Central Transport International Truck Accident Attorneys
Central Transport International remains one of the fastest-growing LTL (less than truckload) transport companies in the United States. This privately held company works with major corporations transporting a variety of goods from some of the nation's largest retail and manufacturing companies. Central Transport (CT) operates just under 200 customer service centers in both the US and Canada, offering long haul services to major regional markets and international locations.
The company's biggest markets include Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Cleveland, Dallas, and others. Recently, Central Transport purchased Pup trailers to maximize transit time and reduce damage to goods. To ensure its placement in a competitive trucking market, the company files an aggressive recruitment campaign and provides their truck or some of the highest earnings in the industry.
Central Transport uses an in-house web-based computer system to communicate with drivers and docks through hand-held computers. Obtaining real-time data and using practical tracking tools minimizes mistakes. Their logistics system works in unison with other companies, including CTX, LINC, Central Global, and CSI for delivery, international trade, and warehousing. In 2018, Central Transport International generated annual revenue of $754 million.
Contact information for Central Transport International includes:
(586) 467-1900 (customer service center)
(586) 939-7000 (extension 0214 – Sales)
Mexican headquarters contact information includes:
Central Transport Laredo Texas
14502 Atlanta Dr.
Laredo, Texas, 78045
(586) 939-7000 (extension 780135)
Email correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Transport International is a Truckload (LT) carrier, meaning the company delivers one truckload containing similar products, goods, and materials to multiple locations. This type of trucking is the opposite of an LTL (less than truckload) carrier with a mixed freight. The company provides daily availability to transport goods from unique regional areas, including outbound Florida, Southern California to Western Texas/Arizona, and Southern California to northern California.
Accidents Involving Central Transport
All large trucking companies in Northern America, including Central Transport, LLC, and travel millions of miles every year, crisscrossing the nation. Tight schedules and heavy demand for delivering goods and products on time and place the truck drivers and other motorists for passengers at risk of accidents and collisions. A small sampling of crashes involving Central Transport, LLC in 2019 include:
- Accident on December 17, 2019 - Tupelo Police Department filed a report indicating a collision involving Central Transport and another motor vehicle occurred on Cliff Gookin Blvd., Tupelo, MS. At the time of the accident, there were no adverse weather conditions, and the road surface was dry. The police reported there was one injury.
- Crash on August 28, 2019 - The Nevada Highway Patrol filed a report of an accident involving three vehicles, including a collision with the motor vehicle on US 95 during daylight hours on a dry surface. The accident involved a Central Transport, LLC semi-tractor-trailer. There were two injuries.
- Crash on December 9, 2019 - Law enforcement filed a report involving an accident with two vehicles, including a Central Transport tractor-trailer during daylight hours on 12 Street in Lebanon City, Pennsylvania. The roadway was wet, and the weather conditions included rain. The incident resulted in two injuries.
- Crash on November 8, 2019 - The Springfield Sheriff's Department filed a report involving a collision with a Central transport tractor-trailer and another motor vehicle on State Route 70 and the Township of Bethel, Ohio. At the time of the accident, there were no adverse weather conditions where the road surface was dry. The report indicates there were five injuries.
- Crash on October 17, 2019 - The Roseville Police Department filed a report of a Central transport semi-tractor-trailer colliding with the motor vehicle on Roseville Parkway, it Roseville, California. The daylight accident occurred on a dry road surface. There were two injuries.
- Accident on September 18, 2019 - The South Brunswick Township Police Department filed a report of a two-vehicle collision involving a Central transport semi-tractor-trailer on US one and South Brunswick Township, New Jersey. There was one reported injury.
Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) states that truck accidents in the United States often involve:
- Driving Impaired - Truckers must avoid consuming alcohol or taking illegal drugs, including stimulants, which can create a dangerous scenario for those sharing the road.
- Aggressive Behavior - Any aggressive behavior by a motorist involved in a collision could kill, injure, or maim innocent victims, including passengers and other drivers.
- Not Accounting for Air Turbulence - The crosswinds on a freeway can affect a semi-tractor and trailer, causing the vehicle to swerve into other lanes, resulting in a deadly crash.
- Driving Drowsy- Maintaining tight schedules often means the trucker must drive for hours on end, which can lead to fatigue and drowsy driving.
- Staying in the Right Lane - When the trucker needs to turn right, they need a wide area to avoid running over the curb or crashing into a telephone/light pole.
- Failing to Judge a Commercial Truck's Approaching Speed - Changing lanes and pulling a front of a fast-approaching commercial vehicle could be catastrophic and lead to a preventable death or severe injury.
- Driving Distracted- The trucker should never use their mobile phone, send text messages, or read their email while operating their commercial vehicle. Distracted driving could lead to severe harm or death.
Many times, the semi-truck driver has the accident due to erratic movements or because they were driving distracted or while fatigued. In these cases, both the trucking company and the truck driver should be held legally responsible for the crash and pay all associated costs and expenses that led to the wrongful death or severe injury.
Seeking a Financial Remedy for a Truck Accident-Related Wrongful Death or Personal Injury
Any victim injured in an accident involving a semi-tractor-trailer, cargo van, or commercial vehicle can file a claim or lawsuit, seeking financial recovery from every party responsible for the incident. Successfully resolving your case requires abiding by Illinois tort laws when filing a claim with the insurance company or presenting a case in front of a judge and jury. The rules involving compensation cases are complex. Injured victims can submit a claim for compensation or file a lawsuit against every responsible party and take their case to court or negotiate an out of court settlement.
A victim of a truck accident can file a claim for compensation to ensure they receive the financial recovery they deserve. The resolution of the case can ensure he or she recovers:
- Hospital bills, medical costs, and expenses of rehab and therapies
- Lost income due to missed work: Loss of earnings from a permanent or temporary disability (past, current, and future)
- Car rental while your vehicle is under repair
- Permanent or temporary loss of your vehicle
- Emotional anguish and mental stress
- Pain and suffering
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can Make the Difference
The dedicated attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have been successful in handling many truck accident cases for clients suffering injuries caused by large commercial trucks. Our aggressive legal firm will represent your family and develop an effective strategy for fighting back against the commercial vehicle company wanting to avoid legal responsibility for causing your injuries or wrongful death.
Our law firm at (888) 424-5757 accepts all cases through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement means that no upfront fees are paid until we have won a jury trial award, or negotiated an acceptable out of court settlement. Contact us today!