Centegra Hospital is a 106-certified-bed ‘not for profit’ Hospital providing services and cares for residents of Woodstock and McHenry County, Illinois. The Medical Center is located at:
Route 14 & Doty Road
Woodstock, IL 60098
In addition to providing emergency medical services to the Henry County community, the facility offers other services that include:
- Wellness Services
- Cancer Care
- Family Birth Center
- Pediatric Medicine
- Heart and Vascular Care
- Family Birth Center
- Orthopedic Services
Comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the U.S., Centegra Hospital maintains an overall “C+” score, ranking it in the 35th percentile. According to Analytics MD, the facility ranking was calculated using publicly available data that includes patient satisfaction, patient flow, quietness of the rooms, ER front-end initial assessment flow, and reported complications. Low percentile scores might indicate a high percentage of medical errors, mistakes and malpractice negligence happening at the hospital.
The level of care and the facility’s emergency department provides its patients can be determined by comparing it to other medical centers nationwide. Currently, the percentile ranking of care provided in the ER department at Centegra Hospital involve:
- Incoming Patient Flow (22nd percentile) – The measurement of efficiency involving evaluations conducted by the medical team when treating patients once they arrived at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (39th percentile) – The measurement of efficiency in how the medical team provided less sick patients who would be discharged from the facility from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (46th percentile) – The measurement of efficiency and how the medical team treated sicker patients who would require admittance to the facility from the emergency room.
- Frustrated Patients (35th percentile) – The measurement level of frustration patients feel when they left the emergency room after receiving care.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (41st percentile) – The measurement of the overall patient experience in dealing with all departments in the hospital.
Centegra Hospital currently holds two state designations that include:
- Magnet Recognition – The facility is part of the American Nurses Association’s Magnet Recognition program that recognizes excellence in nursing practice and in providing the highest quality of patient care. The facility, like all other recognized hospitals, remains committed to utilizing the best practices in professional nursing and in developing interdisciplinary relationships.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – The EDAP designation means that the facility participates in the Illinois Emergency Medical System and provides the community the highest level of emergency and urgent care to pediatric patients. The hospital has been recognized by the Emergency Medical Services for Children Program and the Illinois Department of Public Health because it provides essential resources to meet the critical and emergency care needs of injured and seriously ill children.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors facility-acquired bloodstream infection incident rates involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Clostridium difficile infections. This data is collected from laboratory test results involving patients who have remained at the hospital for at least four days. The IDPH uses this information to determine whether the rate of bloodstream infections is statistically higher or lower than the national average. For 2015, the bloodstream infection rate involving Centegra Hospital include:
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Facility-Acquired Incident Rate – 1 infection out of 16,276 patient days.
- Clostridium Difficile Infection Facility-Acquired Incident Rate – 12 infections out of 16,276 patient days.
The IDPH determined that the statistical rates are not “significantly better or worse than the national average."
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health measures patient safety concerns from data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). These statistics involve potential adverse events and unexpected complications. The ongoing patient safety concerns for 2015 involving Centegra Hospital include:
- Postoperative Deep Vein Thrombosis (Clotting) or Lung Embolism Rate – 2.42 per 1000 or 2 incidents out of 899 patients, which is more than half of the Illinois state average of 5.62 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate – 1.34 per 1000 or 1 incident out of 823 patients, which is nearly one third less than the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – 603 per 1000 or 3 incidents out of 169 patients, which is statistically lower than the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
The Illinois Department of Public Health determined that the statistical rates are not “significantly better or worse than the national average."
Woodstock Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your loved one was victimized by medical malpractice while a patient at Centegra Hospital, call Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers now. Let our Woodstock attorneys file and successfully resolve your medical malpractice case that happened in an Illinois medical center or hospital.
Allow our legal team to handle every aspect of your compensation claim by filing all the necessary paperwork in the appropriate courthouse and resolving your case through negotiation or trial. In McHenry County, the courthouse is located at:
2200 North Seminary Avenue
Woodstock, Illinois 60098
Circuit Court Clerk Katherine Keefe
Schedule your free, no-obligation comprehensive financial claim review today by calling our McHenry County Medical Malpractice law offices at (888) 424-5757. You are not required to make any upfront payment to receive immediate legal services, because, our legal fees are paid only after we have successfully resolved your medical malpractice case.