Nursing facilities and convalescent homes in Illinois are required to provide each resident with respect and dignity to maintain their personal integrity in a safe environment. The rights of the resident include being free from physical, mental and emotional abuse, and exploitation. This includes the rights to be free of corporal punishment, or chemical or physical restraint unless mandated by the physician’s written orders. Sadly, the Decatur nursing home abuse attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have handled many cases where victims have suffered serious harm in many nursing facilities throughout Illinois.
As legal advocates, our attorneys provide various legal options to residents and family members that have been victimized by the center and/or nursing staff. We provide data that details the safety concerns of those residing in Illinois nursing homes. This information helps families make well-informed decisions on exactly where to place an aging, ill or disabled family member for short or long term care.
Aperion Care Decatur
Aperion Care Decatur is a 140-bed post-hospital care and rehabilitation center providing round-the-clock skilled nursing care along with speech, occupational and physical therapies. The facility is located at:
2650 North Monroe St.
Decatur, IL 62526
The facility also provides numerous health care services to meet the needs of Macon County residents that include:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Post-stroke rehabilitation
- Palliative/hospice care
- Alzheimer’s/dementia care
- IV/infusion therapy
- Joint replacement/orthopedic therapy
- Diabetes management
- Medication management
- Respiratory therapy including tracheostomy care
- Wound care
- Respite care
Nursing Facility Patient Safety Concerns
Every year, data is released by www.Medicare.gov outlining the patient safety concerns of residents staying at U.S. nursing facilities. Current information indicates that Aperion Care Decatur maintains an overall rating of one out of five stars (much below average) compared to other facilities nationwide. This includes a one out of five stars for quality measures, staffing and health inspection.
This rating summary indicates the much below standards of quality measurements based on assessment information on how the facility meets the health and hygiene care needs of its residents. The health inspection rating indicates the level of acceptable practices and procedures investigated through scheduled and unannounced site inspections. The staffing rating indicates the staff hours of the facility’s RNs, LVN’s, LPNs and CNAs.
The Decatur nursing home neglect attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC note that there are many complaints filed against Aperion Care Decatur in recent years. Some recent egregious complaints involve:
- Failure to Properly Manage the Personal Funds of Residents:In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 07/23/2015, a complaint was opened upon review concerning the facility’s failure to properly manage the personal funds of numerous residents. The complaint noted that “the facility failed to provide quarterly resident fund statements to eight of eight residents [that was] reviewed for resident funds …” Upon interview, eight out of eight residents who have resided at the facility for up to two years and longer indicated that they have “never received a quarterly statement” of their funds as required by law.
- Failure to Properly Prevent Urinary Tract Infection and Restore Bladder Use:In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 07/01/2015, a complaint was filed based on the facility’s failure “to obtain orders for urinary catheter changes and maintenance care and [failure] to ensure Urologist follow-up as ordered by a physician …” The urologist stated that the resident’s “urinary catheter should have been changed every four weeks. I can attribute the multiple urinary tract infections to the catheter being in place for eight months. It is egregious that the facility left the catheter in for eight months. I could not believe it.”
- Failure to Supervise a Resident Who Left the Building Unnoticed:In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 05/13/2015, a complaint investigation was opened involving the facility’s failure to supervise a resident “reviewed for elopement (leaving the building unnoticed). The facility also failed to properly respond to an audible alarm that [the resident] was leaving the building.”
Decatur Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
If you, or a loved one, have suffered harm, injury or abuse while residing at Aperion Care Decatur, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help. Our Decatur skilled nursing home abuse attorneys can immediately intervene to stop the illegal practices by the medical team, nursing staff and/or facility.
We accept nursing home neglect and abuse cases on contingency. This means you will pay no upfront fees for our legal services. We encourage you to call our law offices today at (888) 424-5757 or speak with us now through our online chat rooms.
For more information on specific Aperion Care Center facilities, please reference the pages below:
- Aperion Care Amboy
- Aperion Care Burbank Nursing Home
- Aperion Care Chicago Heights
- Aperion Care Colfax
- Aperion Care Dolton
- Aperion Care Elgin
- Aperion Care Forest Park
- Aperion Care International
- Aperion Care Jacksonville
- Aperion Care Oak Lawn
- Aperion Care of Evanston
- Aperion Care of Galesburg
- Aperion Care of Hidden Lake
- Aperion Care of Highwood
- Aperion Care of Litchfield
- Aperion Care of Saint Elmo
- Aperion Care Spring Valley
- Aperion Care Springfield
- Aperion Care Tolleston Park
- Aperion Care Wilmington