Chicago Car Accident Lawyers
If You are Reading This, You Need a Car Accident Attorney
You or a family member was injured in a car accident in Chicago and want to claim damages for accident-related injuries. Whether it was a minor fender-bender or a high-impact collision, you or a loved one has suffered personal injury and wants compensation.
Perhaps you want to claim medical expenses, property damage, lost income due to the inability to work, or costs relating to serious injury resulting in disability and disfigurement. Maybe you are even looking to recover punitive damages.
You Want Trusted Legal Expertise in this Field
You are an injured person in need of legal advice you can trust. You a car accident attorney with experience litigating and settling motor vehicle injury cases, with specialist experience in the Chicago area.
You want to get the maximum value out of your personal injury case after a motor vehicle accident.
You Have Come to the Right Place
In choosing us, you are getting the best Chicago car accident lawyers who know the law and the true value of your case. The consistent results achieved by our auto accident attorneys position us best to represent you or a family member as the injured party.
With Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, you will get an experienced team of personal injury attorneys who are fully committed to your case and available 24/7. We also offer clarity on legal fees, where there is never a legal fee charged until there is a recovery for you. Get started with a free consultation.
Why Work With Us?
As established personal injury lawyers with extensive experienced handling auto-related injuries in the Chicago area, we understand the unique intricacies involved in achieving the best possible settlement for your personal injury.
In fact, our personal injury attorneys have recovered over $250 Million in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Our law firm understands how insurance companies defend these cases, and we use this expertise to your advantage.
From the time a car crash occurs, we work to secure the evidence necessary to provide you with the best financial recovery that the law allows. We understand the impact an auto accident has on your physical, emotional, and financial health.
When you retain the services of our law office, you can be assured that your case is getting handled by an experienced auto accident lawyer who has your interests first and foremost.
Personal injury can be stressful, and we work to lighten your load. This is why our fee structure is designed the way it is. Whether you are claiming for economic damages or non-economic damages, our fees won't add to your stress.
Our Process1. Documentation
From the time we are retained in a case, we begin collecting relevant records on your case such as medical records, medical bills and information about insurance coverage.
This frequently means medical reports from treating doctors documenting the extent of your injuries and prognosis.
We are committed to getting this information for you so that you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery.2. Investigation
Our law firm begins an investigation into the circumstances related to your case as soon as feasible.
This typically means obtaining police reports, investigative documents and photographs of the scene of the incident.
This may also entail getting statements from witnesses and others who have knowledge of the facts related to your case.
After we have an understanding as to how your accident occurred and your injuries, we will approach the insurance company for the individual or company who caused the accident and attempt to negotiate a full and fair settlement.
If we cannot secure a settlement, our trial attorneys will get a lawsuit on file and get your case prepared for court.4. Settlement
Over 95% of our cases get resolved prior to trial. Many of our cases get resolved during the course of litigation or during a mediation.
Whenever your case gets settled, your lawyer will give you a complete accounting for all legal fees and expenses showing you exactly how much money you will recover.
We provide you full transparency so you are fully aware of the settlement figures.
Legal Experience You can Trust
We have experience resolving a range of auto accident cases via settlement, mediation, and trial.
Whether you have been injured in a car crash related to distracted driving, texting, road rage, exceeding the speed limit, drunk driving or driver fatigue, we have seen it all – and won. Common injury cases we have seen include:
- Back and neck injuries, including herniated discs
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Joint damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
Beyond our deep understanding of the law, we also know how these cases are handled by insurance companies, meaning we can take the steps necessary to get the best outcome for you.
In choosing to work with the personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC, you gain the benefit of our broad-ranging experience.
Our Settlement History for Chicago Car Accident Cases
We are well experienced with automobile accident cases and our legal team holds a successful track record that speaks for itself. Below are some examples of settlements we have won for car accident victims.
Our Chicago Car Accident Attorneys Will be by Your Side
When you work with Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, you can expect a professional process designed to work efficiently to see you to a favorable outcome.
Your Chicago auto accident lawyer will meet you for an initial review of your case and will then conduct a thorough investigation, leaving no stone un-turned in gathering evidence to support your case.
