Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is committed to securing the best possible results for our clients. Our Chicago office serves individuals and families who have been injured as a result of the negligence of another person or corporation throughout Illinois and in other jurisdictions. Many of our cases involve significant injury or even death.
Many of our out-of-court settlements and litigation involves the following categories of personal injury law:
Our attorneys have received recognition from clients and peers in the legal community for the results we have achieved and for our commitment to serving people in a respectful manner regarding of their situation. Attorneys at our firm are regularly invited to speak to other attorneys about our litigation techniques and how we handle specific case types.
While the highest complement we receive may be from a past client who refers a friend or family member to our office, we are also proud to be recognized by the following organizations for our achievements and commitment to legal excellence:
- National Academy of Jurisprudence, Designation as a Premier 100 Lawyer
- National Trial Lawyers- Top 100 civil lawyers
- Contributor to National Law Journal
- Designated ‘Super Lawyer’
- 10/10 AVVO Rating
- A+ Rating from Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Lifetime member of Million Dollar Advocates
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
What is Your Illinois Personal Injury Case Worth?
We are regularly asked about the value of certain types of cases from perspective clients and other lawyers. The truth is that there are many variables that play into the ultimate value of a particular case. You can use some of our case settlements and case reviews as a very general basis for determining the value of your case, but we caution you about making any assumptions until you have talked to an attorney who has thoroughly reviewed your situation.
The below factors are things to take into consideration when assessing the value of a personal injury case:
- Severity of injury - is the injury temporary or permanent in nature? If permanent, will it cause ongoing pain and disability?
- Type of medical care received - similar injuries can have great discrepancies in case valuations depending on the type of care and how much the medical bills are.
- Lost wages - you may make a wage loss claim for your case. If you are severely injured you can make a claim for future wage loss.
- Age of injured person - generally, a claim for a young person who faces a lifetime of pain is worth more than an older person with a shorter life expectancy.
- Comparative fault - you partial responsibility for an accident can reduce the amount of your recovery.
- Insurance coverage - the amount of insurance coverage available and who the under-writing company is can have a significant impact on the end results
- Location - both where an accident occurred and where it may be litigated matter.
- Your lawyer - insurance companies and defense attorneys track plaintiff lawyers. They know those that will go the distance and those who will settle cases short.
Contact a Chicago Law Firm Who Has the Experience Needed to Help You Maximize the Value of Your Injury Case
If you or a family member is in need of an attorney to represent you in an accident-injury case, we urge you to contact an attorney who can advise you of your legal rights for recovery of compensation. Illinois has strict statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit on your case. Your failure to initiate a claim within the legal time constraints will forever bar your recovery.
When it comes to the selection of a lawyer to represent you interests, you have many options. While it may be temping to hire a law firm that you see on television or that you may have used for a different legal matter, it is important to have a law firm representing you who has experience with your specific circumstance.
Contact our office today for a free consultation with an attorney who has worked on matters similar to yours. We will address any questions or concerns you have about your legal options for recovery. If you decide to retain our office to represent you, we only receive a legal fee when we have recovered compensation for you. If we cannot obtain a settlement or verdict our services are completely free.
Motor Vehicle Accident Settlements
- $3,000,000: Settlement paid to a disabled pedestrian who was struck by a truck in Chicago.
- $1,400,000: Rear-end truck accident involving back surgery. Lawsuit filed in Cook County, IL.
- $1,000,000: Wrongful death settlement paid to the family passenger in a car that was struck head-on.
- $1,000,000: Wrongful death motorcycle claim involving 50-year-man. Represents policy limits of coverage.
- $805,500: Bicyclist struck by truck making right-run. The settlement was made prior to litigation.
- $750,000: Loading dock accident involving worker crushed by forklift. Lawsuit filed in Kane County.
- $720,000: 47-year-old man with a back injury from a truck crash. Settlement at mediation in Winnebago County.
- $667,000: Pedestrian accident involving a company vehicle. No lawsuit filed.
- $616,772: Settlement for four friends injured by a truck going though a red light at an intersection in Aurora, IL.
- $599,900: Distracted driving car accident settlement involving fractured ankle and sternum.
- $570,000: Champaign County motorcycle crash involving peroneal nerve injury.
- $499,000: Bike accident in downtown Chicago involving an out-of-town driver who admittedly was ‘looking for directions’ at time of crash.
- $449,000: Car passenger with facial fractures from hitting her head on the windshield in disputed liability case in Belvidere, IL.
- $350,000: Pedestrian hit by a left-turning taxicab. The impact resulted in a broken leg. This is the full policy limits on the taxi.
