In another section of the Illinois Car Accident Settlement Center (What Is My Car Accident Case Worth?) we outlined a 5-step procedure for you to estimate the value of your potential lawsuit. Here, we want to outline some specific issues germane to brain injuries.
- First, is it important to note that more than half of all traumatic brain injuries come from car accidents.
- Second, the average cost of a typical brain surgery is approximately $100,000.
- Third, the average stay in a hospital following a traumatic brain injury and its accompanying surgery is a little over 9 days; however, some patients are able to leave before then and some required many more weeks and even months to fully recover.
- Fourth, brain injuries will often require extensive rehabilitation with qualified medical professionals. This care can cost patients well over $1,000 per day.
- Fifth, total costs for medical care directly related to brain injuries easily costs upwards of two or three hundred thousand dollars in the first year alone.
From these statistics alone, it is easy to see how the numbers easily add up to a lot of potential recovery for the medical care and treatment required as well as the corresponding time missed from work and attending to investments. However, on the other side of the coin are intangible losses and brain injuries often come with a bevy of these including pain and suffering and loss of a normal life.
Compared to other car accident injuries, brain injuries undoubtedly alter a victim’s life and lower their quality of life and juries tend to generously compensate them for these intangible losses. Therefore, when following our procedure to estimate your car accident case value, keep in mind that the hard numbers and intangible losses will both be higher for brain injuries than many others.Legal Assistance For Individuals and Families Coping With a Brain Injury From an Illinois Car Accident
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers appreciates the impact a brain injury can have on the individual and his / her family. Our law firm is proud to be selected by to be the legal representative when it comes to representing brain injury clients in civil claims for damages from at fault drivers. If you are in need of an Illinois law firm with experience working on brain injury matters related to automobile accidents, contact our office for a free case review.
Learn more about the medical- legal implications of brain injuries here.