Everyday people across Illinois are injured in automobile accidents. The amount of compensation that people receive for their injuries will vary greatly based upon numerous factors. As experienced car accident attorneys, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers has settled hundreds of car accident cases throughout the state. Factors, which impact the value of a car accident case, include:
- The severity of the injury
- Medical care received
- Amount of medical bills
- Need for future medical care or surgery
- Lost wages
- Amount of insurance coverage available
- Insurance companies involved
- If the driver who caused an accident was employed at the time of the crash
- The physical damage to the vehicles involved
- The jurisdiction where the crash occurred
Car Accident Lawyers Committed to Maximizing the Value of Your Case
From the time our office is retained by an individual or family in a car accident case, our office begins the process of collecting information to help assemble the strongest possible case to present to the other driver’s insurance company or to a jury. Taking early steps to preserve evidence, can mean the difference between an ‘acceptable’ versus an ‘excellent’ settlement.
Our aggressive investigation and prosecution of car accident cases, typically results in the majority of our cases getting resolved during negotiations with insurance companies before the case goes to court. This usually means more money in your pocket—faster.
Contact Our Office For a Free Evaluation of Your Car Accident Case
We invite you to contact our office for a free review of your case with an attorney experienced with similar matters. As with all of our personal injury cases, we handle car accident cases on a contingency fee basis where we only receive a legal fee when there is financial recovery for you.
- $2,830,000 Settlement realized for a 44-year-old man who suffered injuries to his spinal cord when he was struck by an oncoming vehicle who went through a red light.
- $1,000,000: Car accident. Paid to the family of a deceased 23-year-old woman who was a backseat passenger involved in a high-speed rear-end impact with a pickup truck. The woman died at the scene.
- $667,000: Pedestrian accident with car. A 34-year-old man was crossing the middle of a busy street (not in the crosswalk ) when a construction company employee driving a private car struck the man. We successfully argued that the company was responsible for our client’s injuries as the driver was in the course of his employment.
- $599,900: Auto accident. A 55-year-old teacher was on her way to work when she was hit head-on by a distracted driver texting on his phone. Our client had fractures to her sternum and ankle.
- $449,000: Our client, the front-seat passenger in a friend’s car, was thrown into the windshield when the driver apparently swerved to avoid an oncoming vehicle. Our client had numerous facial and head injuries from the impact with the glass. A subdural hematoma was identified at the emergency room and bleeding was surgically drained. This settlement was entered into by the defendant's insurance company despite the fact that the expert neuropsychologist that they hired testified that our client's cognitive impairments were not objectively measureable.
- $350,000: After leaving work after an afternoon shift at a hospital lab, our client was crossing a street to take the bus home from work. While crossing the street and in the intersection, a taxicab making a left-hand turn struck the woman. The impact resulted in a fractured tibia and fibula that required surgical repair. The case was settled prior to litigation.
- $250,000: Uninsured motorist policy ( see here for discussion on UM / UIM cases ) limits paid to a mother who was rear-ended by another vehicle on a suburban street. Our client sustained a shatter patella that required surgery. An extensive search revealed the other driver’s insurance lapsed prior to the crash.