Chicago Carpal Tunnel Injury Lawyers
Carpal tunnel is a repetitive stress injury that affects millions of workers every year. The US Department of Labor labeled it the chief occupational hazard during the 1990s and it has hindered many workers since. The Chicago workers compensation attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can assist you in filing your claim if you have or are currently suffering from a repetitive stress injury. Many workers are not aware of their rights or intimidated by the threat of repercussions if they file a worker’s compensation claim. Our legal team can help you review all of your legal options and ensure that you receive the financial compensation you need to alleviate the debilitating pain and impairment you are enduring.
What is Carpal Tunnel?
Carpal tunnel is classified as a repetitive stress injury because it is the result of constant and repeated motions. It is a common injury to those who work in occupations that require typing, assembly or maintenance. After constant and repeated use, the tissues surrounding the primary muscles in the wrist swell until they pinch the median nerve. This can result in severe pain and the inability to move the wrist or fingers. Other symptoms include numbness, tingling, weakened grip strength or the inability to perform fine motor functions such as buttoning a shirt or using a pen or pencil.
Misconceptions Deter Workers from Filing Claims Related to Carpal Tunnel
One of the reasons more workers do not seek the compensation that they deserve for their injuries is that they are misinformed or unaware of their rights. Some may even believe that retaining an attorney automatically necessitates filing a lawsuit against their employers. Our Chicago worker’s compensation lawyers are happy to clear up any misunderstandings that you have and help you file your claim confidently. Here are your guaranteed rights in the State of Illinois.
- You have the right to file a worker’s compensation claim for any injury that has occurred at the workplace, regardless of whether you are at fault for the injury. A repetitive stress injury is an injury that results from performing a duty over a long period that causes harm to an area of the body, so if you’ve developed carpal tunnel after years of working, you are entitled to benefits.
- Your employer may not punish you or treat you differently following a worker’s compensation claim. It is illegal for your employer to hire you, harass you or punish you for demanding the benefits you are guaranteed by law. If your employer violates this law, you may receive additional compensation as a punitive measure.
- You are allowed to seek medical care from any specialist that you choose. Your employer is required to provide compensation for the full cost of corrective procedures and therapy so that you can return to work as quickly as possible.
- While you are unable to perform your duties, you are entitled to receive two thirds of your regular salary during your recovery. This benefit is guaranteed and meant to assist injured workers in providing for themselves when they have no income due to their injuries.
- There is a marked advantage to seeking legal representation when filing a worker’s compensation claim. 85% of those who file claims do so with legal counsel because insurance companies backing employers have earned negative reputations in the past for attempts to deprive workers of their rights.
Let Us Help You with Your Carpal Tunnel Work Comp. Claim
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is an award winning personal injury law firm that has a long track record of success. We assist our clients in receiving the medical care that they need and recovering the compensation needed to cover the costs when they have been injured on the job. Our Chicago workplace injury attorneys have many years of specialized experience in cases similar to your own and we have access to a wide network of professionals in medicine, economics and other key areas of specialty that can provide the resources needed to increase your chances of success. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an attorney so that we can gather the information needed to get to work on your behalf and let you know more about your legal options.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.