On another page of our Illinois Car Accident Settlement Center, we outlined a 5-step process for you to use when generally analyzing how much your car accident case could be worth. It is a great starting point.
Here it is if you have not had a chance to review it: What Is My Car Accident Case Worth? Below, we provide some context if you broke a bone and are wondering how that might affect your potential recovery. In that case, here are some things to remember:
- As opposed to other injuries, broken bones often do not require surgery and can normally heal properly with simple medical attention, maybe a cast, and time.
- Broken bones heal differently depending upon the age of the victim. They may only take 2-3 weeks for a child but may take as long as 9-11 weeks for an adult.
- Some broken bones might tear through the skin, potentially requiring surgery and causing scarring. When this occurs, medical costs might balloon according to the seriousness of the procedure.
- In adults, the most common broken bones are in the arms and feet.
- In addition to car accidents, most bones are broken in sports, falls, and fights.
For analyzing how much your broken bone case is worth, it is important to realize that your economic damages will normally be higher than your non-economic damages. You will probably not experience significant pain and suffering or experience a different quality of life because of the car accident and subsequent broken bone.
However, you might have substantial medical bills and lost wages because of what and how long it takes to heal. Therefore, when using our 5-step process to determine how much your car accident case is worth, keep in mind to emphasize these areas of damages over the others.
Legal Assistance From Attorneys With Experience Representing People With Fractures Sustained in Illinois Car Accidents
With many variables contributing to the impact of a bone fracture injury, our attorneys work hard to communicate the extent of your injury to an insurance company, judge or jury deciding a case.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are committed to maximizing the full value of your Illinois auto accident case involving fractures. Contact our office for a free case assessment as to how we can help you get the compensation you are entitled to receive for your case.