Illinois Casino Accidents & Slip and Falls
Casinos provide exciting entertainment options to adults through gambling, fine dining, floor shows, and more. Just like any other business, they can be held liable when patrons are injured due to premises liability accidents or other incidents that impact their health and well-being.
Were you hurt in a slip and fall accident in a casino? If so, contact the personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC. We have the knowledge and experience needed to try these fall cases and recover the maximum amount of compensation allowed under the law.
It is essential to have access to a fall accident lawyer with proven experience because casino liability cases may be subject to different rules and laws than traditional injury lawsuits. Contact our Chicago premises liability lawyers toll-free today at (888) 424-5757 to explore your legal rights to recover economic damages such as medical bills.
Ways Casino Patrons Can Be Injured
Those who visit casinos are far more concerned with having a fun time and trying to win big amounts of money than the potential perils they may face while in the establishment. In some ways, casino patrons are at an elevated risk due to the nature of the business they are taking part in.
Some of the most common causes of casino slip and fall accidents and injury our Illinois casino injury lawyers have come across include the following:
- Slips, trips and falls: These casino slip and fall accidents are the most common and often result from wet floors,uneven surfaces, poorly maintained halls, and stairways or slip and fall accidents occurring when entering or exiting shuttle buses.
- Poorly maintained seating: The chairs provided to casino visitors endure a lot of wear and tear because they are used by thousands of individuals every day. Broken chairs can result in a sudden accident, and the casino management may be held responsible for premise liability if proper maintenance measures are not taken.
- Food poisoning: Many visitors enjoy fine dining as part of their casino experience. Poor sanitation measures, such as the casino staff failing to keep the floors clean, can leave a bad impression days later. In severe cases of food poisoning, victims may need to receive emergency medical attention and can even die of bacterial infections that have their roots in poorly prepared food.
- Shuttle bus injuries: Illinois and Las Vegas casinos often offer shuttle bus service to their guests to make it easier to get from parking lots and hotels to where the action is at. The Las Vegas strip drivers may act negligently while handling luggage, or the buses may not be in good condition. Any accident injuries that are suffered on a Las Vegas casino shuttle bus can be looked over for a potential claim.
- Theft and Assault: It is no secret that those who visit gambling establishments come to gamble, meaning they are more likely to carry considerable amounts of cash when entering the building. If they are lucky enough, they could leave with more money than they arrive with, making them targets for thievery and robbery. A casino needs to provide adequate security to protect its patrons.
- Hotel room injuries: Gambling establishments that offer hotel stays are responsible for whatever serious injuries are sustained in their rooms. Exposed electrical cords on faulty equipment, and poorly maintained facilities can all result in an accident injury.
Slip and fall accidents may result in common injuries such as broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries. When such an accident occurs in a casino, it can have devastating consequences.
An Insurance Company Dealing With Slip and Fall Accidents
An insurance company dealing with an accident in a gambling establishment will likely ask some pretty tricky questions. An accident like this can happen to anyone, but if you are the person who was hurt in the accident, it is essential to have an experienced and knowledgeable attorney on your side to help you through the process.
Potential Difficulty With Casino Fall Accident Lawsuits
Courts in the United States usually favor casino patrons in lawsuits because of the high duty of care they expect from casino operators.
Many casinos are not within state or federal jurisdiction. Therefore, it’s advisable to have access to legal representatives with special experience in casino law. A personal injury lawyer can help you tackle the following hurdles:
- The casino is operated on Native American land: The law declares Native American territories as sovereign lands, which means a claim cannot be brought against a casino in one of these territories from a United States court. This does not mean the casino is exempt from liability, however. It means that the matter must be resolved through a Native American Tribal Council decision.
- The casino is not subject to state or local laws: Many casinos are operated offshore, such as on a riverboat, because state and local governments do not allow them to work on the land. This can make bringing a lawsuit against the casino operator more complicated.
Certain circumstances may increase the complexity of your claim, but an experienced personal injury attorney is fully conversant with these obstacles and has many years of experience doing so.
What to Do When Injured at an Illinois Casino
Documentation of your slip and fall incident report is the most important means of ensuring that your claim is successful. Always make sure that you collect whatever evidence you can, whether it is video, photographs, or to obtain names of witnesses and any other witness information such as phone numbers and statements to help corroborate your claims.
You should also ask for help the moment you are hurt and allow casino staff members to do whatever they can to assist you. If you require immediate medical attention, it is important to obtain all of the medical care records that are created in the wake of your injury and recovery.
From the arrival of paramedics to your admittance into a hospital to your discharge, descriptive records of your fall injuries and actions should be kept from the beginning to the end.
Financial Compensation You Might Receive After a Casino Slip and Fall Injury
If a slip and fall accident occurred in a casino and you sustained bone fractures, you may sue for economic damages such as medical expenses out-of- own pocket, lost wages, and other related financial losses. Additionally, you might recover non-economic damages such as pain and suffering.
If you or someone you know has been hurt in a slip and fall accident, contact a slip and fall lawyer to discuss your legal options.
Hire An Experienced Attorney to File Your Premises Liability Claim
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC is a leading personal injury law firm that protects the rights and interests of all whose injuries resulted from negligent and reckless actions.
If you were hurt during a casino stay, contact us at (888) 424-5757 to arrange a risk-free consultation with one of our award-winning Illinois casino fall attorneys.
Our legal team will make reasonable efforts to collect all of the information we need to perform a thorough evaluation of your claim and review your legal options with you to facilitate the recovery of compensation.
We will only collect attorney fees for our legal services when we can secure damages such as expensive medical bills on your behalf, and our services will be free if we fail to do so.