At some point in life, much of the aging population will lose their capacity to perform daily activities without assistance and become the responsibility of their children to provide their care. For many households, this means the only option to ensure the senior receives adequate care is to place their loved one in a safe environment.
The Aurora nursing home abuse attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have served as legal advocates where their aging or injured clients residing in nursing facilities have been over-medicated, neglected, or abused.
Our team of nursing home abuse lawyers protects the rights of residents of Illinois nursing facilities and remains committed to seeking immediate legal intervention to stop the abuse or neglect.
We provide valuable publicly available information and statistics on Illinois nursing homes. These inspection reports and complaints filed against nursing facilities throughout the state help families make fully informed decisions when placing a loved one in a home for care.
Alden of Waterford
Alden of Waterford is a 99-bed nursing facility that provides post-acute, short-term rehabilitation, and transitional care services in Chicago’s western suburbs.
The nursing home is located at:
2021 Randi Dr.
Aurora, IL 60505
Initially opened in August 2001, the nursing facility provides intensive therapy after a hospital stay or surgery. It offers residents short-term and long-term care that includes:
- Therapeutic services
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
Nursing Facility Resident Safety Concerns
According to www.Medicare.gov, Alden of Waterford currently maintains an above-average overall rating of five out of five stars for quality measures and three out of five stars each for staffing and health inspections. The higher the number of stars the facility receives the better.
Quality measures reveal resident assessment information indications on how the nursing facility provides care to meet the needs of every resident. The staffing rating reveals staffing hours for RNs (registered nurses), LPNs (licensed practical nurses), LVNs (licensed vocational nurses), and CNAs (certified nursing assistants).
However, the Aurora nursing home neglect attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have found numerous filed complaints against Alden of Waterford that include:
- Failure to Immediately Notify the Resident’s Physician of Health Changes: In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 08/04/2015, a complaint investigation was opened indicating a failure to “follow their policy to inform the physician of a severe weight loss in one resident” and failure “to notify the physician or the resident’s power of attorney was severe weight loss in another resident.”The findings from the survey indicate that the resident was diagnosed with intellectual disabilities, dementia, epilepsy, and depressive disorder and is cognitively severely impaired, and requires extensive assistance when eating. The electronic health record (EHR) of R1 shows the resident was admitted to the facility on May 14, 2015, weighing 136.8 pounds. By June 2011, 2015 the patient weighed only 123 pounds indicating a “weight loss of 13.8 pounds (10.1 percent) in one month.”According to the Nursing Progress Notes documenting the resident’s condition, the weight loss was referred to the home’s dietitian for evaluation. However, the documented “area showing that the physician or responsible party was notified was blank. This note was 12 days after the record severe weight loss on June 11, 2015.”
- Failure to Report an Investigation and Allegation of Neglect: In a summary statement of deficiencies dated 03/27/2015, a Face Sheet documents that a nursing home resident initially admitted on 02/27/2015 was diagnosed with muscle weakness, difficulty walking, osteoporosis, and rheumatoid arthritis while requiring aftercare for a vertebrae fracture. The survey notes indicate a complaint that the resident was visited by a nursing aide three times in one night who failed to address her needs by providing pain medication and assistance to the bathroom. The resident noted that “the room was cold and no one would help her.” The resident indicated that “she did not know the names of staff who allegedly mistreated her and could not provide a description of the staff she spoke with.”The survey notes that “Abuse allegations were reviewed from February 2015 until March 24, 2015, there were no reports/investigations” of the resident’s allegations. This is a direct failure on the part of management and employees that “are required to immediately report any occurrences of potential mistreatment they observe, hear about, or suspect with a supervisor or the administrator.”
Obtaining Legal Council Today for an Alden of Waterford Negligence Case
If you, or a loved one, have suffered any abuse or neglect while residing at Alden of Waterford or any Illinois nursing facility, we advise you to contact the Aurora nursing home neglect Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC at (888) 424-5757 or speak with us through our online chat rooms.
We can provide immediate relief from the abuse or neglect and hold those legally responsible accountable for their actions. You will not be charged any fees until we negotiate your out-of-court settlement or win a jury award at trial.
For more information on specific Alden facilities, please reference the pages below:
- Alden Debes Alma Nelson Rehab and Health Care Center
- Alden Des Plaines Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- Alden Estates of Barrington
- Alden Estates of Evanston
- Alden Estates of Naperville
- Alden Estates of Shorewood
- Alden Estates of Skokie
- Alden Lakeland Rehab and Healthcare Center
- Alden Lincoln Park Rehab & Healthcare Center
- Alden Long Grove Rehabilitation and Health
- Alden Meadow Park Health Care Center
- Alden North Shore Rehab & Healthcare
- Alden Northmoor Rehab & Healthcare
- Alden Orland Park Rehab & HCC
- Alden Park Strathmoor Rehabilitation & Health
- Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Healthcare
- Alden Princeton Rehab & Healthcare
- Alden Terrace of McHenry Rehab and Health Care Center
- Alden Town Manor Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Alden Valley Ridge Rehabilitation and Health
- Alden Village Health Facility
- Alden Village North
- Alden Wentworth Rehab & Healthcare Center