Buffalo Grove Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer
Almost half (45%) of all fatal motorcycle crashes involved speeding at the time of the accident. This alarming statistic illustrates the dangers of riding without adequate safety gear, especially when traveling above the speed limit on an open highway or winding road without guardrails protecting you from falling off your bike if you lose control riding too fast for conditions.
Were you involved in a motorcycle accident in Buffalo Grove, Illinois? Are you seeking maximum compensation for your damages from the negligent party?
Our personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC are legal advocates for motorcycle accident victims just like you.
Call our Buffalo Grove personal injury lawyers at (888) 424-5757 (toll-free phone number) or use the contact form for immediate legal advice and schedule a free consultation. All confidential or sensitive information you share with your Buffalo Grove motorcycle accidents lawyer remains private through an attorney-client relationship.
Motorcycle Riding in Buffalo Grove
Many bikers travel through the Buffalo Grove area while commuting to and from work or enjoying the great outdoors. In addition, the surrounding areas are known for their beautiful scenery and pleasant atmosphere.
The presence of so many bikers in the Buffalo Grove area may be why Buffalo Grove police officers are actively looking for motorcycle riders not following traffic rules.
Twice as Many Motorcycle Accidents in Illinois
The number of fatal motorcycle crashes increased by 23% during the first half of this year, compared to 2010. This statistic is disturbing to officials and news organizations alike.
However, many motorcycle accidents could be avoided if bikers wore helmets and other protective gear such as jackets and boots while riding at high speeds on public roads.
Buffalo Grove Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Statistics show that Buffalo Grove has an average of four motorcycle-related accidents each month, resulting in 48 accidents between 2017 and 2020.
Buffalo Grove riders are also subject to other typical types of motorcycle collisions, including ones involving drivers failing to yield the right-of-way or yielding when they didn't have to.
In addition, other Buffalo Grove bikers were involved in collisions with cars making left turns in front of them, causing them to crash into the side of a turning vehicle.
Buffalo Grove's High Number of Motorcycle Accidents
Statistics show that Buffalo Grove has an average of four motorcycle-related accidents each month. In 2019 alone, 16 serious accidents involving motorcycles were reported, two of which were fatal and involved cars failing to yield the right-of-way.
Buffalo Grove riders are also subject to other typical motorcycle accidents involving drivers failing to yield the right-of-way or yielding when they didn't have to.
In addition, other bikers were involved in collisions with cars making left turns in front of them, causing them to crash into the side of a turning vehicle.
Recent Buffalo Grove Motorcycle Accidents
Our motorcycle accident lawyers have handled and reviewed many recent Buffalo Grove car accidents involving motorcycles. Unfortunately, many accidents happen every day throughout the Chicagoland area.
Recent catastrophic accidents involving motorcycles include:
- In 2021, a motorcyclist traveling through Lake County into Cook County was killed after failing to yield the right-of-way. Additionally, a motorcyclist traveling southbound on Route 12 was killed after hitting a truck, making a sudden lane change in April 2021. The truck driver traveling westbound on Dundee road failed to yield the right-of-way while turning left onto Buffalo Grove Road.
- In March 2021, a motor vehicle accident involving a motorcyclist left the victim in the road with severe injuries in this hit-and-run case. The investigators found that the slain biker was traveling west on Jackson Blvd when he crashed into a taxi, making a sudden lane change.
- In February 2021, two motorcyclists were injured in an accident involving another vehicle on Tryon Grove Road. The driver of the car failed to yield while turning left onto Park Avenue from Dundee Road. The victim's Buffalo Grove, IL motorcycle accident lawyers negotiated an acceptable out-of-court settlement to compensate for his serious injuries.
- In the fall of 2020, the Buffalo Grove Police Department responded to a motor vehicle accident involving a biker who was thrown from his motorcycle and sustained injuries. Additionally, the police department was called to the intersection after a biker was involved in a car accident.
- In January 2020, six vehicles were involved in an accident on Lake Cook Rd that left two motorcyclists with critical injuries. A total of seven people required medical attention after several vehicles collided.
- In December 2019, a motorcyclist was injured in an accident involving another vehicle. The police department reported that the crash happened at Lake Cook Road and Dundee Road. At around 8 pm, officers responded to a two-car crash with one car left on top of another car.
- In June 2019, a Buffalo Grove car accident claimed the life of a motorcyclist at an intersection. After being struck by another vehicle, the motorcyclist was thrown from his motorcycle and sustained fatal injuries. The surviving family members hired motorcycle attorneys specializing in personal injury claims to compensation for a wrongful death lawsuit. The case was settled out of court.
- In December 2018, a motorcyclist was seriously injured at an intersection in Wheeling when another driver turned into his path. In addition, a car accident claim which left a McHenry County motorcyclist with serious injuries was investigated by local authorities.
