Centegra Hospital is a 179-certified-bed ‘not for profit’ Hospital providing services and cares for residents of McHenry and McHenry County, Illinois. The Medical Center is located at:
4201 Medical Center Drive
McHenry, IL 60050
In addition to providing emergent and critical care to the local community, Centegra Hospital – McHenry also offers other services that include:
- Cancer care
- Wellness services
- Vascular a nd heart care
- Family Birth Center
- Pediatric medicine
- Orthopedic services
Comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the United States, Centegra Hospital maintains an overall “C” score, ranking it in the 28th percentile. According to Analytics MD, the facility ranking was calculated using publicly available data that includes patient satisfaction, patient flow, and reported complications. Low percentile scores might indicate a high percentage of medical errors, mistakes and malpractice negligence happening at the hospital.
The level of care the Centegra Hospital emergency department provides the local community is crucial to residents who require critical and emergent services. Publicly available data reveals the areas of improvement involving the emergency room including the ER discharge patient length of stay and the quietness of patient rooms. Other ranking percentiles indicating the level of care Centegra Hospital emergency room provides involved:
- Incoming Patient Flow (13 percentile) – This low measurement indicates the inefficiency with which patients were initially evaluated after arriving at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (11th percentile) – This low measurement indicates the inefficiency of the medical team in providing care and treatment to patients who would be discharged from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (27th percentile) – This low measurement indicates the inefficiency of how the medical team provided sicker patients care and treatment who would be admitted to the facility from the ER department.
- Frustrated Patients (35th percentile) – This low measurement reveals the level of frustration that patients felt when leaving the emergency department after receiving care.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (28th percentile) – This low measurement reveals the overall patient experiences when receiving services in every hospital department.
Centegra Hospital currently holds four state designations that include:
- Perinatal II+
- Trauma Center Level II
- Magnet Recognition
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI) that occur in critical care units statewide. The CLABSI infection rate for Centegra Hospital – McHenry in 2015 included:
- Adult Medical/Surgical ICU-Associated Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection Rate – 3 infection incidents out of 2137 central line days. The IDPH determined that this rate was “not statistically significant better worse than the national average.”
Surgical Site Infection Rate
The IDPH follows surgical site infection rates at hospitals and medical centers statewide. This data includes information on coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG) and total knee replacement surgery (KPRO) related infections. These rates determine whether the facility is providing the highest level of care, or not. The surgical site infection rate involving Centegra Hospital – McHenry for 2015 involves:
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery-Associated Surgical Site Infection Rate – 1 infection incident out of 577 procedures.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery-Associated Surgical Site Infection Rate – 1 infection incidents out of 143 procedures.
Bloodstream Infection Rate and Patient Safety Concerns
The IDPH monitors facility-acquired bloodstream infections involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) incidents to determine the level of care every medical center and hospital is providing. These rates are determined by laboratory test results of patients remaining in the facility for four days or longer.
In addition, the IDPH monitors patient safety measures from data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). For 2015, the facility-acquired onset incident rate involving contagious infections and patient safety concerns involving at Centegra hospital – McHenry include:
- Facility-Acquired Clostridium Difficile Infections (CDI) Incident Rate – 31 infections out of 35,043 patient days.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – 7.66 per 1000 or 6 incidents out of 1121 patients, which is slightly lower than the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate – 3.37 per 1000 or 6 incidents of 2123 patients, which is slightly lower than the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
McHenry Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you suspect your loved one was harmed by medical malpractice while a patient at Centegra Hospital, you must act quickly by calling the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers law office to stop the mistreatment now. Our McHenry attorneys have represented clients who have been harmed, injured or died prematurely through medical malpractice by medical center health providers.
Allow our legal team to file all the necessary paperwork in the appropriate courthouse to begin the process of obtaining your compensation. In McHenry County, the courthouse is located at:
2200 North Seminary Avenue
Woodstock, Illinois 60098
Circuit Court Clerk Katherine Keefe
Call our McHenry medical malpractice law firm today at (888) 424-5757 to speak with our representatives who can assist you in scheduling your free, no-obligation case evaluation. You do not need to make any upfront payment for our legal services because our law firm accepts all medical malpractice cases through contingency fee arrangements. This means our fees are paid only after we have successfully negotiated an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf or have won your case at trial.