- $330,000: Motorcycle passenger thrown off bike. Motorcycle operator and driver of another vehicle paid settlement. Lawsuit filed in Lake County, IL.
- $250,000: Uninsured motorist policy limit settlement for Evanston mother. Case settled prior to mandatory arbitration.
- $250,000: Recovery for bicyclist involved in a hit-and-run bicycle accident.
- $250,000: Policy limit recovery for a cyclist struck by car while riding in a protected bike lane.
- $200,000: Settlement for a pedestrian hit by pick-up truck while crossing in a marked crosswalk in suburban Naperville.
- $180,000: Bicycle dooring accident involving a fractured clavicle and facial fractures. No surgery required.
- $175,000: Settlement for a husband and wife injured when a teen driver hit them from behind.
- $105,000: Triathlete hit by passing car while biking on Sheridan Road in Winnetka.
Professional Negligence & Other Types of Personal Injury Case Settlements
- $6,140,000: Cerebral palsy birth injury lawsuit filed in Cook County, Illinois.
- $5,000,000: Settlement achieved via a mediation for a family of a child who allegedly sustained a brain injury due to oxygen deprivation during labor and delivery.
- $4,250,000: Anesthesia error involving a 49-year-old woman who died during a obstetric procedure.
- $4,000,000: Collective settlement for boys molested by clergy during a religious retreat.
- $3,610,000: Surgical error involving post-thoracic procedure.
- $2,750,000: Helicopter crash accident with a lawsuit filed in Chicago
- $2,700,000: Medical negligence involving a man who fell from his bed and sustained a brain injury.
- $2,700,000: Hospital fall post orthopedic surgery which required multiple revision procedures
- $2,150,000: Construction accident involving a 20 foot fall from scaffolding without fall protection
- $2,000,000: Error made by pharmacy involving wrong medication
- $1,800,000: Recovery for a toddler who fell down a stairway at a large day care facility in Illinois
- $1,730,000: Labor and delivery error involving brachial plexus/shoulder injury
- $1,680,000: Misdiagnosis lawsuit filed against a laboratory for mixing test results
- Confidential Mid-seven figure: sexual assault of elderly woman by staff in hospital
- $1,100,000: Wrongful death, stillbirth settlement with hospital and physicians’’ group
- $1,095,000: Nursing home negligence with bed sore and surgery to repair wound
- $1,000,000: Swimming pool drowning at a backyard pool
- $1,000,000: Brain injury and cranial fractures to guest of apartment building
- $1,000,000+: Premises liability lawsuit filed in Cook County on behalf of a five-year-old boy
- $875,000: Settlement of a lawsuit for a men who developed pressure sores during a hospitalization
- $815,000: Wrongful death lawsuit filed against a nursing home after a patient choked to death
- $800,000: Construction site accident with a lawsuit filed against general contractor and several subcontractors
- $750,000: Lawsuit filed against nursing home for failing to secure locks on a disabled patient’s wheelchair
- $710,200: Abuse of Alzheimer’s patient while admitted to an Illinois nursing home
- $600,000: Patient dropped by nursing home staff during a transfer with a Hoyer lift
- $600,000: Carbon monoxide poisoning lawsuit filed against landlord
- $570,000: Lawsuit filed against an assisted living facility for failing to follow physician’s orders
- $500,000: Slip and fall accident involving a businessman visiting Chicago for a convention
- $480,000: Construction accident settlement for carpenter who fell through an unmarked hole in floor
- $400,000: Scaffolding fall while working on construction of a condominium project in Chicago
- $400,000: Child bitten by a dog while eating.
- $400,000: Settlement for patient in a food allergy claim against hospital
- $395,000: Nursing home pressure ulcer claim resolved against operator of large chain of facilities
- $390,000: Fence collapse with fractured pelvis
- $380,000: Dog bite recovery for teen with facial scarring in North suburbs of Chicago
- $350,000: Fall in apartment building lobby
- $330,000: Fall down a defective stairway in an apartment building in Rockford, IL.
- $305,000: Collapse of a wooden deck at a backyard party
- $300,000+: Workers compensation for a factory worker with received crush injuries.
- $299,000: Fall accident at nursing home within 48-hours of admission to facility
- $295,000: Parking lot slip and fall
- $265,000: Dog attack of an elderly woman who sustained broken bones when she was pushed over by animal
- $235,500: Nerve damage to the hand of a woman attacked by a dog at a park
- $205,433: 6-year-old boy attacked by a Doberman / Pitt Bull mix
- $200,000: Swimming pool deck trip and fall
- $170,000: Bicyclist injured when attacked by a dog
- $165,000: Stairway fall with multiple Chicago building code violations
- $99,000: Recovery for a boy attacked by an off-leash dog while at beach