Once your medical condition has stabilized, your lawyer will proceed to negotiate with the relevant insurance company on your behalf, seeking a beneficial settlement. If, for some reason, no settlement is reached, we file a lawsuit for your injury claim and see you through the process, from discovery, to mediation to trial.
Don’t Take Our Word for It
I am extremely pleased with how my auto case was handled. The Rosenfeld firm took care of the negotiations so I could focus on my health.
My only regret is that I didn’t hire these lawyers earlier in the process. I really appreciate the way that they looked after myself and my family during a difficult time. I would definitely refer family or friends in need of a car accident lawyer.
If you want a professional law firm handling your car accident case, I would suggest Rosenfeld Injury. I was very impressed by how they communicated with me during the settlement of my case. I feel like they definitely got the job done faster than trying to do this on my own.
Chicago Car Accident FAQ's
Should I Hire a Lawyer to Help Me With a Car Accident Case?
Yes, hiring a lawyer is highly recommended because it levels the playing field when the time comes for you to face professional attorneys working for billion-dollar insurance companies. An experience Chicago car accident lawyer will know how to navigate the process to see you to a favorable outcome, giving you the freedom and peace of mind to focus on recovery.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Attorney?
When you work with us, you pay nothing upfront. We only claim a fee when we reach a settlement for you. This is called a "contingency fee". Once your lawyer has won your case, a pre-agreed percentage of the settlement is payable to them – usually between 25 and 40%.
What is the Statute of Limitations to File a Lawsuit if I was Injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident in Chicago?
In general, Illinois has a two-year statute of limitations for the filing of personal injury cases (including car accident injury and wrongful death lawsuits) and a five-year statute of limitations for property damage. Situations involving an injured minor or a municipal defendant can alter the statute and may require either the filing of a notice provision or filing of a lawsuit sooner.
How Much Money is my Car Accident Injury Case Worth in Illinois?
The value of your Chicago MVA case depends on the facts and circumstances of your injuries and the party that caused the accident. Illinois jury awards and settlement amounts tend to be modest on average. But they can be large, depending on what happened.
Recent big cases in the state include a $2,450,000 award (knee injury); a $3,000,000 award (wrongful death); a $15,833,238 award (brain damage); a $1,155,000 award (herniated disk); and a $15,700,000 award (facial injury).
Settlements often cover medical bills, but it is important to note that you can claim for pain and suffering. This is called 'non-economic damages'. The value of these damages can be hard to quantify, but your attorney will know how best to assess and calculate this.
What Happens if I am Partially at Fault for a Car Accident?
Your level of fault is determined on a percentage basis. Under Illinois’ modified comparative fault law, you can still claim for personal injury if you are partially at fault, but your percentage of fault must sit at less than 50%. If an injured parties’ fault is over 50%, recovery cannot be made.
The value of your case will also reduce in relation to your fault. For example, if you caused 20% of the accident, your compensation will drop by 20%. Our experience pursuing personal injury claims allows us to anticipate defenses that may be raised by insurance companies during the litigation process and we can immediately collect evidence to strengthen your case.
What You Need to Know About Car Accident Injury Claims
In preparation for working with us, we have put together some information which should help you understand the details involved in Illinois car accident cases. If you still have unanswered questions about your car accident case, please contact us.
- Illinois law allows a person injured in a car accident to pursue the negligent driver (or corporation where the individual was employed at the time of collision) to recover financial compensation for injuries and property damage.
- Claiming for damages can include both economic and non-economic compensation. Economic damages are tangible expenses related to medical bills and lost income due to the inability to work after an accident. Non-economic damages are subjective and cover the pain and suffering, disability and disfigurement resulting from an accident. Most of these damages are paid by the at-fault driver's insurance company. We have vast experience in claiming for both kinds of damages and will work to see you fairly compensated.
- In the case of a family who has lost a loved one in an Illinois motor vehicle collision, the law allows the family to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the party who caused the crash. Under the Illinois Wrongful Death Act, the surviving family members may recover compensation for grief, sorrow, loss of financial support and loss of companionship. If you have lost a family member in a car accident, we are here to help you.
