By federal and state statutes, nursing facilities are required to provide a safe, clean and sanitized environment for every patient. However, due to overcrowded conditions, a lack of training, many facilities failed to provide sanitary conditions. As a result, many patients are exposed to contaminants, filth, debris and hazardous chemicals. The Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent abused and injured patients in nursing facilities like Aperion Care of Hidden Lake to ensure their rights are protected. Our elder abuse legal team fights to make sure nursing home patients obtain the financial compensation they deserve for being harmed.
Aperion Care of Hidden Lake
Aperion Care of Hidden Lake is a 67-certified-bed ‘for profit’ Medicaid/Medicare-accepted facility providing nursing services to residents of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri and St. Clair County, Illinois. The Center is located at:
11728 Hidden Lake Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63138
In addition to providing independent and assisted living options, the facility also offers skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation, long-term living options and psychiatric rehab.
St. Louis Nursing Home Resident Safety Concerns
The federal government and Illinois nursing home regulatory agencies routinely update their nursing home database system containing the complete list of all filed complaints, opened investigations, health violations, and safety concerns. This information can be found on numerous websites including Medicare.gov.
Currently, Aperion Care of Hidden Lake maintains an overall five out of five available star rating in the Medicare star rating comparison analysis system compared to all other facilities nationwide. This includes five out of five stars for quality measures and staffing concerns and four out of five stars for health inspections. However, our St. Louis County nursing home neglect attorneys have found serious deficiencies and safety concerns at this facility that include:
- Failure to Ensure Every Resident an Environment Free of Accident Hazards and Provide Adequate Supervision to Avoid Injury In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 01/12/2016, a complaint investigation against the facility was opened for its failure to “ensure resident safety” by securing “dangerous chemicals”. The deficient practice by the employees at Aperion Care of Hidden Lake were noted “during four of four days of the observation”, which could jeopardize the health and well-being of residents, especially those who are cognitively impaired.The state investigator noted upon observation of the “unlock first floor’s Spring Garden Shower Room on 01/07/2016 at 10:00 AM and at 1:45 PM.” The door was found unlocked again at 6:55 AM on 01/08/2016, at 11:02 AM, 2:30 PM and 4:17 PM on 01/11/2016 and finally at 6:36 AM on 01/12/2016.” The room had “a gallon size container of whirlpool disinfectant cleaner in an unlocked cabinet with approximately 300 cubic centimeters of liquid in the bottle.” The label on the container read “danger/hazard to humans and domestic animals, keep out of the reach of children…”
A separate observation was made of an unlocked second floor Renewal shower room on 01/07/2016 at 8:50 AM and again at 1:44 PM, along with additional times at 6:38 AM and 2:23 PM on 01/08/2016 and again at 10:54 AM and 4:14 PM on 01/11/2016. During the observation, it was noted that a 200 cc bottle of whirlpool disinfectant cleaner was found in an unlocked cabinet.
- Failure to Ensure Patients Are Provided a Safe, Clean, Comfortable and Easy to Use Residential Environment In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 01/12/2016, a notation was made by a state investigator during an annual licensure and certification survey concerning the facility’s failure to “keep non-food contact surfaces clean in the main kitchen, [and in] two of two kitchenettes and one of three dining rooms.” The deficient practice by the nursing staff and employees at the facility were noted on four of four days of observations.The state investigator observed the main kitchen at 9:15 AM a 01/07/2016, at 1:54 PM on 06/08/2016, at 11:20 AM on 06/11/2016 and at 10:10 AM on 06/12/2016. During the observation it was noted that “two deep fryer baskets had dried food cake on the handles; a 16-ounce pepper container, a 28-ounce Italian seasoning container and a 10-ounce dried parsley container sat on the condiment shelf with dried food residue and dust covering the containers.”
Additional observations were made on the second floor kitchenette that “showed a mineral and debris buildup on the floor cove base under the ice machine.” The Renewal dining room was observed with “food debris floating in the water of two large chafing reservoir pans. The investigator interviewed the facility’s Dietary Manager on the morning of 01/12/2016 who said that “there is a cleaning schedule. He expected staff to clean all areas when needed.” The investigator asked for but did not receive the cleaning schedule.
St. Louis Missouri Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
If your loved one has suffered injury or harm while a patient of Aperion Care of Hidden Valley, call the Missouri elder abuse attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC at (888) 424-5757 now. Our nursing home lawyers can take immediate action to stop the abuse and hold all legally accountable for the harm financially responsible.
We accept every nursing home abuse and neglect case through contingency fee agreement. This means we are paid only after we win your case in front of a judge and jury or negotiate an acceptable financial payment in an out-of-court settlement on your behalf.
For more information on specific Aperion Care Center facilities, please reference the pages below:
- Aperion Care Amboy
- Aperion Care Burbank Nursing Home
- Aperion Care Chicago Heights
- Aperion Care Colfax
- Aperion Care Decatur
- Aperion Care Dolton
- Aperion Care Elgin
- Aperion Care Forest Park
- Aperion Care International
- Aperion Care Jacksonville
- Aperion Care Oak Lawn
- Aperion Care of Evanston
- Aperion Care of Galesburg
- Aperion Care of Highwood
- Aperion Care of Litchfield
- Aperion Care of Saint Elmo
- Aperion Care Spring Valley
- Aperion Care Springfield
- Aperion Care Tolleston Park
- Aperion Care Wilmington