- In November 2018, a motorcyclist in central Illinois sustained injuries when another driver made an illegal turn in front of the victim. Additionally, a Cook County biker was seriously injured in an accident involving another vehicle on Route 83. The traffic incident investigators determined that the southbound car ran a red light and crashed into the victim's motorcycle.
The Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC represent clients throughout Cook County and DuPage County, including Buffalo Grove.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
A lack of safety gear and traveling on hazardous roads throughout Illinois create the perfect environment for catastrophic injuries when riding a motorcycle and sharing the roadway with others.
As a result, many victims involved in motorcycle or pedestrian accidents suffer an injury to the head or spine.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, the most common motorcycle accident cases involve injuries that include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Cuts, bruising, and lacerations
- Facial and head trauma
- Spinal cord damage
- Paraplegia, quadriplegia, and tetraplegia
- Dismemberment (amputation)
- Broken bones
Many of the listed injuries leave the victim with permanent disabilities, scarring, and a shortened life expectancy.
These injured victims have the legal right to seek monetary compensation from every party responsible for causing the crash. Our law firm handles motorcycle cases just like yours and has obtained over $250 million on behalf of our clients.
Let us handle your motorcycle case to resolve your legal issue. Call our law offices at (888) 424-5757 (toll-free phone number) for immediate legal representation.
What You Need to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
The initial steps you take in the moments after a motorcycle crash can help identify the extent of your injuries, the recommended treatment and care, and the amount of financial compensation you'll receive for your injuries and damages.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers recommend that you:
- Assess your health condition and the injuries of others
- Call 911 to report what happened and ask for police and medical assistance
- Ask to be transported to the local emergency room even if you suspect that your injuries are minor (only a competent doctor with the best diagnostic tools can accurately determine your current health and the extent of any injuries)
- Follow your doctor's recommendations when released from the emergency room
- Gather evidence at the accident scene and take photographic evidence of all damaged cars, property, and objects
- Take photographic evidence of your injuries to be used in a court of law or during your trial
- Speak with witnesses to determine exactly what they saw
- Obtain the police report that documents the law officer's investigation
- Speak with a motorcycle accident attorney to file a personal injury claim
- Use legal representation to handle your case with the insurance company to ensure you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve
Most motorcycle crash cases are resolved through a negotiated settlement. As a result, less than 5% of all claims involving motorcycle, car, and truck accidents are ever heard before a judge and jury.
Time Limits to File An Accident Claim
According to Illinois law, the state legislature restricts the amount of time anybody can file a personal injury claim citing negligence of another that caused a motorcycle crash.
In addition, the statute of limitations places a time limit on making such an injury claim, and the deadline to do so is two years from the date of the accident.
Once that time limit has passed, the perpetrator of the motorcycle accident will not be held accountable in any civil court for causing that collision that left the victim injured or killed. Because of the time limit, it is essential to contact an experienced Illinois motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful death claim can also be filed if a fatal collision involves another driver's negligence. The time limit to file a wrongful death claim is two years from the date of the accident. However, that deadline can easily pass before a family discovers their rights to compensation after the death of a loved one.
Qualifying family members include spouses, children, parents, siblings, and others dependent on the decedent for financial support.
For example, a wrongful death claim can provide compensation for medical bills that remain after the accident's fatality, lost wages for the work that the deceased would have performed during their lifetime, and compensation for pain and suffering.
The Benefits of Using Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
A competent Buffalo Grove car accident lawyer with good negotiation skills can ensure you are maximally compensated to ensure that all your bills, including medical expenses, hospitalization costs, lost wages, and future lost earnings, are paid.
In addition, you should receive other compensation, including money for pain, suffering, mental anguish, grief, and emotional trauma.
Contact our Northern Illinois law firm at (888) 424-5757 and speak with one of our motorcycle accident lawyers today about legal help to resolve your motorcycle accident case.
Contacting a Buffalo Grove Personal Injury Law Firm That Can Handle Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Highly experienced Buffalo Grove motorcycle accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are ready to serve as your legal advocate to protect your rights after your accident.
Your legal team will file a motorcycle injury claim or wrongful death lawsuit for financial compensation for your Evanston motorcycle crash.
Our auto accident attorneys will perform a comprehensive investigation and assessment of the motorcycle/car accident scene to determine the cause of the crash with injuries and provide various legal options on obtaining adequate compensation for your injuries.
Our team of skilled Buffalo Grove personal injury lawyers understands comprehensive federal and Illinois motorcycle laws. Your personal injury attorney will build a successful personal injury case based on proven legal theory to ensure our law firm obtains the maximum amount of financial recovery you deserve.
If you or a loved one are an accident victim seeking fair compensation to recover your damages, contact a motorcycle accident attorney at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your free case consultation.
A Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer can give you information on how to receive immediate legal advice, recoup property damage losses, file a claim against the insurance company, and postpone payment of your medical bills.
Our legal team represents clients in various practice areas, including motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, substandard medical care, product liability, home caregiver negligence, dangerous drugs, premises liability, and wrongful death.