laws/signs/lights.
- Driving at Excessive Speed – The number one cause of catastrophic accidents involving large commercial vehicles is driving at excessive speeds. Driving fast does not provide the trucker enough time to react to any situation including stopping in time.
- Driving While Tired or Fatigued – With tight delivery constraints and deadlines, drivers can easily become fatigued and tired behind the wheel, increasing the potential of causing serious accidents on the roadway.
- Impaired Driving – Intoxication and the use of drugs can cause impairment were truckers are unable to control the vehicle. This illegal, reckless action can cause catastrophic events with serious injuries and the potential of death.
- Equipment Malfunction – Defective parts including brake pads, tires and axles on the truck and/or trailer puts the driver and all other motorists and passengers on the road in harm’s way. If a fully loaded semi-truck weighing 70 to 80 tons cannot stop in time, due to defective truck parts, serious accidents can occur.
- Poor Roadway or Weather Conditions – Inexperienced truckers often make crucially bad driving decisions when driving under poor roadway and weather conditions, putting other motorists and passengers at risk of being involved in an accident.
Victims involved in a Con-Way Transportation truck accident often hire an attorney to file a claim for financial recompense. This is because serious injuries and fatalities often produce extensive medical bills, serious damage to the motorist’s vehicle, lost earnings, severe pain and ongoing suffering, along with mental and emotional anguish.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers at (888) 424-5757 represent victims of large vehicle accidents when filing a claim or lawsuit for compensation. The law firm offers its litigation and negotiation skills, and hires teams of investigators to gather evidence, speak to witnesses, re-create the scene of the accident, and develop effective strategies to win adequate compensation. The attorneys offer a free, no obligation evaluation of every large vehicle accident claim and provide legal counsel on the best way to proceed with the case to hold those legally responsible accountable for their actions. Contact us today!