Illinois Bike Accident Settlements
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has experience representing bicyclists who have suffered injuries as the result of negligent drivers. Our office also has experience representing families in wrongful death cases were the cyclist has lost his or her life in a crash.
Our law firm is committed to securing the most favorable result for your case regardless if it means an our-of-court settlement or taking the case to trial. Our office is headquartered in Chicago, but we regularly represent cyclists in personal injury cases across Illinois. Regardless of where you live or where your incident occurred, we are confident that we can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Valuing Chicago Bicycle Accident Cases
Understandably, after the initial shock and anger related to a bike accident subsides, many injured cyclists then find themselves asking about how much their case is worth. Even as attorneys who have successfully resolved hundreds of bicycle accident cases, we are hesitant to provide a valuation for your case, because there are many variables while contribute to how a Chicago bike accident case is valued for purposes of settlement or trial before a jury.
Factors, which contribute to the value of a bicycle accident case, include:
- Severity of injuries sustained by the bicyclist
- Medical bills for past and future care
- Wages lost as a result of the incident
- Amount of insurance coverage
- Insurance company for responsible driver or party
- Opinions as to permanency offered by a treating physician
- How an incident occurred and severity of the impact
- Jurisdiction where the crash occurred
Get Help Now and Maximize Your Illinois Bicycle Accident Settlement
The law firm that you retain to represent you in a bicycle accident case can have a significant impact on the ultimate case valuation. Our Chicago bike accident attorneys appreciate the responsibility placed on us when a client retains our office after a bike crash. Below we have compiled some recent settlements and verdicts we have obtained for client in bicycle accident injury cases.
We invite you to contact our office for a free review of your case and your legal options for recovery. As with all of our personal injury and wrongful death cases, we only earn a fee when we are successful on your behalf.
- $499,000: Bike accident. A vehicle exiting a parking garage in Chicago struck a bike messenger. Our attorneys proved through discovery that the driver was new to the area and did not know there was two-way traffic on the street he was pulling onto. This settlement was achieved within four months of litigation and for virtually the full amount of available insurance coverage (a $1,000 policy discount).
- $250,000: Uninsured motorist claim for a businessman involved in a hit-and-run bicycle accident. Incidentally, the man was a manager at a bicycle shop. The recovery was made through his own insurance policy.
- $250,000: Bicycle accident. The driver failed to yield to cyclists on a busy city street during rush hour. The cyclist had damage to the knee and required arthroscopic surgery. Policy limits of at fault driver were tendered within 60 days of our involvement.
- $180,000: 23-year old man was ‘doored’ by a man exiting his vehicle on the Northside of Chicago. The cyclist was thrown over his handlebars and fractured his clavicle and skull. Initially, the driver’s insurance company denied this claim due to the fact that there was road construction underway on the street, which precluded the driver from parking adjacent to the curb.
- $105,000: An amateur triathlete was out for a morning ride when a vehicle trying to pass her struck her. The woman was thrown from her bike and injured her knee, requiring arthroscopic repair. This award represents the policy limits of the cyclist’s uninsured motorist policy from their auto insurance and the full amount of medical payment coverage.