An Illinois truck accident can result in severe damage and often leave victims injured, in emotional distress, or permanently disabled.
Unfortunately, truck accidents happen all the time on our local roadways, and those injured must know their legal options in holding the responsible party accountable.
A Champaign truck accident lawyer from our law firm can assist you with financial recovery for medical expenses and other losses from trucking companies.
Were you injured in a truck accident, or did you lose a loved one through a wrongful death in an accident involving a commercial vehicle? At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC, our attorneys represent injured victims harmed in serious collisions.
Contact our truck accident lawyer today at (888) 424-5757 (toll-free phone number) or use the contact form to schedule a free consultation.
Millions Of Truck Accidents Each Year
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) , there are approximately 4.8 million truck and tractor-trailer accidents annually in the United States. These accidents resulted in more than 100,000 injuries and 3,000 fatalities.
The Insurance Research Council found Illinois had 9,500 large tractor-trailer crashes with only injured victims and 416 crashes that led to deaths. According to NHTSA’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) 2000-2008 , 442 people died from accidents involving commercial vehicles and large trucks in Champaign County.
We can help hold trucking companies accountable in Champaign truck accident claims. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney to assist with legal counsel regarding personal injury claims.
Common Causes Of Semi-Truck
Many factors, including driver fatigue or inexperience and lack of safety precautions, such as safety belts and airbags, can cause these trucking accidents.
The common causes of large truck accidents include:
- Drunk driving: Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving: Talking or texting on a cell phone, grooming, eating, and drinking while driving
- Aggressive and reckless drivers: Speeding, tailgating, and weaving through traffic
- Mechanical issues with commercial vehicles: Irregular maintenance resulting in mechanical failure, such as brakes not working correctly or blowing a tire
- Construction zone accidents: Negligent workers fail to adequately warn drivers of the road hazards or dangerous roads by failing to demarcate zones or erect correct signage
- Overloaded trucks: When drivers ignore regulations on the maximum load weight allowed for their vehicles
- Illegal maneuvers: Dangerous driving by semi-truck drivers to make up time or get ahead in traffic, including illegal lane changes, passing on the road’s shoulder, or crossing double yellow lines to overtake vehicles
Truck drivers are not only limited to driving one type of commercial vehicle and can drive –
- A semi-truck for national trucking companies
- A dump truck for construction sites
- A box truck is used by moving companies or freight haulers.
Collisions involving large trucks and tractor-trailers with smaller vehicles often happen when a commercial vehicle driver is unaware of the smaller vehicle as lanes are changed or when backing out of loading docks into streets.
What To Do After Trucking Accidents In Central Illinois
Truck accidents can occur for many reasons and at a moment’s notice. Often, the trauma and shock leave victims disorientated about what to do next. We have compiled a list of the most important things to do when involved in a commercial vehicle accident –
- Obtain medical attention immediately
- Report the collision
- Obtain vehicle registration and the contact details of all the drivers in the crash
- Obtain contact information of all witnesses
- Take photos of the accident scene and all the vehicles involved
- Obtain a copy of the police report and the accident report
- Obtain a copy of all relevant medical records
- Determine whether the at-fault driver was intoxicated
Ensure that you have sought professional medical attention for your injuries. The trucking company might refuse to adequately compensate you if there is no proof of injury in your accident.
If you have sustained severe personal injuries from the collision, contact our experienced truck accident attorneys to help you recover your damages.
Negligent truck drivers violate traffic laws and driving ethics daily without being held accountable. We can assist you in seeking justice for their actions by proving the truck driver and trucking company failed to keep you safe from preventable harm.
Investigating Truck Accident Cases
The Champaign truck accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC recognize the need for a quick and thorough investigation of every trucking and car accident. We aim to hold negligent drivers and companies accountable and are here to serve the needs of truck accident victims.
Do you or a loved one need an attorney to assist you with your Champaign truck crash case? Complete the intake form here for a free truck accident case review with a lawyer with experience with Champaign collisions involving clients who receive compensation for damages.
How A Champaign Truck Accident Lawyer Can Resolve Your Case
Personal injury attorneys specializing in trucking accident cases will file lawsuits based on Illinois tort law.
A Central Illinois truck accident lawyer understands that injuries from a semi-truck accident are often more severe than any other auto accident because of the weight and force involved.
The lawyer will talk directly with the insurance company providing coverage on commercial vehicles to initiate a trucking accident claim.
Our Illinois law team can recover compensation for severe injury victims in truck accident cases from trucking companies or insurance carriers.
Hiring Champaign Truck Accident Lawyers
The Champaign, Illinois, commercial vehicle and tractor-trailer accident lawyers of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC investigate every case from multiple angles to establish fault, determine the economic impact, and seek fair compensation.
We have helped thousands of clients across Illinois and are confident in our ability to secure compensation to ensure your well-being.
Contact our truck accident lawyers at (888) 424-5757 (toll-free phone number) or use the contact form to arrange a free consultation with an attorney to discuss legal representation.
All confidential or sensitive information you share with our legal team remains private through an attorney-client relationship.