- Every motor vehicle accident case involves an insurance company for the driver or the company that they work for. Remember that the interests of the insurance company for the party who caused the crash are contrary to yours. They simply want to pay as little as possible to resolve your case. Fortunately, we have experience dealing with virtually every major auto insurance company and know the ins and outs of their claims handling process.
What to do if You are in an Auto Accident
If you have been in a car accident, your first thought is probably about survival and not about legal action. However, once you have taken stock of your health, there are some important steps you can take which will help you achieve favorable results by securing important evidence.
- Call your car insurer as soon as possible, but do not admit fault: If you wait too long to tell your insurance company what happened, you may be denied compensation or the path to obtaining compensation could be harder. You should never admit fault, even if pressed to make a statement declaring your responsibility. Be honest about the facts, explaining what occurred, but don’t delve into your thoughts and opinions about what happened.
Report the motor vehicle accident: Alert law enforcement and police about the accident and inform them of the facts. Once again, do not provide your opinions about what you think happened – relay what you know to be true. Remember to ask for a copy of a police report or how to obtain a copy after it is filed.
Under Illinois law, motorists who cause injury or death, or damage in excess of $1,500, must submit a report to the Illinois Department of Transportation as soon as possible, and no later than ten days after the car crash has occurred.
Individuals must also report crashes using the Illinois Traffic Crash Report form (Police Report) or the Motorist Report form (Motorist Report). Additional information is available from the Division of Traffic Safety website on how to obtain and file the appropriate forms.
- Get medical attention as soon as possible: Even if you do not have any visible injuries, consult with a physician. You may be unaware of physical injuries due to a state of shock, or may have sustained a concussion.
- Exchange information with the other car driver: It is important to trade your telephone, address, insurance carrier, full legal name, license plate number, and additional contact information with all other drivers involved in the vehicle accident. Taking photographs of these details may prove helpful, especially if you were in shock due to the accident.
- Document anything you remember about the motor accident: Write down what you saw and heard while the event is fresh on your mind. If you’re too hurt to write, ask someone you trust to transcribe or record your account.
- Take photographs of the accident scene & vehicle damage: If you can, take photographs. This will help insurance adjusters investigate the incident. They may also be helpful to a jury if your case goes to trial.
- Interview witnesses about the car accident: Record the accounts of anyone who saw the incident. Note that almost every smartphone has a recorder function, so you can easily record witness observations about the scene of the accident on your smartphone.
- Discuss your case with a qualified car accident lawyer in Chicago: Do not go it alone. An experienced law firm can explain the legal process and protect your rights to obtain fair compensation for your injuries and medical expenses.
Statistics Show That You are not Alone
Car accidents are an unfortunate reality which comes with the freedom of movement. We have put together some statistics to help you understand the context of your car accident claim.
- In 2017, 311,679 automobile collisions occurred on Illinois roads and highways with almost 100 000 injuries.
- Auto collisions in the United States caused $413.8 billion in damages, including loss of life and productivity.
- Distracted driving accounts for almost half of Illinois car accidents, followed by drunk driving.
Get Started - Call Our Law Offices Today
We are committed to holding negligent drivers accountable to the full extent of Illinois law. Our goal is to shoulder some of the burdens that accompany a car accident so you can focus on your health and well-being.
We will come to your home or hospital if you are unable to come to our downtown Chicago office.
Contact our office today and discuss your legal rights and options for personal injury compensation.
- Types of Car Accidents
- Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
- Causes of Car Accidents
- Car Accident Lawsuits & Litigation in Illinois
- Illinois Car Accident Injury Law FAQ’s
- Illinois Drunk Driving Accident Injury & Wrongful Death FAQ’s
- Uninsured Motorist Accident FAQs
- Car Accident Settlement Amounts
- Auto Insurance (Injury) Claims
- Securing Witnesses Following an Accident
- Illinois DMV Locations for Drivers Licenses
- Friends and Family Car Accident Injury Claims
- How to Get a Chicago Police Report After an Accident
- Chicago Car Accident Insurance Claims FAQ’s
- Chicago Car Accident Insurance Claims FAQ’s
- Lyft Car Accident
- Car Insurance Bodily Injury Claim Disputes
- Multi-Vehicle Car Accidents
- Illinois Car Accident Lawyer