Bethany Home Ratings & Violations
Finding the best Illinois long-term care facility to place a loved one suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease can be a daunting task. In some cases, family members providing care in the loved one’s home can be overwhelming, especially when other responsibilities are neglected. However, once the family understands what Memory Care Communities offer, it is often easier to make the decision to move a spouse, parent or grandparent into a facility that specializes in the challenges that surround memory loss. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC provide legal services to mistreated and abused patients residing at Illinois sheltered bed facilities like Bethany Home.
Bethany Home Retirement Community
This Nursing Center is a ‘for profit’ 254-certified-bed Home providing cares to residents of Chicago and Cook County, Illinois. The sheltered facility is located at:
4950 N. Ashland
Chicago, IL 60640
The facility provides individualized memory care for individuals suffering from memory impairment, isolation, and withdrawal. The Home’s programs are facilitated by a highly trained staff that includes:
- Music therapy
- Discussions and endeavors that stimulate the brain
- Our therapy
- Current event discussions
- Pet therapy
- Creative exercise and movement
- Regularly scheduled activities
- Monthly outings
Chicago LTC Home Resident Safety Concerns
Families can download statistics from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH – ltc.dph.illinois.gov) to review a comprehensive historical list of all incident inquiries, filed complaints, safety concerns, health violations and opened investigations of every facility statewide. The information can be used to determine the level of health and hygiene care each community nursing home provides its patients.
The Cook County neglect attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have reviewed the deficiencies, safety concerns and health violations at all Illinois long-term care (LTC) homes.
What Memory Care Communities Offer
If a loved one is challenged with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, they often require extensive services and care that a traditional assisted living community is unable to offer. However, some senior living communities provide specialized memory care services to ensure the needs of the resident are met. Some of these services include:
- A Safe Environment – These facilities have locked gates and doors, permitting avoiding to enjoy an independent life and a sense of freedom inside the community while preventing injury or wandering away.
- Ongoing Monitoring/Supervision and Safe Practices – Successful Memory Care Centers are staffed with certified nurses who have the training to administer medications in accordance with the resident’s physician’s orders. In addition, the staff will monitor the resident’s behaviors and activities, and provide quick action if there is a dramatic change in the patient’s behavior, personality or health. The staff will also ensure that the resident receives immediate medical attention when necessary.
- A Trained Competent Staff – Every member of the team has specialized training in dementia care and compassion to ensure the resident always receives dignified, respectful care. This is important because these residents have unique challenges and can often become agitated, confused or aggressive.
- Social Activities Focused on Preserving the Resident’s Cognitive Function – Studies indicate that the keeping the mind active is a significant way to reduce the symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Using the mind through activities programs tailored specifically to assist individuals in slowing the disease’s progression is one way to increase the time the resident can remain independent. These activities include cognitive therapies, sensory stimulation, and occupational/physical therapies.
Keeping your loved one in an active group setting and providing socialization and regular exercise has been proven effective at slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s and other dementia diseases. Many patients suffering from Alzheimer’s seem to thrive in a tight-knit assisted living community that specializes in memory care. Often, their quality of life is significantly better than had they remained at home.
Assisted Living Versus Nursing Homes
Unlike a traditional assisted living facility, nursing homes usually offer around-the-clock services and care and can manage all the medical needs, nursing requirements and hygiene assistance to the individual when they are no longer capable of providing care for themselves. While the assisted living options tend to offer a higher level of independence, nursing facilities and residential memory care communities tend to strike the right balance of security, safety, and independence to maximize the needs of the senior suffering with dementia.
Developing an effective Plan of Care based on regular routine tends to provide stability to the dementia patient who understands what to expect every day. These routines often diminish agitation, aggression, and confusion.
Chicago Illinois Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
If you and your family believe that your loved one was victimized by employees, caregivers, visitors or other residents at Bethany Home Retirement Community, call Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today. Our experienced, reputable Chicago attorneys provide victims of nursing home abuse, neglect or mistreatment the legal representation they need against all those who caused them harm. Our law firm can provide your family numerous legal options on how to obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
We encourage you to contact our Cook County area elder abuse law office today by calling (888) 424-5757 to schedule your no-obligation, initial complimentary claim review. No upfront payment for our services is required because our legal fees are paid only after we have successfully resolved your case by negotiating an acceptable out of court settlement or winning at trial.