If you suffer a back injury in an Illinois car accident, you will probably wonder very quickly what your case would be worth if you filed a lawsuit. Of course, there are some common dimensions to all kinds of injury cases, and you can read all about those here: What Is My Car Accident Case Worth? However, here are some important facts to consider for back injuries in particular and how they might influence your future recovery in a suit:
- Surgery for back injuries, such as a lumbar fusion, may cost as much as $100,000.
- Recovery time from a procedure to fix back injuries may take as much as three months.
- Surgery to correct back problems might result in significant nerve damage as well as long-term pain and limited movement.
- Many patients still undergo extensive rehabilitation efforts after corrective surgeries.
- Lawsuits involving back injuries from car accidents recover more than $100,000 on average.
Back injuries are one of the most catastrophic injuries you can experience from a car accident. Very quickly, they can completely alter your life and require significant modifications to compensate for the harm. The costs alone to correct them can quickly add up. Surgery, medications, rehabilitation, and follow-up examinations cost a lot of money.
Also, even with this medical care, you still might have to miss a lot of work and experience ongoing pain. Traditionally, this is why you see a lot economic compensation in back injury cases (for medical care, loss of income, etc.) but also some compensation for pain and suffering because there is a reduced quality of life in many instances.Do You Have a Back Injury Related to an Illinois Car Accident?
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers has decades of experience representing people who have suffered back injuries of all types in car accidents. Our attorneys are committed to maximizing the value of your case. If you or a loved one are seeking the expertise of an Illinois law firm who has a track record of success when it comes to auto accident cases, contact our office for a free case review.