Yes, in certain circumstances, you will be able to use expert testimony to advance the theories of your bicycle accident lawsuit.
How Can I Use An Expert Witness In My Bike Accident Case?
An expert witness is someone who has knowledge of a material factual matter beyond that of an average person because of his or her education, training, or experience. 107 Ill. 2d R. 220(a)(1). There may be a few different types of bicycle experts. Illinois courts have accepted engineers, bicycle designers, and even former bicycle racers to testify as bicycle experts. Schaffner v. Chicago & North Western Transp. Co., 161 Ill. App. 3d 742, 750 (Ill. App. Ct. 1st Dist. 1987). These experts may testify to the bicycle’s safety features, or other design aspects that may or may not have contributed to the accident.
Regardless Of My Experts, What Do I Have To Do To Win My Bike Accident Case?
Remember, your decision to use expert testimony should fit within your overall trial strategy. This trial strategy should be geared towards incorporating all available resources and necessary skills to accomplish yours goals in every stage of the lawsuit. In drafting, you must clearly articulate how you were injured, how the defendant was at fault, and how you are entitled to relief. In discovery, you must obtain all the information and evidence necessary to prove these points. Finally, at trial, you must display this entire argument to the jury and fend off any rebuttals the defendant slings at you.
Want To Know More About Bicycle Accident Trials?
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can walk you through all of the specific phases of Illinois bicycle accident lawsuits as well as each of their demands. If you choose to hire us, we can even represent you on contingency so that you don’t have to pay any bill or cost until you get the award or settlement that you deserve. There’s no reason to wait. If you’ve been injured in an Illinois bicycle accident, contact the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Can I Only Be Compensated For My Medical Bills If I File A Bicycle Accident Lawsuit In Illiniois?
- Can I Still Recover Compensation For My Injuries If I Was Injured In A Hit-And-Run Bicycle Accident?
- Can More Than One Driver Be Liable In An Illinois Bicycle Accident Claim Or Lawsuit?
- Do I Need To Discuss The Bicycle Accident Details With The Insurance Company If They Contact Me?
- Does Illinois Have Laws Specifically For Bicyclists?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After My Bicycle Accident In Illinois?
- If I Am Injured In A Chicago Bicycle Accident Due To The Fault Of A Motorist, Are They Responsible For Paying My Medical Expenses?
- Is It Possible For Me To Be Found At Fault In My Bicycle Accident And Still Recover Compensation For My Injuries?
- Is It Worthwhile To Hire An Attorney For My Bicycle Accident?
- Is The Repair Shop Responsible For My Injuries If A Faulty Repair Caused My Bicycle Accident?
- What Can I Do If My Child Was Injured Or Killed On His Or Her Bike?
- What Should I Do If I See A Bicyclist Get Hit By A Driver But I Was Unable To Stop?
- What Should I Do If I Was Injured In An Illinois Bike Accident And The Insurance Company Wants Me To Sign A Medical Authorizatio?
- What Should I Take Pictures Of If I Am In A Bicycle Injury Accident?
- Who Is Responsible If The Driver That Hit Me On My Bike Was Working At The Time?