Lawyers for Neck Injuries Sustained in Illinois Auto Accidents
Neck Injuries and Car Accidents
The human neck is a delicate, complex structure of bones, blood vessels, tissues, larynx and other parts. The neck serves as a juncture that connects the brain to the rest of the body and transmits all messages back and forth through the spinal column. Therefore, injuries to the neck can have debilitating effects on the rest of the body.
Car accidents pose an extremely high risk of harm to the neck. Whiplash can occur when victims' heads and necks are flung forward during vehicle accidents while the upper body remains in place by the seatbelt. Thus, many accident-related neck injuries are diagnosed as whiplash but this broad category also includes strains, sprains, broken bones, and other issues. Rear-end collisions commonly cause severe neck injuries. However, they can occur in other activities including sports, fighting, and other accidents. Additionally, a whiplash neck injury can happen at low speeds as well. Some studies have found neck problems occurred at only 5 miles per hour! Some common symptoms of whiplash include the following:
- Neck pain.
- Neck stiffness.
- Shoulder discomfort.
- Vision loss or pain around the eyes.
Neck Injury Statistics
- Almost 50% of all serious neck injuries in the U.S. occur in automobile accidents and many of these involve low-speed collisions.
- One in 10 neck injuries from car accidents results in long-term pain.
- Children make up the most victims of neck injuries from car accidents.
- Neck injuries happen in the majority of car accidents.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.