If a nursing home does not follow strict protocols on controlling infections, and infectious disease outbreaks can easily go unrecognized until it becomes a catastrophic problem. This is because nursing homes create the ideal environment for acquiring and spreading infections, because residents share the same source of water, air, food and health care and often times crowded environment. Sadly, the East Peoria nursing home abuse attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have handled many cases were the health of residents were compromised by the spread of infection throughout the facility.
Our team of skilled attorneys provide numerous legal options to protect the rights, health and well-being of nursing home residents all throughout the state of Illinois. We post the most current data available on safety concerns, filed complaints and opened investigations at facility statewide. This information is invaluable when placing a loved one in a nursing facility who requires the best assistance in maintaining their health and hygiene.
Rosewood Care Center of East Peoria
Rosewood Care Center of East Peoria is an 86-bed long term skilled nursing facility providing medical services to residents of East Peoria and Tazewell County, Illinois. The facility is located at:
900 Centennial Dr.
East Peoria, IL 61611
The facility also provides long term care, respite care, wound care, hospice, and therapies including physical, speech and occupational therapy.
Nursing Facility Residents Safety Concerns
The federal government releases star rating summaries on every nursing facility in the United States every year. Currently, Rosewood Care Center of East Peoria maintains an overall four out of five star rating including three out of five stars for health inspections and four out of five stars for both staffing and quality measures.
However, the East Peoria nursing home neglect attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have found numerous opened investigations, filed complaints and safety concerns involving Rosewood Care Center of East Peoria that include:
- Failure to Provide a Safe Environment Free of the Spread of Infections:In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 07/07/2015, a complaint investigation was open against the facility noting a failure “to follow their policy for isolation precautions by placing a resident, not infected with Clostridium difficile (C-diff) in a room with a resident diagnosed with C-diff. These failures have the potential to affect one of five residents reviewed for infection control.” This is in response to a 5/2001 infection policy that follows the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that whenever possible “residents with (Clostridium difficile) (or suspected) infection will have a private room or share a room only was someone else who also has (Clostridium difficile).”In a different summary statement of deficiencies dated 11/20/2014 during an annual licensure and certification survey, it was noted that the facility “failed to follow its infection control policies and procedures. This failure has the potential to affect all 86 residents residing in the facility.” This is in response in part to an observation that the facility uses Neutral Floor Cleaner and every resident room and that it “does not kill Clostridium difficile (C-Diff) or Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA).”Additionally, during a 11/19/14 incident, a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant “was providing occupational therapy to [a resident in their] room. [The certified occupational therapist assistant] was sitting in a chair in [the resident’s] room providing direct care therapy services to [the resident] with no personal protective equipment (PPE) on.”
East Peoria Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
If you, or your loved one, have suffered a life-threatening infection or been abused, mistreated or neglected in any nursing facility in Illinois, including Rosewood Care Center of East Peoria, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can provide immediate legal help. Our team of dedicated East Peoria nursing home abuse attorneys can intervene to ensure your rights and health are protected.
We accept all personal injury cases and nursing home abuse claims for financial compensation on a contingency fee basis. This means we provide your legal services immediately without the need of any upfront fee. All of our services are paid only after we negotiate an out-of-court settlement or win your case at trial. We urge you to phone our law offices today at (888) 424-5757 or contact us immediately through our online chat rooms.
For information on specific Rosewood Care Center facilities, please reference pages below:
- Rosewood Care Center Alton
- Rosewood Care Center Galesburg
- Rosewood Care Center Moline
- Rosewood Care Center Northbrook
- Rosewood Care Center of East Peoria
- Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville
- Rosewood Care Center of Elgin
- Rosewood Care Center of Inverness
- Rosewood Care Center of Joliet
- Rosewood Care Center of Moline
- Rosewood Care Center of Rockford
- Rosewood Care Center of St. Charles
- Rosewood Care Center Swansea